šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Lady Gaga: The Power of Unlearning with Bernice King

chromatic puzea

Featured Posts

Mister G

When she spoke out about how she thought she knew so much about equality in the LGBTQ+ community, and that the reality for so long is that itā€™s calibrated in whiteness, and then equating white supremacy to the zero sum theory and how someone with white rage thinks a person of color winning is a loss for themā€¦this entire conversation was so good and Iā€™m glad I watched it.Ā 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

I missed it:messga:

Any/All Pronouns, GenderfluidšŸ³ā€āš§

ZiggyZiggs
22 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I mean it's a very personal thing, you would have to ask her. A really powerful realization for me was that the concept of "whiteness" is a construct (for example throughoutĀ history Irish, Polish, Italian people have notĀ been considered white at one point or another), it is not a concrete or biological category. This made me take criticism/jokes about "white people" not personally, and understand it was a critic of the system that uphold whiteness and not just something targeting people who happen to be considered white.

Sorry if that is a bad explanation, but it was something that allowed me to be much more dedicated to anti racism, letting go of my whiteness and having no loyalty toĀ it.Ā 

love thisĀ :heart:

C1trus

I'm glad I'm stanning an intelligent, talented woman.

Ā 

Ī¹'Š¼ ĻĻ…ā„“ā„“Ī¹Ī·g ŅÆĻƒĻ…я sтяĪ¹Ī·gs

spector

sheā€™s so articulate, informed, and bright. she radiates intelligence. i stan her for a reason. academic kween made me speechless. so proud of her, cannot tell you.Ā :nooo:

stella + elliot = stelliot

Killa

Omg how long is that interview, i dont have time now. I was skipping through the clip to search for her ahhh didnt recognize her. Looks amazing in green

Does anyone have timestamp for special segment

1 hour ago, Killa said:

Omg how long is that interview, i dont have time now. I was skipping through the clip to search for her ahhh didnt recognize her. Looks amazing in green

Does anyone have timestamp for special segment

The whole thing is about an hour long. I'm about halfway through and honestly the entire thing will be worth watching. It's an excellent conversation and deeply reflective about her personal growth and gives perspective about what's been going through her mind this past year. It deserves our full attentionĀ :hug:

Just watching now and this is so powerful! Iā€™m so proud of her! She really talked about white power with no filter but at the same time no judgement.Ā Why does this thread only has 3 pages? GGD should really be watching this.

HuffsAhoy

I cant wait to watch this when I get back from the lake tomorrow. I've been eagerly awaiting this for a while!!Ā 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Not The Real Gaga
19 hours ago, G U C C I said:

As a white female I took that comment as more of a realizationĀ that since your white you can have advantages that others donā€™t and to see your identity in those terms and not just as a white American it can change how you view the world around you.Ā 

Ā 

19 hours ago, GagaSine said:

I mean it's a very personal thing, you would have to ask her. A really powerful realization for me was that the concept of "whiteness" is a construct (for example throughoutĀ history Irish, Polish, Italian people have notĀ been considered white at one point or another), it is not a concrete or biological category. This made me take criticism/jokes about "white people" not personally, and understand it was a critic of the system that uphold whiteness and not just something targeting people who happen to be considered white.

Sorry if that is a bad explanation, but it was something that allowed me to be much more dedicated to anti racism, letting go of my whiteness and having no loyalty toĀ it.Ā 

Ā 

Thank you both for taking your time to explain this to me. That's very kindĀ :heart:

I will probably need some time to fully get my head around the concept. But if I'm correct that it comes down to "whiteness as a system", I think I know where to start.Ā 

Jester
31 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Gaga isnā€™t really white though, she looks it but isnā€™t 100%

:bear:

Where did you get that piece of information?Ā 

Archived