💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie's past racism against Asians exposed / Netizens demand apology

dit

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA

Yeah we all should apologize for that small thing we said 10 years ago 

Bullshit. Can we please just stop being so oversensitive? 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
10 minutes ago, Runway said:

Lock her up

9 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The Billie Eilish fans excuses department coming in 3, 2, 1.. 

Two notorious billie haters rushing into the thread without watching the video, of course

The "viral" video has 57 views and is a collage of different videos where she is obviously NOT saying a slur :rip: proof that outrage culture is never actually about the community yall are reportedly worried about and all about having ammunition to bully someone you don't like

chaeri pls

weed

Greta Thunberg can change the world at 15 but Billie didn’t know what racism is sksksksks okayyyy

not saying end her career, but take accountability 

TimisaMonster

Oof...she is NOT having the best year musically or PR wise...:billie:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

HuffsAhoy

The key is PAST. When I was the age she acted like this, I was extremely ignorant and closed minded about transgender people, to the point I regrettably made inappropriate comments to someone quite frequently. Fast forward over 12 years later and I've done a complete 360 about that topic, as well as many others that I was once prejudiced about. We do not know how she feels know or even her journey of unlearning. Cancel culture is out of control. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

FfFfFfFF

Not my post being a self-fulfilling prophecy-

When stuff like this happen it's weird that your first response is to question who found what and for what reasons instead of plainly accepting that the situation is offensive and the celeb is perhaps in the wrong.

If you are a public figure, every one of your texts and videos are in the public sphere. People can do what they want with them for whatever reasons and the means for which something is discovered doesn't really matter.

dynamite
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Id say so tbh. I find ppl that take social justice and moral superiority to an extreme get a genuine thrill of finding dirt on someone so they can criticize and feel superior :rip:

Theres genuine constructive criticism and genuine activism that calls out bad behaviour as it happens so we can make the world a better and more just place. Not all "cancelling" is always bad and unjustified

But digging up stuff from years ago nobody remembers anymore unless its a serious crime like murder or rape is just not it... it doesnt help anyone. It just reopens scars that could of been left alone :emma:

That being said, because there are ppl who dig up stuff for thrill, it forces celebs to apologize because stuff like this will naturally hurt peoples feelings and if it comes out it needs to be adressed

Yeah that's what I think too mostly. I don't see the purpose of digging stuff up. "Hold yourselves accountable for your problematic behaviour!" Cries the Twitter justice mob. "Do better!!!!!" (Though it is a gross word to use).

Those who go around looking for drama are just as disgusting. They're not doing it for a good reason. Not to say that people can say literally whatever they want without consequence, but stop resurrecting every little thing. There is SO MUCH **** going on in the world right now. An old Billie Eyelash comment isn't one of them.

I'll go as far as to say that she should only apologise if it's brought to her attention and she's genuinely sorry for it and wants to address it on her own behalf, rather than it being forced out of her like every other celebrity apology.

alsemanche
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

She definitely needs to apologize for this and I really hope she does because otherwise.... a huge disappointment. I get that she wasn't even an adult back then and I doubt she'd do it after growing up and becoming the mature person she is now but this is still bad. She owes them an apology, period. 

okay wait i just watched the video and how do we know that that's what she's mouthing? The video is like half a second long? not making excuses but I don't understand how everyone is sure that that's what she was mouthing

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Jill

Guys, it doesn't matter that you said x or y when you were younger too. You're missing the point. If you were in Billie's place and people knew you said such stuff, the correct thing to do is to publicly apologize. End of story. It isn't that hard, and at least gives her fans (especially Asian fans) the comfort that the person they admire has grown and learned. Nobody is saying Billie is the same now as she was then. People are demanding an apology to prove that she isn't the same. It's not that difficult to understand, and people saying "well I said this too so why should it matter" are incredibly blind to the real problem here.

Even if Billie didn't say that word as most users are saying, my point still stands as there are a bunch of users who always misunderstand the objective of 'cancelling' someone.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Chromatography
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Not my post being a self-fulfilling prophecy-

When stuff like this happen it's weird that your first response is to question who found what and for what reasons instead of plainly accepting that the situation is offensive and the celeb is perhaps in the wrong.

If you are a public figure, every one of your texts and videos are in the public sphere. People can do what they want with them for whatever reasons and the means for which something is discovered doesn't really matter.

right but it’s just curious how you and everyone else act like you’re so above celebrities for doing something sh!tty when you’ve probably done the same thing. just because one is public and one isn’t doesn’t make it any less wrong. what kind of logic is this?

also, most people defending billie are saying what she did is also wrong. but go off.

Economy
1 minute ago, dynamite said:

Yeah that's what I think too mostly. I don't see the purpose of digging stuff up. "Hold yourselves accountable for your problematic behaviour!" Cries the Twitter justice mob. "Do better!!!!!" (Though it is a gross word to use).

Those who go around looking for drama are just as disgusting. They're not doing it for a good reason. Not to say that people can say literally whatever they want without consequence, but stop resurrecting every little thing. There is SO MUCH **** going on in the world right now. An old Billie Eyelash comment isn't one of them.

I'll go as far as to say that she should only apologise if it's brought to her attention and she's genuinely sorry for it and wants to address it on her own behalf, rather than it being forced out of her like every other celebrity apology.

Exactly... calling out bad behaviour in the here and now is whats helpful because its whats in our cosnciousness and its whats evolving in culture. Stuff from years ago is just stirring up drama and salt in wounds as it wont serve a useful purpose anymore and like u said these ppl dont even have good intents

Like ppl change... ppl make poor decisions here and there. Unless its a very serious crime i prefer to just give ppl the benefit of the doubt that they are better ppl now and have learned. It serves to purpose to shuvle up burried dirt that could of been left alone just because u like drama. It helps literally no one

Hopefully Billie will adress this in a sensitive and proper way now that its out tho cuz no doubt theres scared individuals who need the wounds mended

Cello
11 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Two notorious billie haters rushing into the thread without watching the video, of course

The "viral" video has 57 views and is a collage of different videos where she is obviously NOT saying a slur :rip: proof that outrage culture is never actually about the community yall are reportedly worried about and all about having ammunition to bully someone you don't like

The tea! 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

right but it’s just curious how you and everyone else act like you’re so above celebrities for doing something sh!tty when you’ve probably done the same thing. just because one is public and one isn’t doesn’t make it any less wrong. what kind of logic is this?

also, most people defending billie are saying what she did is also wrong. but go off.

The way you are so certain I said something racist is weird, first of all because I live in a country where everyone is white. Projection much? 

Feel free punish me and judge me the moment you find a racist video of mine and hold me to the same standard. Because literally nobody is saying that regular people are excused from being racist as you are somehow trying it to paint it. However, celebs's racist incidents are more talked about just because tons of fans and journalists are interested in their past as this is the way it goes:rip:

9 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I don't understand the video could someone explain please ?

basically they are compilation of stuff she has said that is deemed as bad against Asians. In the first one she is mouthing the C word which is racist towards Asians and in the second one she is called out for her blaccent by her own brother and also there is a clip where she is mocking Asian accents apparently. Overall it isn't good. She was very young though. Netizens want an apology regardless and they are making videos viral on tik tok. Basically she should apologize even if it was years ago but at the same time I dont think she should be cancelled. But that is my personal opinion. But yeah an apology is necessary to be fair

• Admin locked this topic

Archived