ThisGuyTony

Is Dua Lipa a gay icon?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is Dua Lipa a gay icon?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Inspired by my “Is Ava Max a gay icon?” thread, what does GGD think about Miss Dua? 

She’s been releasing music since 2015, but only recently found her footing with bop after bop.

In 2020, she said, “I have a massive group of friends and [members of] my team who are part of the LGBTQ community, who have inspired me so much and taught me so much. They’re all my role models in life."

Has she reached the point of being a gay icon like Madonna, Cher, Barbara, Gaga, etc.? Or does she still need to prove herself to the LGBTQ+ community?

tenor.gif

I guess so. 

I don't think she's as heavily involved with LGBT scenes like Ava Max, Charli XCX or Kim Petras are. She is more mainstream and more "successful". 

I definitely think she's first and foremost more feminist in terms of the music content and themes.

I love her and her music is very much iconic, but I don't get the 'gay icon' vibe from her. I don't think she's been that involved in the LGBT community.

Teletubby

she's trying to give the gays all they want

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Just A Holy Fool

The gays love her, but she needs to have at least one more hit era before she can be labeled icon status... but most gays I know (including myself) live for this bitch. 

chromatic puzea
44 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Has she reached the point of being a gay icon like Madonna, Cher, Barbara, Gaga, etc.? Or does she still need to prove herself to the LGBTQ+ community?

it's this part that always gets me

who next? has @Jill reached the point of being a gay icon like Madonna, Cher, Barbara, Gaga, etc.? Or does she still need to prove herself to the LGBTQ+ community?

do u like the jojo siwa song

Archived