Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Olivia Rodrigo team accused of copying indie rock band

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Chromatography

the high school aesthetic is so original

i forgot what it’s like to have a new pop girl steam rolling over everyone, then people come out of the woodwork to capitalize off of it (see: this indie band no one has heard about, joshua basset)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby

also this is little similar
olivia-rodrigo-responde-a-haters_1_crop116789176-295473124205175-130606120495061

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

buzzkill

I think it‘s all aspect of a specific aesthetic and universe around high school/cheerleader so i find it hard to believe it. And plus, it’s so overseen in tumblr 10’s era

Suspiria
5 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

The latex gloves, the “sour” hair clips that literally copy the other picture, the cake, using basically the same font for the same idea of the “prom queen rebel”.

those are common but these look identical to eachother. 

The hairclips have literally been done by everyone, and the picture or the clips aren't even that similar.

Dut5wZBWkAEKj3G.jpg:large

The newspaper clippings font could be a reference to a million things. The most recent mainstream example I can think of is Ari's TUN, which was in turn a reference to Mean Girls.

ariana-burn-book.png

The prom queen picture is very clearly a reference to Hole's album cover

220px-Hole-album-livethroughthis.jpg

The only one I think isn't a reach is the latex gloves.

ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

The hairclips have literally been done by everyone, and the picture or the clips aren't even that similar.

Dut5wZBWkAEKj3G.jpg:large

The newspaper clippings font could be a reference to a million things. The most recent mainstream example I can think of is Ari's TUN, which was in turn a reference to Mean Girls.

ariana-burn-book.png

The prom queen picture is very clearly a reference to Hole's album cover

220px-Hole-album-livethroughthis.jpg

The only one I think isn't a reach is the latex gloves.

The hair clips with letters spelling them out in order is not the same as what marina did.

Also the hole cover was also inspired form many other things like prom night and Carrie, the thing is they are IDENTICAL to eachother. 

Shipper

Ok so when it's compiled like this it does seem like the creative director is copying Pompom squad post by post. 

Pompom squad was in the team's vision board.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Jose P
19 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

the high school aesthetic is so original

i forgot what it’s like to have a new pop girl steam rolling over everyone, then people come out of the woodwork to capitalize off of it (see: this indie band no one has heard about, joshua basset)

This is what I hate. Every single time a big artist is (fairly) accused of stealing visuals, even when the side by side comparisons are nearly identical, people here feel the need to put down the smaller artist because…well they’re smaller artists. “Oh who cares about this band no one has seen lol they’re small therefore who cares yay chart topping artist”

NichuuB
53 minutes ago, Jill said:

biggest star in the world right now 

Election 2020 Lol GIF by Joe Biden

Property of @Whale

Jill
8 minutes ago, NicoB said:

Election 2020 Lol GIF by Joe Biden

Honestly, it's not a reach to say that. There are no current eras as big as Sour. Argue about the reason for it all you want, but Olivia is right now one of the most well-known pop stars around. Instead of laughing about the possibility, at least rejoice in the fact pop is still dominating.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

NichuuB

Honestly, this is no way a reach. And if  PPS was on Olivia's team's moodboard, why didnt they acknowledge it, at least give credits to them. Also that's the first time i heard this band, but i can already say that lux and brutal are literally too similar (and i liked Lux better even though i like brutal) 

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
1 minute ago, Jill said:

Honestly, it's not a reach to say that. There are no current eras as big as Sour. Argue about the reason for it all you want, but Olivia is right now one of the most well-known pop stars around. Instead of laughing about the possibility, at least rejoice in the fact pop is still dominating.

Yeah you're right, i didnt like sour that much, some musics are cool but the fact that every single of them have the same theme makes me annoyed and bored. But you have a point, she might not be one artist that i really like but she is being responsible for bringing back not only pop but also rock. Still, i would say that the biggest at the moment is doja

Property of @Whale

Chlorine Sevigny

I knew I smelled a rat. :neyde:

Ordinarily I’d say these are common teen angsty type visuals but it’s the entire shoot y’all.

I hope she enjoys the slammer. Maybe she’ll get some fresh inspiration there. :coffee:

NichuuB
Just now, PussPuss said:

I knew I smelled a rat. :neyde:

well, disney is behind her career, it might've been mickey's smell:ally:

Property of @Whale

People denying this is copying are just being delulu.

Pretty shocking tbh, it looks like they didn't even tried to hide it.

Sneaky Oliver

It’s kind of a generic visual maybe except for the latex gloves 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived