Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Scooter Braun admits regret over bitter Taylor Swift feud

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Runway
1 minute ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

not wanting to negotiate with someone that stole her work?

Stealing is taking something without paying for it. This is not what this is :laughga:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t Taylor say Scooter offered to sell her catalogue back but wanted to make her sign an NDA saying she could never speak badly of him ever again? I would not accept those terms either.

MaybeKermit

Wait, so he manages Justin, Ariana AND Demi?

How is that possible?

I cant imagina Bobby managing 3 people at once, or does he?? :wtfga:

DanielM

I just think the internet underestimates the work of the background's teams. Nobody born a popstar, you need management, people who understand the business. I don't fully understand the story between these two, but I don't like this narrative of musicians like Taylor or Kanye saying "oh, they're stealing from us, we are the creators and all the money we make should be ours". I don't think that's necessarily true. 

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Wait, so he manages Justin, Ariana AND Demi?

How is that possible?

I cant imagina Bobby managing 3 people at once, or does he?? :wtfga:

and J Balvin, Tori Kelly and others 
https://scooterbraun.com/music

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Jill
2 minutes ago, DanielM said:

I just think the internet underestimates the work of the background's teams. Nobody born a popstar, you need management, people who understand the business. I don't fully understand the story between these two, but I don't like this narrative of musicians like Taylor or Kanye saying "oh, they're stealing from us, we are the creators and all the money we make should be ours". I don't think that's necessarily true. 

There's a million managers that can do as good of a job as Scooter does. On the other hand, there's only one Taylor Swift. The artist is the one doing the majority of the work that makes the manager's position even possible. I wouldn't call those two "equal".

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

HuffsAhoy
16 minutes ago, InTraumatica said:

So when you are a female it means you can be a bad person? She knew what she signed up for. 

If this was Gaga you'd be singing a different tune :lolly:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

BornAsUnic0rn
8 minutes ago, InTraumatica said:

So when you are a female it means you can be a bad person? She knew what she signed up for. 

She was 15 when she first signed that deal. Come on. 

js4754394o9823
15 minutes ago, InTraumatica said:

I feel sorry for him. Taylor really seems to be a psychopath who ends other people when she wants to. 

lmao, what are you talking about

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

She was 15 when she first signed that deal. Come on. 

where were her parents?

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Thomas P
11 minutes ago, DanielM said:

This has become a lot more than just making money back (cause quite frankly, Taylor is spending more money re-recording than the value they sold her old discography for). 

It’s become a matter of reworking the way the recording industry works. The way she’s hoping to get things to function (and her current deal with her new label) is that the artist will be the owner of their music. End of story. Any commercial, movie, etc. that wants to use their music must go through them first.

The record label will still have a lot of power, however. They fund promotion, touring, etc. But in this new scenario, the label will be getting payed by the artist in almost like a “rental” sort of fashion for their hard work. Rather than the label making their money back from the artist’s music, they make their money back from the artist paying them themselves. 

I kind of explained this in a bit of a confusing way, but all in all I really like this new model. The artist is the holder of power with their music but the record labels are still making a lot of money, just without being able to call the shots on their artist’s behalf. 

EDIT: I just quoted you because I wanted to partly respond to your post, partly respond to the thread as a whole with what is going on.

It takes an artist of Taylor’s caliber to execute something like this that can have real tangible repercussions in the industry.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived