Lorde: No CD’s this time

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I don't get this music box. What exactly is it?

It's a boxset that contains:

100% BIODEGRADABLE HARD ECO BOX.

HI-RES ALBUM DOWNLOAD WITH BONUS TRACKS + ACCESS TO EXCLUSIVE CONTENT.

FOLD-OUT POSTER. 32 PAGE BOOKLET. LIMITED 4 CARD SET.

She said the following about it: 

“I DECIDED EARLY ON IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING THIS ALBUM THAT I ALSO WANTED TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENTALLY KIND, FORWARD-THINKING ALTERNATIVE TO THE CD.
I WANTED THIS MUSIC BOX PRODUCT TO BE SIMILAR IN SIZE, SHAPE AND PRICE TO A CD, TO LIVE ALONGSIDE IT IN A RETAIL ENVIRONMENT, BUT BE SOMETHING WHICH STANDS APART — A PLASTIC-FREE BOX THAT CONTAINS LOADS OF EXTRA VISUAL CONTENT, HANDWRITTEN NOTES, EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS, AND A DOWNLOAD CARD.

THIS CARD GETS YOU A HIGH-QUALITY DOWNLOAD OF THE MUSIC, 2 EXCLUSIVE BONUS TRACKS, AND ACCESS TO SOME SPECIAL SURPRISES ALONG THE WAY.

IT’S KIND OF LIKE PURCHASING MEMBERSHIP TO A LITTLE CLUB, ONE THAT’S COMMITTED TO THE EVOLVING NATURE OF A MODERN ALBUM”.
- LORDE

Soft, soothing, and succulent

AJRocketMan

I’m not excited for her music anymore anyways, but that sucks because CDs have the best sound quality by far. That’s actually not an opinion, it’s a fact. You can Google it for proof.

Justin Drew Bieber
5 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

It's a boxset that contains:

100% BIODEGRADABLE HARD ECO BOX.

HI-RES ALBUM DOWNLOAD WITH BONUS TRACKS + ACCESS TO EXCLUSIVE CONTENT.

FOLD-OUT POSTER. 32 PAGE BOOKLET. LIMITED 4 CARD SET.

She said the following about it: 

“I DECIDED EARLY ON IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING THIS ALBUM THAT I ALSO WANTED TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENTALLY KIND, FORWARD-THINKING ALTERNATIVE TO THE CD.
I WANTED THIS MUSIC BOX PRODUCT TO BE SIMILAR IN SIZE, SHAPE AND PRICE TO A CD, TO LIVE ALONGSIDE IT IN A RETAIL ENVIRONMENT, BUT BE SOMETHING WHICH STANDS APART — A PLASTIC-FREE BOX THAT CONTAINS LOADS OF EXTRA VISUAL CONTENT, HANDWRITTEN NOTES, EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS, AND A DOWNLOAD CARD.

THIS CARD GETS YOU A HIGH-QUALITY DOWNLOAD OF THE MUSIC, 2 EXCLUSIVE BONUS TRACKS, AND ACCESS TO SOME SPECIAL SURPRISES ALONG THE WAY.

IT’S KIND OF LIKE PURCHASING MEMBERSHIP TO A LITTLE CLUB, ONE THAT’S COMMITTED TO THE EVOLVING NATURE OF A MODERN ALBUM”.
- LORDE

I love this :applause:

boyerased

Makes sense even outside the sustainability aspect. I reckon MOST people who buy these cd’s are in it for the collection, booklet and visuals. It’s just more convenient to listen online, and quality-wise there are lossless files for that.

Vinyl’s have their own niche and many people who buy them actually use them to play music. So it kinda makes sense why she’s still offering the vinyl copy, for “texture” per se. 

Is she a "streaming force"? I feel like she might regret it sales wise.

I kinda understand the environmental aspect, but personally I really dislike the idea. I have a pretty nice CD collection myself and would never throw those away, I would be really disappointed if I collected all of an artists albums on CD and they suddenly decide to not produce them anymore.
I have most of my CDs for over ten years and they still work as good as they used to. 

Vinyls are nice too but not the same in my opinion. I personally only buy albums that I really love a lot on vinyl because most of them are more expensive than CDs.

I think she could have done a smaller amount of limited CDs for her fans and their collection.

I just hope that Gaga will still continue to produce CDs.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

RAMROD

Lorde is hearing from me :neyde:

like seriously, water bottles and those green reusable bags, are the new trash, cos people buying and hoardes so much of it, because lots of styles and colors and brands, that it ended up piling up in their homes before they throw them away. Like, there are literally a lot of people who own more than 3 Starbucks thermos or cups, for example. And they will certainly buy a new ones when the new collection arrives. Nothing is so green about that habit.

If she is really wannabe green, just put it out digitally, both streaming and itunes/other digital stores, end of.  

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Runway

I don’t think many people would buy a physical copy of her album anyway 

LaLuna

I totally get the sustainability aspect, but personally, being old-fashioned, I just prefer physical formats. To each their own I guess.

reallydima

I'm not necessarily looking forward to this album (Pure Heroin simply can't be beat). But I do Stan her position on this. Good for her for, CDs are just plastic. 

Ladle Ghoulash

Pretty funny that 80% of the comments here are lame attempts to make this hypocritical when it's actually a pretty smart decision. People who buy vinyl are more likely to hold onto it than a CD customer on average, not to mention that CDs are produced at a higher level than they are consumed, meaning they generate way more waste on average than vinyl. It's a relatively small gesture, but I think it's ultimately well intended and hurts no one (yet a lot of folks seem pretty bothered by it in the comments lmao).

britneygaga99

I appreciate the thought. I’ll just buy the album on ITunes and make my own CD, though

Illuminati
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Lorde is hearing from me :neyde:

like seriously, water bottles and those green reusable bags, are the new trash, cos people buying and hoardes so much of it, because lots of styles and colors and brands, that it ended up piling up in their homes before they throw them away. Like, there are literally a lot of people who own more than 3 Starbucks thermos or cups, for example. And they will certainly buy a new ones when the new collection arrives. Nothing is so green about that habit.

If she is really wannabe green, just put it out digitally, both streaming and itunes/other digital stores, end of.  

Were you going to buy the CD? It's kind of a dumb thing to complain about imo, especially since I personally don't know anyone who listens even to the few CDs they do have lying around in their home. Vinyl is a different experience, and usually supports small record stores.

She doesn't have to abandon all marketing and retreat to the jungle to be environmentally friendly.

Archived