roy.jpg

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

js4754394o9823

After reading the comments here I was expecting something new

Not a basic, same old pop song

But good 4 him I guess

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

weed

the CGI bodies are sooo wild lmao that's all I can focus on, they're flipping and flopping and doing whatever

Jase

Wow, he really did just take the Weeknd's 80s aesthetic and just about every single Spotify-friendly radio hit and condense it into one song didn't he? (with a bit of Bronski Beat in there for good measure!) 

Not that I was expecting anything less from him. He has the formula down to a tee and this will obviously be a massive hit in the summer, a few more scattered through the year followed by some treacly ballad in time for Christmas. I mean it works for him so fair play for knowing exactly how to play the industry, but I find it very hard to invest in the music of anyone so bereft of any innovation.

StrawberryBlond

I was expecting a very similar sound and aesthetic to The Weeknd but not this close. This actually feels like borderline plagiarism, from the suit to the song to the somewhat edgy music video (I'm starting to sound like Natalia Kills here!) and I'm surprised his team thought it was a good idea when The Weeknd is basically still promoting an extremely similar look and feel. Even if it does end up as a hit, which it's basically engineered to do what with all the promo that's planned for it (which doesn't make it a true hit in the organic sense), it'll be tainted by this. The song isn't actually that bad, I like it a lot better than Shape Of You but it's still generic as they come and actually sounds more like an autumn song and the video would have been much better suited around Halloween. Ed trying to be edgy just doesn't come off right, it's like costuming. The Weeknd just needs to stand there in a suit and shades and he looks cool whereas Ed needs claws, fangs and eye glitter to look remotely imposing and he still fails.

JohnWayne92

This song is a bop. Seems like you guys just need something to bitch about. 

12 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I was expecting a very similar sound and aesthetic to The Weeknd but not this close. This actually feels like borderline plagiarism, from the suit to the song to the somewhat edgy music video (I'm starting to sound like Natalia Kills here!) and I'm surprised his team thought it was a good idea when The Weeknd is basically still promoting an extremely similar look and feel. Even if it does end up as a hit, which it's basically engineered to do what with all the promo that's planned for it (which doesn't make it a true hit in the organic sense), it'll be tainted by this. The song isn't actually that bad, I like it a lot better than Shape Of You but it's still generic as they come and actually sounds more like an autumn song and the video would have been much better suited around Halloween. Ed trying to be edgy just doesn't come off right, it's like costuming. The Weeknd just needs to stand there in a suit and shades and he looks cool whereas Ed needs claws, fangs and eye glitter to look remotely imposing and he still fails.

This sums it up

Squidward T

This is blatant plagiarism of September, unless he got permission to sample the song 

Jase

Debuts at #02 on Spotify UK

Ed's label pushed the song back two weeks because Olivia's numbers were so big, but she's still blocking him. Insane.

Archived