Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill
5 minutes ago, Bio said:

If she really cared she wouldn't have released any physical media but ok

Physical media such as vinyls can be manufactured so they can later be recycled. Also, to expect her being capable of not releasing any physical media given she has a label backing her is pretty naive.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

JusKeepBreathin

Nevermind.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

username9384747

She doesn’t want to make something that’s going to end up in a landfill in a couple years? Well, I give her credit for at least being aware. Here’s an idea: don’t make something that’s landfill material?

Meta Mart

Along with my siblings and parents we have CD's that have been kept for virtually the entirety of my life. They can get damaged just like a vinyl but you learn to look after them. As someone who actually just recently started buying more CD's again, I think it's dumb to call them bad. Why would they be in landfill in 2 years?? Are you seriously saying that your music is so bad it would be thrown away? I can understand someone wanting in their overall trajectory to not contribute to plastic mess in the world, if she thinks say people 100 years from now won't regard a CD of hers as worthwhile, but oh well, that's her choice to make.

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

ARTPOP
9 hours ago, ororo munroe said:

I can't with people criticizing everyone who tries to do something better for environment

Like, yeah, she still produces some things, but what's wrong with trying? I'm not using plastic bottles as much as i can, but sometimes I buy plastic stuff, so does it mean that I should just stop doing slightly better eco friendly stuff or what?  

They don’t care about any issue other than being Gay :bear: They think the world revolves around their wants 

COME ON GAYS!!

js4754394o9823
2 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

CDs can hold more data and are capable of more dynamic range. Also, you’re confusing data compression with dynamic range compression. CDs use the FLAC format, which is lossless and does not compress. However, CDs are capable of using more dynamic range compression without sacrificing quality, unlike vinyl which will actually screw up the grooves. Vinyl showcases plenty of dynamics but can’t use too much compression, which doesn’t work well for dance music. CDs are better for dance music than vinyl because they can handle more compression (therefore making it sound punchier and more intense) without sacrificing quality and detail so long as you don’t overuse it. Thankfully, Lorde isn’t dance music so this isn’t an issue.

Okay

This is some real missinformation

CDs do not use FLAC, but .cda

CDs can be converted* to .flac

The best quality you can get from a normal CD is 44.1 KHz/16 bit

HiRes files can give you 96 kHz/24 bit, or 44.1 KHz/16 bit just like CDs

So HiRes can have way more dynamic range, or be just the same

+Idk what are you reading, because you said "quick google search" and all it that takes to know that HiRes is better is to ask:

Screenshot-20210622-082417-Chrome.jpg

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Dominic

She should do what Ellie Goulding did and make as much of the packaging compostable. Its a win, win. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Killa

Just hope thats the motive and not her label saying theyd waste money. Because vynils are more guaranteed to sell, and make more money. While cds come from mass production. Well vynils are also mass production but not same level

I'm seeing some ire over this decision but it makes complete sense to me. I have about a dozen of CDs but not once have I ever used the actual disc, I got it to have a physical copy of something I love and to go through the booklets occasionally. The 'music box' idea is perfect and I'd give anything for it to become the norm.

Also no offense at all but I think there's a real... generational gap between people who are mad at this vs. people who aren't. Her main demographic are not CD collectors lol.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Idk why some of y’all are expecting Lorde to solve wastefulness and the trash crisis with an album release… she’s making a change in a way she is able to, even if you think it’s too small. 

Summerboi14

Can she use a cardboard sleeve? I bet there is a way to recycle the CD itself but it would be too expensive.

Aren't CD Players or any device with a CD Player cheaper and more enviorment friendly than a Vinyl Player?

Ceres

After giving everyone moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis** , she knows nobodys gonna run out to buy a CD :ohwell:

Spoiler

girl gone and made a Humira commercial for the GenZ crowd

✧ ✧ ✧

Archived