💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie's past racism against Asians exposed / Netizens demand apology

dit

Featured Posts

Roseblud Kisses
7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That is moot point tbh, cos that doesn't mean there aren't racist in Calif. Try to walk down Simi Valley, as a PoC and wait how long until you can get  questioned, threatened, attacked, and slurs.

I would expect to get questioned, threatened, attacked and slurred by a 50 year old male Republican, but not a woke aspiring singer with Hollywood parents.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

Zoomers are just eating their own, aren't they? 

Olivia? Girl? I'd be scrubbing everything you ever said if I were you. 

On topic: That vid looked HEAVILY edited. Not even really sure what the h is going on with it. Billie, just send some lame PR apology and put out a banger. 

Rebel

People expect an apology because she was young there but she’s dating a racist now so :bear:

Levine
9 hours ago, dit said:

I personally think it is important to note she was like super young (probably 15 or 16?) 

I don't care. Being 15 like 4 years ago was very different from being 15 in 1970!

I prefer to give success and my money to people who weren't racist at 14 nor 17 or 21

ItWasntLaauv
3 hours ago, Galagala said:

Except one is a world-famous star and others are general people who don't need to deal with their own reputation in the same way. This just happened, and it would be stupid to not give that harmless apology. 

It’s not up to us to demand an apology for this imo. Idk, this is pretty blown out of proportion if you ask me. Just my opinion.

RudraCNG

Imagine using all this energy for something positive in your lives.

Bc of course people who dig in artists' past never seek social justice, they just love drama and bashing some celebrity they don't like.

And I swear I don't like Billie nor follow her music.

BlingNotTheMusic
10 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Yeah we all should apologize for that small thing we said 10 years ago 

Bullshit. Can we please just stop being so oversensitive? 

This. Can we leave getting easily offended and cancelling everyone/everything in 2020?

I haven't read through the whole thread, so apologies if these points have already been made.

I watched the video. It's like one of these conspiracy videos that takes one or two facts and then spins a load of nonsense out of them and ends up concluding that everyone in Hollywood eats children.

In this video, there is a one or two second clip of Billie apparently imitating an Asian accent. No context is given. She could usefully give the context and maybe apologize depending on what the context is.

She also seems to mouth the word 'chink'. I'm happy to type that word in full because it is a legit word, as in chink of light or chink in your armour. A video which shows Billie mouthing that word on its own does not require an explanation or an apology. 

The video also says that her brother calls her out for using blaccent. I don't hear him doing that. I hear him making fun of her for speaking with 'an accent' and sounding nothing like herself. The person who put together the video is the one who mentions blaccent.

So what are we left with ? A two-second clip where Billie seems to be imitating an Asian accent. It's a two and a half minute video and only two seconds of it needs explaining. The rest is unconnected bs.

Roseblud Kisses
12 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Imagine using all this energy for something positive in your lives.

Bc of course people who dig in artists' past never seek social justice, they just love drama and bashing some celebrity they don't like.

And I swear I don't like Billie nor follow her music.

Imagine having a platform to address racism and educating an audience of 100 million people, but instead saying nothing. People are more disappointed in her silence, not about what she said when she was 16. 

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

• Admin locked this topic

Archived