Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

T-Pain experienced depression after Usher said he f* up music with AutoTune

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

In an exclusive clip from Netflix series This Is Pop, T-Pain reveals that he fell into a 4-year depression after fellow musician Usher told him he "f‑‑‑ed up music."

"Usher was my friend. I really respect Usher. And he said, 'I'm gonna tell you something, man. You kinda f‑‑‑ed up music.'"
He thought Usher was joking at first, so he laughed. "And then he was like, 'Yeah man you really f‑‑‑ed up music for real singers,'" he recalls.
"I was like, 'What did I do? I came out and I used Auto-Tune.' He was like, 'Yeah, you f‑‑‑ed it up.' I'm like, 'But I used it, I didn't tell everybody else to start using it.'"

"That is the very moment, and I don't even think I realized this for a long time, but that's the very moment that started a four-year depression for me."

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

CatelynnMarie

Usher is a lil b***h. Uncalled for and just stupid. T-Pain is legit 

River

sorry sorry sorry

omg no way no no

It was CHER who used autotune first and destroyed music first :grr:

Do you believe this? :neyde:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

weed

Usher should've been focusing on getting tested and not printing fake money

A MESS

from wikipedia: "On April 28, 2007, T-Pain refused to shorten his performance at Radio One's Spring Fest Concert in Miami, which caused police presence to escalate backstage. He became agitated after concert officials stopped his performance of "Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin')". Police chased him and his entourage out of the premises and detained them." 

so...they called the police...because the concert was too long? LOL

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

A MESS

"In 2009, rapper Jay-Z released the single "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)", which criticized the practice. The song directly mentioned T-Pain, with the lyrics "You niggas singing too much/ Get back to rap, you T-Paining too much."[79] Jay-Z has insisted that the song was not a personal attack on T-Pain"

WOW, the way I would have dragged everyone from their neck's babyhair

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Putang Ina Mo

Cher and Kanye really pioneered autotune, tbh. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

JINNOCIDE
11 minutes ago, A MESS said:

"In 2009, rapper Jay-Z released the single "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)", which criticized the practice. The song directly mentioned T-Pain, with the lyrics "You niggas singing too much/ Get back to rap, you T-Paining too much."[79] Jay-Z has insisted that the song was not a personal attack on T-Pain"

WOW, the way I would have dragged everyone from their neck's babyhair

How is this NOT a personal attack? :laughga:

I can't... 

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

Killa

Usher dahling, were you convinced you were pitch perfect lately? 

Your attitude killed all your vibe. I used to be such a fan, but after the teenage fever dream, hes just plain boring, conceited performer. And it shows in tge music

1 hour ago, River said:

sorry sorry sorry

omg no way no no

It was CHER who used autotune first and destroyed music first :grr:

Do you believe this? :neyde:

Its just a vocal effect. Leave Cher alone.

Archived