💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

lgbt

Vatican protests against anti-homophobia laws

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The Vatican confirmed Tuesday it had lodged a diplomatic protest against a draft Italian law against homophobia, in what a news report called an "unprecedented" act of meddling in Italy's affairs.

The so-called Zan law, currently being debated in Italy's parliament, seeks to punish acts of discrimination and incitement to violence against gay, lesbian, transgender and disabled people
The Italian bill states that schools and other public bodies should organise "ceremonies, meetings and any other appropriate activity" for the anti-homophobia day.

According to the Corriere della Sera newspaper, the Vatican argued in a letter, or "note verbale", that the bill violates the Concordat, the bilateral treaty between Rome and the Holy See, by curtailing Catholic freedom of belief and expression.

Specifically, the Vatican's letter objected to Catholic schools not being exempted from a proposed national day against homophobia, lesbophobia and transphobia, to be held on May 17.

It also expressed concern that because of the Zan law, Catholics could in the future face legal action for expressing their opinions on LGBTI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex) issues, Corriere said.

source

• LMAO 8
  • Sad 1
Nao tem
16 minutes ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

Catholics could in the future face legal action for expressing their opinions on LGBTI

But could they leave their opinions on LGBTQIA+ to themselves?

• Like 6
Living

Meh, they are on the way out anyway. You can see yearly with statistics their global reach and influence is shrinking at a rapid rate. This continued hate will make it fall faster. 

on the same note, why are they not worried about the rampant pedophilia the church is built on I wonder? 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2
Pharamon

by curtailing Catholic freedom of belief and expression.

EXCUSE ME? - so in other words hating the LGBTs+ and inciting hate on them is 'freedom of belief' and 'expression' 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Nao tem
2 minutes ago, Living said:

on the same note, why are they not worried about the rampant pedophilia the church is built on I wonder? 

What if it doesn't violate Catholic freedom of expression?

alsemanche

So basically they want to be able to be homophobic and discriminate against queer people without repercussions... Groundbreaking opposition coming from one of the most corrupt religious institutions lmao.

I guess the pope is only  fine with queerness when it doesn't interfere with his and his church's "freedom" to be queerphobic? 

25 minutes ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

Specifically, the Vatican's letter objected to Catholic schools not being exempted from a proposed national day against homophobia, lesbophobia and transphobia, to be held on May 17.

If anything it should be enforced in Catholic schools before anywhere else :huntyga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
xlx

"protests against anti-homophobia laws"

That's so many negatives, I'm still trying to figure out what they are against :emma:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 4
FFXIV WhiteMage

The ARTPOP era of religions is nigh :koons:

Edited by FFXIV WhiteMage
  • LMAO 1
littlepotter
9 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

The ARTPOP era of religions is nigh :koons:

Jesus 6 years later: "I don't remember Christianity" 

mercurial era
weed

can parents stone their children? or non-married people having sex? but that's encroaching on their Catholic rights???

VoidTwo

Basically it's Salem all over again. They make me ashamed of living in the same country at times. 

RichAssPiss

It's like they've never even read the New Testament. Find a place where Jesus condemned queer people. Or advocated for discrimination of anyone. It doesn't exist. I don't believe in any of it. But also, what even is their doctrine at this point? Because they are so far from what their scriptures say. 

FATCAT
34 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

by curtailing Catholic freedom of belief and expression.

EXCUSE ME? - so in other words hating the LGBTs+ and inciting hate on them is 'freedom of belief' and 'expression' 

That's been the norm for conservatives in America for decades, these people are transparent af

Purr more, hiss less.