💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

British singer slammed for identifying as Korean after surgeries

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny
11 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Gender is a socially constructed concept. The one you’re assigned with at birth and may change it for a big variety of reasons. Race or nationality (I don’t think Korean is a…race?) has nothing to do with the way you feel or want to be seen. It’s something genetic. It’s a very dangerous idea you’re stating since racism is a very violent tool against certain people, they might consider the option of identifying with another race to escape it 

If gender is a socially constructed concept, how can a person intrinsically feel like a different gender than the one they were assigned at birth? Does trans ness not support a gender binary? 

Likewise with ethnicity and/or race. Yes, you are born with your ancestral heritage. But race is also a socially constructed concept, there is only one human race and the definitions of what the “races” are have changed over time. So apart from the sociopolitical implications, I still don’t see a difference. However I do acknowledge those implications and understand why people argue there is a difference. I just don’t see it.

PartySick
18 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

If gender is a socially constructed concept, how can a person intrinsically feel like a different gender than the one they were assigned at birth?

The way I've always seen it is those feelings arise after the respective gender norms are established in a person's mind. Then they define their identity with the norms as a reference point.

🖤

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, Reginald said:

ndIXuSmV_400x400.jpg

"Korean?" This picture looks like Jaclyn Hill in a pink wig :awkney:

He looks like a lineup of Jeffree Stars friends...and yeah nobody is gonna accept he is Korean...this is so racist like...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Craven Moorecox
21 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

I’ll probably get roasted for this but I truly do not see a difference with identifying as a different “race” or identifying as a different gender. 

If you are a white man assigned at birth and can “feel” like a woman (what does that even mean?) why can they not “feel” black (what does that even mean?) If we respect how trans people identify why not people who identify with a different race. 

Being a black person in the US shaped my view and understanding of the world. To me it’s kinda insensitive to a culture for someone to be “trans-racial” when they are only obsessed with the trendy/good things that comes with the race. 

The main issue that should be tackled is the self hate, idolization, and objectification that people who want to change races have. 

JazzGa

Creepy, objectifying, and posessive.  If I was Jimin's manager/security I'd consider him a future threat just waiting for his opportunity.  It makes me think celebrities should be able to enact a "fan restraining order" where certain stalker fans aren't allowed to consume any more Jimin-content or post about them online. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Chlorine Sevigny
1 minute ago, Craven Moorecox said:

Being a black person in the US shaped my view and understanding of the world. To me it’s kinda insensitive to a culture for someone to be “trans-racial” when they are only obsessed with the trendy/good things that comes with the race. 

The main issue that should be tackled is the self hate, idolization, and objectification that people who want to change races have. 

Yes, this I understand. 

But along those same lines, a woman’s experience is vastly different from a man’s. So for a person whose experience has been shaped with male privilege, what does it mean to “feel” like a woman? I guess I’m trying to reconcile that in my own head and what makes that discussion different than the race discussion.

I also appreciate the responses. I was expecting really harsh replies and I appreciate people taking time to talk about it. 

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, PussPuss said:

If gender is a socially constructed concept, how can a person intrinsically feel like a different gender than the one they were assigned at birth? Does trans ness not support a gender binary? 

Likewise with ethnicity and/or race. Yes, you are born with your ancestral heritage. But race is also a socially constructed concept, there is only one human race and the definitions of what the “races” are have changed over time. So apart from the sociopolitical implications, I still don’t see a difference. However I do acknowledge those implications and understand why people argue there is a difference. I just don’t see it.

You don’t have to stick with whatever you were assigned at birth. It’s not really known why some people shift in the gender spectrum. It’s more like a psychological thing if you ask me. Imagine a white person starts  identifying as black. The “races” have some specific characteristics which define who you are. 

Also, as I stated in my previous comment, race is such a stigma in our society and there’s a lot of violence around it so “identifying with another race” would be a very easy way to erase many races. Many governments have considered black people as mixed or native people as white or mixed and it’s a serious case of race erasure that actually had happened before and still does everyday. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

RAMROD

That is not how it works, Olly! Have you got no shame?! :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Sneaky Oliver
46 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

But along those same lines, a woman’s experience is vastly different from a man’s. So for a person whose experience has been shaped with male privilege, what does it mean to “feel” like a woman? I guess I’m trying to reconcile that in my own head and what makes that discussion different than the race discussion.

Sorry to put it that way but your comment sounds a lot like a transphobic speech. I’m glad you’re open to discussing it. Some people are born with male genitalia but don’t feel like the “male” gender. Being a man implies a lot more than owning the male genitalia because the idea of being male or female comes with a lot of previously established ideas about what a male is supposed to be. This is what I meant for “socially constructed concept” because this idea changes accordingly to the historical moment or different cultures. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Craven Moorecox
56 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

Yes, this I understand. 

I also appreciate the responses. I was expecting really harsh replies and I appreciate people taking time to talk about it. 

As a drag queen, when I am in full make up I feel like “the woman I want to be, and not society’s definition of a woman”. All women aren’t the same, and are treated and values differently throughout the world. Some work, some take care of family, some are lesbians, and some are global pop superstars. They have different cultures, backgrounds, and other factors that makes them who they are. Trans women have their own personal idea of the woman that will be once they transition. 

In regards to trans-racial, you technically are doing the opposite for that race. Instead of liberating them, you are reduce them to stereotypes. Promoting those stereotypes and changing your genetic features and behavior to reinforce those stereotypes does more harm than good. The singer isn’t trying to be his own type of “Korean”, he is just trying to be a caricature of Korean culture. His extreme unhealthy obsession with Jimin (Who is a real person and not an object that can be owned) is an example of the objectification and fetishization many minority groups face by white people. 

Craven Moorecox
4 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

@Craven Moorecox gurl it’s been a while since I last saw you here on GGD! You’re amazing! :hor:

Hahaha! I am always lurking! Just been busy with performing and personal life. :fatcat:

Okinawa
On 6/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, PussPuss said:

You are right.

SneakyOliver Argumentation makes no sense

if gender is socially constructed, so is race and national identity

Easy exemple: if you are living in French-speaking Québec you are legally Canadian, but the people there often don't feel Candian like the Anglo-Canadians and some may identify as an own nation. However, this can eausily chang,e for example hwen osmeone moves form Québec to Vancouver or so. Same logics apply to gender

there cannot be logical exemptions

~We are Reel Cool~

Archived