Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was GUY (An ARTPOP Film) a surprise?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

ShayCristoforo

I can't recall / wasn't as active on GGD during this time...

Did we know much about it, ahead of time? 
Was info leaked (like the Stupid Love photos)?

Or was it a surprise announcement/ release? Hard to imagine it was kept secret, considering the huge project. 

An aside: remember the Rain On Me video rumors about Ari and Gaga + healing waters in a cave? lmao 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

We knew quite a lot about it, there were several pictures leaked from the Hearst Castle and some of the looks

Stephen

She officially announced it during her SXSW interview, about a week before it premiered.

Galvon

I remember we knew about a new video being filmed at the time and we knew the location, but we didn't know for sure which song it was going to be for. We thought is was either going to be for Venus or GUY or annother song, eventually it was confirmed I think (I don't remember). I think when it was released and I first watched the first time was when I first knew it was GUY and 3 other songs.

Noir

We knew the location and that it was a big scale projects, due to other locations being used alongside The Castle. 

We knew it would be a long video, I think and that Gaga was taking creative control. 

HausOfAntonio

I surely didn’t expect her to release the best piece of visual media ever created so it was definitely a surprise :ohwell:

John Wayne was.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

FATCAT

I remember these leaked and we were SHOOK by the all-white set, these solidified that something was being filmed and it was a MV. It was very Bad Romance.

tumblr-n0pvko-E0-Wl1sx8r52o1-500.jpg

tumblr-n0pxl8-Yo-Ur1sx8r52o1-400.jpg

Purr more, hiss less.

Anderson123

I remember one of the first pictures that leaked was a storyboard with the words "video" on it and Gaga covering it with post its. That's when we knew something was coming but didn't know what song for. There were rumors about it being Gypsy, Venus, GUY and even Aura, Sex Dreams and ARTPOP.

Alfonso

Like others said, we didn't know which song was going to get a video, but we knew she was filming one thanks to the news reports and leaked photos..

I also remember everyone was surprised when it was released and had 3 songs 

ShayCristoforo
7 hours ago, FATCAT said:

I remember these leaked and we were SHOOK by the all-white set, these solidified that something was being filmed and it was a MV. It was very Bad Romance.

tumblr-n0pvko-E0-Wl1sx8r52o1-500.jpg

tumblr-n0pxl8-Yo-Ur1sx8r52o1-400.jpg

Based on these images, everyone must’ve been thinking Venus solely, because of the statues and white and flowers 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Phlop
25 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Based on these images, everyone must’ve been thinking Venus solely, because of the statues and white and flowers 

Wish it was a Venus video instead. The visuals would work for it too (except the last scenes).

BYE

FATCAT
15 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I think most people thought that for the sum of money she paid to have it shot there at all, it was more realistic that we were getting multiple videos. It ended up just being one long one, but this definitely didn't narrow it down.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived