Why "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"?

Biagio2103

Featured Posts

js4754394o9823

She made the album while being on tour

In the booklet, at the end where she thanks everybody

The first lines are

"I would like to thank The Road, The Highway and the wind in my Hair"

She also said that the song was "about herself, traveling on the road with nothing but a dream"

So it's important to her

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angelina Stefania

Because of the whole Unicorn thing. Duh. Gaga explained the song and why the unicorn is her Favorite mythical creature. The symbolism of the unicorn is what's important in the song choice. 

Anderson123

I think it fits the Pride theme and it's not a hard song to "cover". I just can't imagine any other artist singing Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Government Hooker, Americano or Bloody Mary. Little Managers already complain about the reimagined singles, can't imagine the album cuts I just mentioned.

Alfonso

I don't know, but I do think that they missed an opportunity by not doing the whole album

HuffsAhoy

Because its one of the best on the album 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Dr Fudge
10 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I think it fits the Pride theme and it's not a hard song to "cover". I just can't imagine any other artist singing Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Government Hooker, Americano or Bloody Mary. Little Managers already complain about the reimagined singles, can't imagine the album cuts I just mentioned.

While I agree that HU would be an easier song to cover compared to many of the other more eclectic tastes of the album, I think Hair could have had a really cool reimagination too! I imagine a strong  black queer female artist doing the song justice as a way of speaking against natural hair discrimination in the workplace.  

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Anderson123
1 minute ago, FudgeyBear said:

While I agree that HU would be an easier song to cover compared to many of the other more eclectic tastes of the album, I think Hair could have had a really cool reimagination too! I imagine a strong  black queer female artist doing the song justice as a way of speaking against natural hair discrimination in the workplace.  

Hmm that's true. I'm actually surprised they didn't do one for Hair which is one of the most important songs on the album. I'm not really familiar with some of the artists featured on it other than Kylie but I think Cher would've been a great choice as well. Whether the studio version or a piano ballad, she'd have killed it.

littlepotter

Once you see the artist it's going to make a bit more sense ;)

chaeri pls

KindnessPunk

Could be that the other songs u mentioned are so meaningful to her that maybe she didn’t want someone else doing a cover? Like “Hair” would be one she’d want to keep between herself and the fans :unicorn:

bpmMonkey

Maybe it wasn’t her choice in the sense that she knew which artists she wanted but let them choose what song they wanna cover. Somebody said highway unicorn, she probably laughed and said „lol why not“

I can see Cher covering Highway Unicorn and completely hitting it out the ballpark. I don’t think her name fits into the spot though, so it’s probably not her. 

Pink Narcissus
38 minutes ago, lg5 said:

I can see Cher covering Highway Unicorn and completely hitting it out the ballpark. I don’t think her name fits into the spot though, so it’s probably not her. 

Omg you’re so right she would kill it

As Long As You Pay Me…

lilboyblue
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Who is it?? Drop some hints!

Dr Fudge
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

An actual unicorn singing Highway Unicorn confirmedt! 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

MonsterARTPOP

Idk but u'd be asking the same question if she chose any other album track

Archived