opinion

Why is Taylor's graphic design so bad?

Suspiria

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Versace

You’re joking? I freakin love the reputation cover, a serve tbh. 

Lover isn’t perfect but I love the pink clouds and font, it’s the photo of her that feels mismatched imo. 

And to be fair, the Fearless rerelease had a stunning front cover it’s just the track list that looks slightly off. 

bluemonkey
1 hour ago, River said:

because she does the work :shrug:

Taylor is known for saving money and doing many jobs herself

she talked about in an interview for Good Morning Azerbaijan

She really does? Girl no wonder you get burnt out. It’s not worth the savings :laughga:

dynamite
Just now, bluemonkey said:

She really does? Girl no wonder you get burnt out. It’s not worth the savings :laughga:

No she doesn't :poot:

alsemanche
15 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said:

Why does this site have such a fixation with graphic design, and such a lack of understanding that tastes differ? None of the graphic design I’ve seen complaints about recently are actually bad. Maybe the problem is that a lot of these threads are just pretentiousness. Besides that, the music is far more important than an album cover that will inevitably be rendered dated anyways. Stop worrying about the things that literally don’t matter. 

There's a reason it's put under the "opinion" tag. The user is giving their opinion on Taylor's graphics. There's nothing pretentious about that. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

latina twilight

I see what's wrong with Reputation but for some reason I don't hate it

Lover, well, I like to pretend that it's purposely made in this cheap loud Lisa Frank style :laughga: so it kinda works for me

Fearless (Taylor's Version) tho, that one I'm sure it's supposed to give this DIY "I posted this picture in myspace in 2009" vibe, and I like it

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Lona Delery

idk why yall hate Lover, its one of my favorite album covers. love the pastel colors

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Living
47 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said:

None of the graphic design I’ve seen complaints about recently are actually bad.

1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

taylor-swift-love-story-rerecord-1613087

Angry Janet Jackson GIF

Fuck You Pop Music

The only bad one here is the Love Story single cover (I know it's from the 00s, but even then we had amazing single covers). Fearless (TV) tries to revive that aesthetic and actually works (not my favorite, but not bad). Lover looks great and fits the sound of the album, same with Reputation. Ready for It? was lazy, but I've seen worse. Now stream COCC

Benji

I won’t pretend I think they’re great but isn’t Taylor quite hands on with her covers?  I’m pretty sure she personally approached the designer of the Lover cover because she seen the artist’s other work.  I’m pretty sure Taylor chooses her covers on an emotional feeling rather than what might look the “best.”

lavender blonde

I'm huge swiftie, but YASSS SIS. You couldn't be more right. Every album cover past 1989 is awful. I also noticed that her style in general has gotten worse after Kimye thing. Aesthetics, clothes, hair, makeup, everything...

Archived