Mess

excuse me?

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
js4754394o9823
8 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

So what's the point of not releasing CDs but releasing vynils? 

i saw some vinyls with recycable note in the discription
so maybe there are more eco friendly variants (?)
idk about Lorde's

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

ItWasntLaauv

I swear I’m not coming for her, but won’t vinyls also be in a landfill? lmao :toofunny:

Suspiria
16 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

You know, the hubs that store and process electronic files use a LOT of kilowatts, which also has an impact on the environment… lol 

Yeah but those kilowatts can come from sustainable sources like Solar Power.mp3 :flower:

jorja

this is kinda revolutionary imo

most people usually buy CDs for the visuals, not for the CD itself(not anymore at least).. if only it made it cheaper though :saladga:

JazzGa
6 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

I swear I’m not coming for her, but won’t vinyls also be in a landfill? lmao :toofunny:

Vinyls have a practically infinite shelf life. I buy old vinyls from the 50s, 60s and they still work great. CDs wear out in 10 years with regular use, even if you are careful not to scratch them. They have a near zero resale value right now but that might change.

Since vinyls are longer lasting than CDs and have resale value, that makes them more ethical, but keep in mind that as long as you're trying to sell ppl product, u are merely performing sustainability to increase ur own sales. So ya I agree that it always sounds hypocritical to do a greenwashed sales pitch

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Ororo Munroe

I can't with people criticizing everyone who tries to do something better for environment

Like, yeah, she still produces some things, but what's wrong with trying? I'm not using plastic bottles as much as i can, but sometimes I buy plastic stuff, so does it mean that I should just stop doing slightly better eco friendly stuff or what?  

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

RockCandySweet
27 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

So what's the point of not releasing CDs but releasing vynils? 

Vywhat?

Tinnitus15
30 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

vynils

Lorde is releasing a class of organic molecules:neyde:

Supersonic

All offense but... the CD market is so small right now, I doubt any of her albums would actually land in a landfill because only super fans buy them anyway and her label would print like 150k CD copies at MAX worldwide, especially with how her lead single is performing. 

Like... I appreciate the thought behind it,  but it's a bit of a futile effort. It's like saying "I'll try to decrease my daily amount of breathing out to reduce my the CO2 i emit." 

KURUSHITOVSKA
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

CDs aren't collected like vinyl and they don't last as long. A vinyl will be with you for a looong time and collectors  often buy them second hand when people sell them, CDs don't go through the same cycle (+ the vinyl are limited edition I believe)

Sis I have CDs in my collection that I've owned since I was 4.

OT: All she said sounds B O R I N G 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

alsemanche
1 minute ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Sis I have CDs in my collection that I've owned since I was 4.

OT: All she said sounds B O R I N G 

Good for you but that's not the case for others? CDs have shorter lives, that's a known fact.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Chromatography

looking like CDs never again for her 

she went full hippie huh 

(i support this tho, don’t crucify me)

Archived