💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Olivia Rodrigo team accused of copying indie rock band

Teletubby

Featured Posts

You gotta understand how else could they find any ideas? From their brains???? That's so 90s or 50s, everything is a copy, not INSPIRATION but a copy because how else can you find ideas honestly guys, it takes so much work and creativity when u can just go on instagram scroll a little bit and find something quick fast and easy for your marketing, sound, songs, and persona. I say, bravo to them and to Olivia, I wouldve had no idea, from the cursive singing and the lyrics of the songs, I just thought she had her own personnality, but it's so much smarter to copy, it's what works now. Kim K has a big ass now everyone has a big ass and a tan! It's what works, that was the best marketing strategy for 2021. Get with the times !!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RahrahWitch

If it was one of those pictures side by side I wouldn't have thought anything of it but all of them are similar, It's blatantly obvious her team copied this Artist.

I don't understand how someone with a huge backing like her wouldn't be able to have a strong team to come up with original ideas :smh:

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

This is what I hate. Every single time a big artist is (fairly) accused of stealing visuals, even when the side by side comparisons are nearly identical, people here feel the need to put down the smaller artist because…well they’re smaller artists. “Oh who cares about this band no one has seen lol they’re small therefore who cares yay chart topping artist”

tldr 

17 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

You gotta understand how else could they find any ideas? From their brains???? That's so 90s or 50s, everything is a copy, not INSPIRATION but a copy because how else can you find ideas honestly guys, it takes so much work and creativity when u can just go on instagram scroll a little bit and find something quick fast and easy for your marketing, sound, songs, and persona. I say, bravo to them and to Olivia, I wouldve had no idea, from the cursive singing and the lyrics of the songs, I just thought she had her own personnality, but it's so much smarter to copy, it's what works now. Kim K has a big ass now everyone has a big ass and a tan! It's what works, that was the best marketing strategy for 2021. Get with the times !!!

Even in 2021 u can still be original.

There is nothing wrong with being inspired by something, everyone is doing this these days.

U r talking about "trends" and this has nothing to do with trends, on this case it is full on copying.

LibraOctober98

Not that I care about either of these people, but if you pick two artists out of a hat you can find pictures where they do similar things. 

rinasawachanta
2 hours ago, Jill said:

I find it hard to believe someone took the time to stalk this band's Instagram to copy their public photos for the biggest star in the world right now thinking they wouldn't get caught. Maybe there was some kind of inspiration, but the whole grunge aesthetic is pretty famous and used by a lot of bands/artists.

*in USA (and I'm not even sure of that)

Agunimon

The is the first claim of copying in a long time that I think is 100% plagiarism and not just inspiration. So much of what was originally used for that band was used for Olivia. Not just one or two things that looked similar. Right down to the execution of them as well. Sad.

Jose P
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

tldr 

Imagine thinking that is too long to read, school must have been fun for you 

RainingOnMe
3 hours ago, Bio said:

Her whole sound is basically a mesh between Taylor, Billie and Lorde, everything about her is derivative from other artists so I'm not surprised.

What a dumb comment to make. You act like any of these artists invented their sounds. :toofunny:

RainingOnMe
1 hour ago, Gagaloo911 said:

It's what she deserves

She couldn't care less with her #1 and millions of streams while you stay mad and bitter behind a computer screen. :awkney:

Archived