🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

society

Trump sues Twitter, Google and Facebook alleging 'censorship'

Featured Posts

Helxig

Pretty sure it's in all their terms and conditions that they can block users freely so :shrug: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starlit

• bionic

• Lilbit

• MadreMonster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Former US president Donald Trump has announced plans to sue tech giants Google, Twitter and Facebook, claiming that he is the victim of censorship. The class action lawsuit also targets the three

If constitutional then its an open and shut loss for Trump.   If he somehow wins then I will sue @PartySick and @FATCAT for censorship every time a thread gets locked  

No one is censoring his free speech. Private companies such as Facebook and Twitter have every right to remove or block accounts that do not comply with their rules. Nothing is stopping Trump from hol

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, Starlit said:

That wasn’t why he was banned, but ok. 

Then why was he banned? :emma:

SpadesToStart

Freedom of speech does not mean you are entitled to a platform to spout your free speech off of. :coffee:

TimisaMonster

Domestic extremist terrorist leaders don't get the right to say whatever they want on social media that has incited racial and political violence...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
  • Thanks 2
SlipAway
13 hours ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

Former US president Donald Trump

b2152d4b8ba75f7d561b81f78798083e.gif

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Jill
3 hours ago, Starlit said:

When a private company acts as a public utility the laws change, hence, Facebook’s right to selectivity, censorship and propaganda also change. 

I can't at every word of this being incorrect :rip: 

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
Fresco

Imo, he won't win the case. But it looks like we will find out. Since McConnell stacked the courts for him, he is just so eager to bring lawsuits.

Imo,  his bs statements about the election are driving a dagger into the heart of American democracy.  If he continues to blather on the way he did prior to January 6th, he will split his political party and all of the USA into 2 or more separate countries.  Russian Putin will be so proud of his work.  Democrats will never be ruled by an illegitimate king that got fewer votes and lost the election.

ctherainbow
Posted (edited)

Ah yes, defend a private company’s right to refuse specific service to customers based on immutable parts of their humanity.

Then turn around and sue a private company for refusing specific service to a customer based on a choice to espouse deceptive claims.

The level of open hypocrisy in the post-Obama GOP is staggering.    :fthis:

Edited by ctherainbow
I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.
PartySick
12 hours ago, Starlit said:

Good. I don’t like him, nor do I agree with what he says, but this censorship thing has gone too far. His freedom to say horrible things protects my freedom to call him a bigot. You Americans will never learn from history. Look at every other nation that started to censor some free speech. It’s a dangerous road. The best way to counter wrong speech is correct speech, not silencing people you don’t agree with. Learn to debate. 

Just saying, if this were the case then we wouldn't be allowed to ban people on GGD either :huntyga:

Social media sites are private, regardless of the fact that the public can access them, and they have a right to decide what can and cannot be shared on their platform. It's not censorship.

He can say whatever he wants but Twitter and Facebook have every right to tell him "you won't be saying it from our websites".

I love to tour 🤌🏼
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Kadikaado

Mimimi mimi mimi "I am gonna sue Twitter because they banned me for spreading fake news" CENSORSHIP! Mimimi mimimi mimi!!

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.
ARTPOP
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Starlit said:

That wasn’t why he was banned, but ok. 

He literally got banned after repeatedly saying that he won the elections and was inciting his followers not to accept  the results. How is that not a recipe for a cult?

If Twitter really wanted to censor him for the reasons he is alleging, they would have done that 2016. 

Edited by Aphroditus
bionic
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Starlit said:

Look, I know the legislation around this. Whilst what you said was , in essence, correct, please don’t pretend that it is right. It is really off-putting when somebody tries to fit an over-compensated authoritarian monopoly company into a matchbox and pass it off as an every day occurrence. One day you will sorely regret your championship of censorship. Of course, we’re only censoring those you don’t agree with. 

Quote the legislation, identify the legal precedent. Educate us if you know better!

Until then :gum: 

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Thanks 2
Starlit
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

Just saying, if this were the case then we wouldn't be allowed to ban people on GGD either :huntyga:

Social media sites are private, regardless of the fact that the public can access them, and they have a right to decide what can and cannot be shared on their platform. It's not censorship.

He can say whatever he wants but Twitter and Facebook have every right to tell him "you won't be saying it from our websites".

I didn’t say these websites enable public access, I said they act as public UTILITIES. In legal ease this distinction is crucial and is 99% the reason half of the time you guys on GGD get the law wrong and end up supporting unlawful practices in the name of “yaaaas cya” it’s embarrassing. 

Starlit
6 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

Freedom of speech does not mean you are entitled to a platform to spout your free speech off of. :coffee:

Then quick, you better start identifying what qualifies and disqualifies a platform. Are you allowed a platform to spout your free speech? Or is your freedom different from someone else’s freedom? If this is the case, why?