💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"?

Biagio2103

Featured Posts

Biagio2103

So as we already know, Born This Way The Tenth Anniversary is just three days away from being released, and we've already heard four of the six reimagined songs. But there is something I'm unable to understand yet.

Out of the six chosen songs for the reissue, five were the official singles for the album (BTW, Judas, TEOG, Y&I and MTN). But why, out of all the remaining twelve tracks of the album, did Gaga choose "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"? :huh:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the song, but it just feels like the least right choice. Let's break it down; we have "Hair", which was released as a promo single and Gaga performed several times on live television while promoting the album. Then we have "Scheiße", one of the highlights of the album, which Gaga recently performed on Coachella, JWT and Enigma. We also have "Bloody Mary", another highlight of the album, also performed on JWT and recently went viral on TikTok. Other tracks like "Government Hooker", "Americano" and "Black Jesus † Amen Fashion" are considered fan-favourites and could potentially have a certain narrative concerning US politic situation, Latin community or BLM movement. Let's say "Heavy Metal Lover", "Electric Chapel" and "Bad Kids" could've been used to attach some big rock star (however, "Bad Kids" was used for Haus Labs, so it makes sense it wasn't chosen). Same goes for "Fashion of His Love" and "The Queen", that could've been covered by a disco queen from the 80s (I'm thinking maybe Gloria Gaynor and Diana Ross).

That leaves us with only ONE song, the one song that was chosen to be the sixth reimagined; "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)". I can't think of anything that would possibly make Gaga choose this one over the other eleven tracks. Maybe because it references an unicorn? was it because it served as the opening on the Born This Way Ball? :oprah:

I'm only good at being bad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

Good question, but I don't know the answer. Maybe it means a lot to her, more than the other songs. We won't never know

Bottom

Maybe the person they asked to reimagine a song chose that because it was their favourite? It is one of my favourite on the album so it wouldn't surprise me

Why not?

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Biagio2103
1 minute ago, Bottom said:

Maybe the person they asked to reimagine a song chose that because it was their favourite? It is one of my favourite on the album so it wouldn't surprise me

Could be, but Olly Alexander (from Years & Years) said that Gaga personally asked him to remake TEOG, so I don't think it was up to them to choose which song to cover.

I'm only good at being bad

lilboyblue

My hope is that they are actually planning a mini-era for it, with promotions and stuff, and they chose HU because it's something that hasn't been promoted before. So it would still sound fresh for some people. But a lot of this is just clown theory.

Maybe Gaga just likes it so much. Anyway, I personally like this song a lot, so I'm excited.

Roseblud Kisses

She opened the BTW Ball with it so it's clearly a very significant song to the message of the album.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Phlop

Gaga seems to love that song and it’s kinda a central theme to the album (road to love, confidence, acceptance). It ties in the fantasy (unicorn) and reality (highway) that she kept talking about. 

It’s a shame the fans generally don’t like it, cuz it’s up there with some of her best songs. The intro and outro alone.

I think it’s one of her faves since she originally wanted to call the BTWB the “Road to Love tour”. Pretty sure when she said she wanted 9 singles from BTW, this was one of them.

BYE

A MESS

because it is a bop.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Serial Chiller

It's literally called "Unicorn" and you have to ask this question. :laughga:

LastNight

I think it's one of the tracks on the album that most fits in with Pride month, it definitely has themes of protest/fighting for equal rights in the lyrics

Meta Mart

It's called that because it made sense.

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

A Scheiße cover by Rammstein would have slayed.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Archived