Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Normani - Wild Side Ft. Cardi B

El Verdugo

Featured Posts

babyboo
9 hours ago, Kantakyakirno said:

Erm, Doja Charismatic and Normani isn't?Ā 

Yes, well being charismatic depends on others perception of you, thus also depends on social norms and trends.Ā People are just more drawn into a more relatable, funny, almost meme-able kind of pop stars nowadays, and normani is not exactly that (or even trying to be i think). That coupled with her music that is not catchy at all, is not helping her become a top tier pop girl. This kind of direction would be great for 2nd/3rd album imo, but for now she just needs several strings of hits under her belt,Ā so bops are needed!

Her branding of being fierce and serious would work well in the 00s (think Beyonce IASF era), but not now imo. Even Bey, a solidified icon, herself is getting a lot of backlash for being too untouchable nowadays.

Anyways im going way off topic sorry bout thatĀ :huntyga:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live!!!! šŸ—£... Serve us Qweens...Ā 

They were both great. But I hv to say Cardi was probably there to boost the song numbers and promo , rather than actual work... But whatever reason, it good for Normani. Nevertheless the song would hv been great with or without Cardi. But her contribution will definitely reflect commercially so I'm glad she's in it.... What a great song and visuals.šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

10 minutes ago, babyboo said:

Yes, well being charismatic depends on others perception of you, thus also depends on social norms and trends.Ā People are just more drawn into a more relatable, funny, almost meme-able kind of pop stars nowadays, and normani is not exactly that (or even trying to be i think). That coupled with her music that is not catchy at all, is not helping her become a top tier pop girl. This kind of direction would be great for 2nd/3rd album imo, but for now she just needs several strings of hits under her belt,Ā so bops are needed!

Her branding of being fierce and serious would work well in the 00s (think Beyonce IASF era), but not now imo. Even Bey, a solidified icon, herself is getting a lot of backlash for being too untouchable nowadays.

I have to agree with everything u said. She's very reserved.. We don't knw her that much besides in her element as a musician. Doja is literally a tiktoker and a meme. And makes great music.. Her personality reflects in her music. The 00s reference is actually on point.Ā 

Normani needs 2 things

1. More experimental songs that allow her to belt out a note here and there.. We wana hear her SING!!!!.. NOT too much but give us a note or something.Ā 

2. She needs a high profile celebrity romance for media traffic.. She needs to be more visible to the GP besides just for her music. That's how ppl relate to u more.Ā 

3. It's too early for her in her career to be such a serious artist who's "out of reach" like Beyonce.. U hv to reach a certain level of fame and success and/or longevity to be too sheltered like this. Basically only legends can do that. When u still on the build up, u. need to be visible and somewhat accessible. Let loose a bit.Ā 

Thomas P
10 hours ago, babyboo said:

Yep. Same with tinashe (apart from her recent release like 'Rascal' where she's shown more personality, good for her)

Her branding is basically just 'im a diva and imfl fierce', it lacked substance and relatability. Not comparing but I'd say a charismatic popstar would be someone like Doja.

I think they have different variants of charisma, but both have it.

For me, Normani is close to (not quite there, but she has time to grow) the kind of charisma that Beyonce brings. The kind where she can stand on stage and do nothing and people will lose their minds.

Doja has the charisma of Katy. Sheā€™sĀ relatable, sheā€™s bubbly and funny, and she hits the stage and people feel warm and happy.Ā 

Neither kind are better than the other, but both are still very much so valid.

This is just my two cents though, I understand your perspective on it for sure!

EDIT: Reading some of the other posts, I do agree that Normaniā€™s brand of charisma isnā€™t a great one for a debut era. I do agree that, to really solidify yourself as a lasting artist, you need to be a bit more relatable on the way up.

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

myluis617

No denying she can dance, the song it is a choiceā€¦ She will deff come with something way better than this though.

babyboo
19 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I think they have different variants of charisma, but both have it.

For me, Normani is close to (not quite there, but she has time to grow) the kind of charisma that Beyonce brings. The kind where she can stand on stage and do nothing and people will lose their minds.

Doja has the charisma of Katy. Sheā€™sĀ relatable, sheā€™s bubbly and funny, and she hits the stage and people feel warm and happy.Ā 

Neither kind are better than the other, but both are still very much so valid.

This is just my two cents though, I understand your perspective on it for sure!

I agree that both are charismatic in their own way. But in fearĀ of sounding ignorant, I'm speaking on this purely from a marketing/branding perspective.

There's always a 'trend' in which how people like things to be, in this case a pop star. People just don't like things packaged in a 'serious' tone nowadays. I get that that's her personality. But i feel like she can do so much more to be relatable to the GP.

Her music sound is an obvious one, it needs to be 'boppier'.Ā But also do more appearances on YT, maybe on magazineĀ chanels (ex: Cosmopolitan magazine withĀ Expensive taste test)Ā ? PlayĀ some light hearted games when it's time for your singleĀ to drop. OrĀ idk do something fun with her, 'Normani tries out street food around NYC' maybe? Those kind of things can help shineĀ more light toĀ her persona, im sure nobody is 'serious' all the time. IĀ just don't think you can be too untouchable when you're at the start of your career. She just need to develop her fan base and make people like her first!

Just my 2 cents

Joaco95

yaass gimmeĀ r&b 00's throwback

I like the song, I love the video, Cardi was pointless lol

Ā 

JanStan
9 hours ago, babyboo said:

This is so true. LegendĀ Janet birthed Beyonce who birthed Normani. The difference is that Janet and Beyonce earned their untouchable status before acting untouchable. Normani is sooooooooo my type of artist (as are Janet and Bey)Ā but Im in the minority these days andĀ to make it to mpg status youā€™ve got to appeal to the GP.Ā 
Ā 

With thatā€™s said Iā€™m still trying to find my wig after watching the video. The song itself...not so much.Ā 

Ronk
57 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Damn itā€™s good.

I think so too.Ā  I really like Normani.Ā  I think she's a good person.Ā  :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Chlorine Sevigny

The song did nothing for me. The choreo was the highlight and the visuals were an elevated version of whatā€™s been current.

LG666
On 7/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, boiswifty said:

I don't get the hype about her honestly? She hasĀ talents but lacks...something.Ā Charisma maybe? IDK. Now before you go attacking me, I think she's incredibly talented but in the music industry, you should be more than thatĀ :vegas:

Ā 

As for the song, it's a boring ass song. I don't think I'll be listening to that ever again. I loveĀ songs that starts a party inside me when I hear it. This one ain't it.Ā 

As for the video though... LOVE HER DANCING! Her costumes are EVERYTHING. I LOVE THE VIDEO.Ā 

I agree. She is stunnnnning and ultra talented, but something about her lacks the "it" factor for me. I just don't think she has a point of view or anything unique about her to make her a standout pop star.

No shade, just my opinion. I wish her all the success, I just don't understand the hype.

Archived