💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I hate when Gaga does this

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Have to agree. I've maintained that Gaga is usually at her best on record because she really fine-tunes the delivery and it's more nuanced and dynamic.

When it's live, especially if it's a song that she's performed many, many times, she starts to do these weird improvs with it, I guess to amuse herself more than anything. Gaga is at best when the vocals are kept simple.

For example, Super Bowl national anthem >>>>>>>>>>> inauguration national anthem.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Have to agree. I've maintained that Gaga is usually at her best on record because she really fine-tunes the delivery and it's more nuanced and dynamic.

When it's live, especially if it's a song that she's performed many, many times, she starts to do these weird improvs with it, I guess to amuse herself more than anything. Gaga is at best when the vocals are kept simple.

For example, Super Bowl national anthem >>>>>>>>>>> inauguration national anthem.

Different strokes for different folks, but most of my fav Gaga vocals would be live performances. I agree that SB was better than inauguration, but I don't think that was down to keeping it simple. I think she was just singing better in 2016, plus it was freezing at the inauguration and she was afraid someone was going to take a potshot at her.

Reality

It's kind of ironic because that's the exact opposite of her "Dope vocals," which a lot of people also hate :sweat: 

She doesn't have that nasally quality too often though. I don't recall a time where it was that prominent.

🃏🖤👹

flyaway

She should sing Bad Romance like that...

The climax: "I don't wanna be friends, want your bad"...*Stops, stares at the audience and tells them*: "Am I messy for wanting to hang out with only bad guys, I can't be the only one to have a bad"  (Resumes)

ROMAAAANCE :bear:

Nathaniel Arven
4 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Yes but why am I tagged :cryga:

for what you said about someone being muted and fuming.... I took it for myself.. But I know It was not. 

CautiousLurker
6 hours ago, littlepotter said:

The way I K N E W  a certain muted member was going to come here and fume and I wasn't wrong :billie:

4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I wonder if we're thinking of the same member :ladyhaha:

Whom? :oprah:
Just put it in the spoiler, absolutely nobody will see it :huntyga:

Btw, is it wrong than I'm hoping you two are thinking of different members :vegas:

GagaSine
3 hours ago, Reality said:

It's kind of ironic because that's the exact opposite of her "Dope vocals," which a lot of people also hate :sweat: 

She doesn't have that nasally quality too often though. I don't recall a time where it was that prominent.

Before I watched the clip OP included I thought the post was about those overly darkened vocals that she does sometimes. I like Dope but when she does those vocals on other songs I find it just sounds ugly and out of place. It works on Dope but not elsewhere.

BlingNotTheMusic

People wouldn't think because she's a huge superstar known all over the world, but her real fans know she does some pretty cringey stuff on stage, like often. :haroon: I still love her for it tho

Reality
3 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Before I watched the clip OP included I thought the post was about those overly darkened vocals that she does sometimes. I like Dope but when she does those vocals on other songs I find it just sounds ugly and out of place. It works on Dope but not elsewhere.

I love it :sweat: 

🃏🖤👹

littlepotter
27 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Whom? :oprah:
Just put it in the spoiler, absolutely nobody will see it :huntyga:

Btw, is it wrong than I'm hoping you two are thinking of different members :vegas:

Don't worry we agreed :chica:

chaeri pls

GagaSine
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I love it :sweat: 

I think it works really well in certain contexts, but for example I am already not the biggest fan of Bad Romance but when she sings it with those very darkened vocals it becomes borderline unlistenable to me. I get her voice is not as high as it used to be but it just sounds awful to me lol. I'm not really into pop music usually so it's not that I always want to hear pretty vocals and I get it thematically fits the song, but it's too much for me.

Reality
14 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I think it works really well in certain contexts, but for example I am already not the biggest fan of Bad Romance but when she sings it with those very darkened vocals it becomes borderline unlistenable to me. I get her voice is not as high as it used to be but it just sounds awful to me lol. I'm not really into pop music usually so it's not that I always want to hear pretty vocals and I get it thematically fits the song, but it's too much for me.

I do think it works better acoustically. Whenever she sings live with her darker vocals in more upbeat songs, it can be a little weird. 

🃏🖤👹

PunkTheFunk
12 hours ago, TAIPEI said:

agree. i hate every moment when she singing jazz so…:trollga:

Archived