Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga Already Started Teasing ARTPOP 10 Years Ago Today

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

On June 19th, 2011 teasing for ARTPOP had already begun, although nobody would be aware quite yet of what ARTPOP even was. Lady Gaga first mentioned that she was "already writing new music" at a press conference at the 2011 MMVAs. While the timing is early, this comes to no surprise considering that quite awhile down the line we would learn that Lady Gaga started developing ARTPOP only around a week after Born This Way was released.

(@1:14)

he/him/his

27monster27
6 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I thought you meant for like... Now :bear:

Well, I wanted to say ARTPOP instead of new music, but considering that this was over one year before we even got the title I thought that it would be better to say new music for that time.

he/him/his

• 27monster27 changed the title to Lady Gaga Already Started Teasing ARTPOP 10 Years Ago Today
27monster27
20 minutes ago, Bio said:

Uhm she's been teasing new music since she was 4 so... :excuseu:

Okay I updated the title. :bear:

he/him/his

androiduser

it doesn't necessarily mean that she was working on a new album at that time. Writing new music could just mean putting some ideas together and never making a complete song out of it.

Helxig

Isn't it crazy thinking about how she was dressed like that, performing BTW songs every night, and writing songs like ARTPOP? I'm often reminded that she's writing the next era during the current era and it's so interesting to me

I didn't know that back then she was so afraid of leaving NYC. I wonder if it was a hard decision for her to make to move to LA so she could have outdoor space and be closer to her work

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Economy

It was such a hyped era!

Its too bad it was a tough era for her emotionally that on top of that didnt go as planned era wise...

Personally im not huge on that album but its still beautiful to look back and reminise

Butters Stotch
12 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Isn't it crazy thinking about how she was dressed like that, performing BTW songs every night, and writing songs like ARTPOP? I'm often reminded that she's writing the next era during the current era and it's so interesting to me

I completely agree with this. It's very interesting when you think about it in that way.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

bluemonkey
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

I didn't know that back then she was so afraid of leaving NYC. I wonder if it was a hard decision for her to make to move to LA so she could have outdoor space and be closer to her work

I think it’s like that with most popstars, she was getting huge so just like how the label threw Britney into recording studio right after she does her tours so they can meet demand and hype, I’m sure it’s like that with a lot of today’s artist still. Greedy labels and management are always trying to pump as much as they can 

You know what stands out to me in this interview is her saying she would love to have a fashion line, and how NYC grounds her.. I wonder if she'll ever do that, and if she'll ever move back to NY, even partially..

Anderson123

The Fame in 2008, The Fame Monster in 2009, Born This Way in 2011 and she was already working on ARTPOP and planned to release it in 2012. So crazy to see the way she worked on these albums and they're all great, don't even sound rushed or half baked. No wonder her body was drained around that time because she was also on tour during the making of all of these.

Agunimon

She's been persistent in stating that she's almost always writing new music. I dunno how announcing she was doing that is a tease to ARTPOP.

27monster27
3 hours ago, Agunimon said:

She's been persistent in stating that she's almost always writing new music. I dunno how announcing she was doing that is a tease to ARTPOP.

Remember that she confirmed that she texted DJWS only a week after Born This Way was released saying that she was ready to work on her next album.

he/him/his

Archived