Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie's past racism against Asians exposed / Netizens demand apology

dit

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
20 minutes ago, Economy said:

No one said celebs cant be criticized. But draw a reasonable line somewhere. I dont get the point of digging up old dirt because everyone has it and it can literally turn into an endless thing of digging up one mistake after another. Focus on issues as they show up thats the point

Yeah if i say something racist or problematic in some other way call it out so i can better myself. That does not mean id want u to do some FBI investigation into every mistake i made in the last 10 years just because and then keep dragging me non stop which is what ppl do with celebrities now.

Get the difference yet? Accountability and the current cancel culture are definitely not one in the same. Theres clearly a difference in intent there

1. Because they are celebs. They get a disproportionate amount of love, attention and money so they get excessive scrutinity as well. Once you become a celeb, this is the kind of thing that happens. Celebs are not regular peoples: their mistakes and whole lives are on display because of their profession.

Millions of people have acces to Internet. They may want to dig up old tweets, collect and download videos of a celeb. The means that made whatever video be found and unfolded don't matter because every online video of a celeb is in the public space. People have the right to be outraged.

You point about cancel culture- it's unrelated to this situation because her carer isn't threatened as of now (and probably won't ever be).

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
js4754394o9823
1 hour ago, dit said:

videos of her with the stuff that is going viral on tik tok and social media:

The way I don't understand a single word from this video xd

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

We have to stop coming at people for **** they did years and years ago. I promise I have said and done terrible things in my past that I would never do again and am ashamed of - but I’ve grown as a person and educated myself just like many others. No one is perfect and no one is getting cancelled for stupid **** like this video. 

Hurem
1 hour ago, Noah said:

Think about your favorite Pop Girl having a homophobic past. It would hurt you too, even if it wasn‘t yesterday but 10 years ago.

Why would I be hurt by someone's behavior from 10 years ago? :smh: 

Morphine Prince

The Billie haters on this forum are always the first replies to a thread with her name on it. 

An illness. 

Chromatica Island

Someone needs to cancel cancel culture already, I mean she should apologize, but give the girl a break, she was young.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Cavadour

I'm honestly happy cellphones and social media didn't exist in the 70's when I was a teenager. I won't have to be ashamed to see the dumb a**hole I've been sometimes and listen to the fuc*king dirty things I said many other times. That's a huge difference with today.

What is similar though, there always be sneaky snitches to expose someone else's blunders and try to speculate on the so called bad side of people, especially when the said people are already exposed celebrities.

I do think it's a good thing to bring vile people behaviour to the light. But this flow of petty denunciations to just shake oversensitive socmeds addicts turns to a real tiresome overdose.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

MANiCURE 6
1 hour ago, dit said:

basically they are compilation of stuff she has said that is deemed as bad against Asians. In the first one she is mouthing the C word which is racist towards Asians and in the second one she is called out for her blaccent by her own brother and also there is a clip where she is mocking Asian accents apparently. Overall it isn't good. She was very young though. Netizens want an apology regardless and they are making videos viral on tik tok. Basically she should apologize even if it was years ago but at the same time I dont think she should be cancelled. But that is my personal opinion. But yeah an apology is necessary to be fair

Yeah... I don't think an apology is necessary. Like we know it was a mistake, everyone can make mistakes. But if she feels the need to clear it up then...

Chromatography
21 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

Interested to see where this goes and how she handles it

the same path it always goes. twitter goes ballistic, tries to cancel the celebrity, celebrity gives half assed written apology in an instagram post, we move on. 

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Serial Chiller

I bet most of you didnt even watch the video. 

1) it was made by a hater - look at the disgusting thumbnail

2) it was heavily edited. 

3) she never actually said the word in the video. It was her mouth shaping into something similar to that while a distorted audio/song plays over it.

I'm the furthest from a Billie fan, especially after what she and her creepy brother said about Gag, but plz, y'all attempt at cancelling her is just cringey. 

Roboboy

all the people complaining about this have probably made the same jokes in their life time. focus on the ACTUAL racism present in society, instead of wasting time on **** like this

River

What people will do for a little bit of gossip

Suddenly the Asian haters that hating on every Kpop thread or post in GGD suddenly protecting the Asians in the world from Billie.

Maybe waste this energy to #FreePalestine for example.

Cancel culture = gossip culture and it's so tiring.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Admin locked this topic

Archived