Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I hate when Gaga does this

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

So I was watching this performance of Lush Life at Gaga's Vegas show. Everything was going fine until this one particular line, "Oh yes, I was wrong", and I was reminded of just how much I hate it when Gaga switches to this particular style in the middle of a song.

"oHh yEesS I wAaz wrRONg....ugh-GaaAin" 

tenor.gif

Gaga has done many things in her career; most things I love, and others I either feel neutral about or don't particularly vibe with. But this is probably the one thing Gaga does on a fairly regular basis, this "playful/naughty" jazz accent, that I absolutely can't stand. It has nothing to do with vocal talent or ability; it is just a totally unnecessary vocal flourish that makes my skin crawl. Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

5e99e674b3b09274ae069d57?width=1200&format=jpeg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

Omg yes nnnn. I'm glad you said it and not me so you get all the flamebait WPs :poot:

chaeri pls

LilyLark

LOL it doesn't bother me but I sort of understand what you mean...there are certain vocal flourishes/tricks that I find puzzling, too, and they take me out of a performance/song.

PunkTheFunk
Just now, littlepotter said:

Omg yes nnnn. I'm glad you said it and not me so you get all the flamebait WPs :poot:

I'm ready to take one for the team in order to shed some light on this pressing issue

Chromatica Island

'k

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

4:14 :ladyhaha:

This one was actually not that bad to me, but the "I'll live a lush life" that comes right after it is a different story :bear:

Again, I am NOT ragging on Gaga's vocals. We all know she can sing the house down boots Mama yes gawd. I am just a little troubled by this particular thing she does with her voice, and hoping we can make sense of it as a community going forward.

Chromatica Island

It's not that bad lmao

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

GreenDiamond

agree, and that song is so emotional and heavy and she goes all NOSE over it

Mother of Puppies

you're not alone... one of the very few things (if not the only thing) I don't like at all either... :bradley:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Archived