New photos of Halle Bailey as Ariel!

Borislshere

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon
11 hours ago, CyanDante said:

Oh yeah Jumbo was not great either. I didn't know Lady and the Tramp had a live action! :laughga:

Lion King was a visual masterpiece as a national geographic documentary, but realistic animals with no eyebrows can't really have any kind of expressions. It probably would have been better with a Richard Attenborough narration. Oh and the English voice-acting was terrible to say the least. :rip:

You should really watch Jungle Book, it was literally so good. Cruella was also great actually, very Devil wears Prada. :vegas:

Mulan happens to be one of my favourite Disney films, so it was a pain to watch the live action. Not only did they completely change it from the original, which I don't understand. No Li Shang, no mushu, no songs. They literally removed every inch of humour from the movie and what we got was a bland action movie, also the actress very wooden imo. :bear: I think it probably suffered more, because it paled in comparison to the original one.

I think with the remake Disney wanted to respect China more, since the animated movie wasn't very faithful to the actual legend it was based on.

Levine

My god guys, who cares about red hair? Stop being like the boomers on facebook, for christ's sake.

Future Lovers
14 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

Your post would make sense if she were wearing like a brown dress & they made it blue but they didn’t lol the movie & set photos look identical so idk what you’re pointing out as “movie magic” except that the shot is straight on & brighter cause it’s a professional shot vs a paparazzi photo. Halle doesn’t have red hair, they’re not going to make it magically red with editing I can guarantee that.

What do you mean they look identical? They changed the dress to an entirely different shade of blue (the two shades are not even similar, the untouched photo is closer to purple than it is blue). In fact, they recolored most the scene in general. What’s more than likely happening is they’re going to change the shade of red in her hair in post production. This happens all the time in film. There is an entire stage of post-production dedicated entirely to recoloring the filmed material. The most probable reason that they’ve not done a wig or had her dye her hair that color is because of how much she’ll have to be working in water. While wigs and hair dye can be water resistant, a wig will still get damaged and hair dye will still fade. If they retouch her hair in post, they completely eliminate this problem AND they can perfect the color to a degree they wouldn’t be able to do for real. 

Borislshere
2 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Ariana grande ??? , i think she is literally the physically embodiment of ariel with her red hair , youthful looks , small frame and angelic voice  , but iv grown to love the Bailley sisters  im hoping  the movie is good .

Yeah…I’m standing with what I said. Ariana is an obvious choice but I don’t see her being Ariel. 

bluemonkey

Sure colors get retouched and enhanced but everyone is pulling from the way Cinderella was retouched and their own personal photoshop experience of “I’ll just change color later in post because I’m so indecisive right now” it’s a pain in the butt to do and sure it’s doable but that will waste time when they could’ve decided on that during the production meetings, that’s why there’s a director so that everyone is not standing around going “should we or should we not?” 

honestly I feel they are going a serious route like with all the live actions and not here for it as where’s the fun? As if mermaids are real so who cares, they are fantasy creatures, where’s the magic anymore? 

16 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Idk why u guys are expecting this one to be good when we already agreed that The Lion King and Aladdin remakes were bad. Adjust your standards lol.

Aladdin movie was AMAZING tho

Ricksies

Was hoping for bright red hair like Mera from Aquaman.

Post prod editing on most of the movie would be weird and unrealistic so looks like she's going to have brown(?) hair.

Pink Narcissus

Not really a big Disney fan but I’m excited for her 

As Long As You Pay Me…

freebit

I personally kind of like that her hair isnt fire engine red, and a more realistic, natural looking auburn. That worked for the cartoon, but for a live action adaptation it would take me out if she came out of the sea looking like she ermerged from a Hot Topic. 

Archived