💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Olivia Rodrigo team accused of copying indie rock band

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Olivia Rodrigo's team has been accused of taking inspiration from an independent rock band's visuals.

Twitter user @HoneyCuttBand  posted a thread sharing some striking similarities between Olivia's music visuals and the overall aesthetic of indie rock band Pom Pom Squad.

A manager at City Slang, the record label that Pom Pom Squad is signed to, noted via Twitter that one of Rodrigo's A&R members has "purportedly followed Mia [the lead singer] since early 2020 on Instagram."

source

E4na-XtWYAIMIe8?format=jpg&name=medium
E4nbRsMXIAAVn4d?format=jpg&name=large
E4nbZSbWEAkzdIm?format=jpg&name=medium
E4nbN7wWUAkfxva?format=jpg&name=largeE4nbJUPXIAgfnpb?format=jpg&name=large
E4nbEzFXEAQN_FK?format=jpg&name=medium
In another tweet, Honey pointed out how Pom Pom Squad's song "LUX," which was released in March, contains production and vocals elements that are very similar to Rodrigo's song "brutal."

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThatGagaBoobStan
2 minutes ago, Fashionofhissteven said:

That’ll Teach That Flop 

:what:

said no one ever

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡

Jill

I find it hard to believe someone took the time to stalk this band's Instagram to copy their public photos for the biggest star in the world right now thinking they wouldn't get caught. Maybe there was some kind of inspiration, but the whole grunge aesthetic is pretty famous and used by a lot of bands/artists.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, Jill said:

I find it hard to believe someone took the time to stalk this band's Instagram to copy their public photos for the biggest star in the world right now thinking they wouldn't get caught.

This literally happens all the time lol

Suspiria

Sorry but these are all EXTREMELY common tropes. High school/cheerleader/scrapbook type visuals have been done to death by everyone. A lot of these images are references to other things (Princess Diaries, Hole). The letter hairclips have been a huge mainstream trend since at least 2018. 

ProfessionalClown
3 minutes ago, Jill said:

I find it hard to believe someone took the time to stalk this band's Instagram to copy their public photos for the biggest star in the world right now thinking they wouldn't get caught. Maybe there was some kind of inspiration, but the whole grunge aesthetic is pretty famous and used by a lot of bands/artists.

I would definitely understand if it was little things but this is basically shot for shot. It’s not just the grunge aesthetic it’s the specific way everything was shot, the font, the poses, they’re basically identical. 

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Sorry but these are all EXTREMELY common tropes. High school/cheerleader/scrapbook type visuals have been done to death by everyone. A lot of these images are references to other things (Princess Diaries, Hole). The letter hairclips have been a huge mainstream trend since at least 2018. 

but cheerleader with latex gloves is not so common

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

River

no they copy this

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Jill
1 minute ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

This literally happens all the time lol

Yeah but like they said above, Olivia being a high schooler with grunge aesthetic is like nothing new. There aren't many ways one can go with these two concepts.

Jill
Just now, ProfessionalClown said:

I would definitely understand if it was little things but this is basically shot for shot. It’s not just the grunge aesthetic it’s the specific way everything was shot, the font, the poses, they’re basically identical. 

I don't really know what to think tbh. It's ridiculous if true.

Archived