Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Variety's Oscars experts predict category noms for Gaga next year!

Jase

Featured Posts

• Jase changed the title to Variety predicts the Best Actress nominees for the 2022 Oscars!
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cssomeone

Bookmark me: Martha Plimpton will not only be nominated but also win for 'Mass'

GucciGa

So back in 2012 when the ridiculous "scandal" of Kristen Stewart cheating on rpattz was breaking on social media and everyone was ripping into Kristen, calling her all sorts of names guess who was one of the only people to defend her? GAGA. I was a pretty casual fan at that time and it was one of those times where I realised what a decent person she was bc she didn't jump on the bandwagon. She was concerned for both Kristen and Rob and the way the media was acting. So that's why I don't get mad at the kindness stuff bc I know she actually means it. 

😇

Gagz4Gaga

Vampire kweens, the Countess and Bella Cullen yass :v:

OT: still pressed at Mcdormand for stealing Carey Mulligan’s Oscar and no, she is not better than Meryl Streep pls :grr:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Bradley

Frances McDormand, AGAIN?

Gurl she gets like a Best Actress nomination AND win every two years :air:

Gagz4Gaga
Just now, Bradley said:

Frances McDormand, AGAIN?

Gurl she gets like a Best Actress nomination AND win every two years :air:

And she didn’t even deserve her last two: Saoirse should have got it for Lady Bird and Carey for Promising Young Woman. I’m still mad about it lol 

nostalgia’s for geeks

LilyLark
37 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

I love her, but I'm not sure it's Oscar baity enough for her to secure a nom. I defn. think she'll get an indie spirit nomination, though, or win.

LilyLark

Love to see it. My only concern is that there's been nada on The Last Duel, which Ridley finished before Gucci, which makes me worry that Gucci won't be ready in time because I suspect post-production on The Last Duel would finish before Gucci due to it being wrapped first.

LilyLark
26 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

So back in 2012 when the ridiculous "scandal" of Kristen Stewart cheating on rpattz was breaking on social media and everyone was ripping into Kristen, calling her all sorts of names guess who was one of the only people to defend her? GAGA. I was a pretty casual fan at that time and it was one of those times where I realised what a decent person she was bc she didn't jump on the bandwagon. She was concerned for both Kristen and Rob and the way the media was acting. So that's why I don't get mad at the kindness stuff bc I know she actually means it. 

I feel like that scandal would have gone down way differently post Me Too. Not that it seemed like a black and white situation, but it definitely came across as one of those morally gray areas where an older man in power took advantage of someone much younger even if they were legal. 

She was like 19-20 and was clearly going through something at the time—I think she even heavily implied that she was struggling with some mental health issues and I imagine that stress of being in the closet for being bi must have added to the pressure— he was twice her age and her boss. She did mess up, but he was far more in the wrong imo and it was insane how the media put it all on her and he got off. I swear there was even some article in one of the big mags about it that described her as the type to "watch your man around" and the slut shaming was insane.

Anyway, it's good to see her career recovered because I remember when people thought it was basically over due to that mess.

LilyLark

I feel like Cate Blanchett might be a contender for GDT's Nightmare Alley and Ana de Armas for Blonde. Although I suspect there may be some controversy about the former...it has a huge ensemble cast with a ton of A listers...and I believe every single one of them is white. It's literally whiter than a Wes Anderson or Woody Allen movie.

That's nice but one should wait to see the performance first. LG is not Meryl Streep who we can all predict to get in on name and role alone.

Wixson
49 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

They're campaigning everyone from that movie in supporting categories and haven't people been saying Ann Dowd has better chances anyway? 

• Jase changed the title to Variety's Oscars experts predict category noms for Gaga next year!

Archived