Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie's past racism against Asians exposed / Netizens demand apology

dit

Featured Posts

Billie Eilish is facing backlash, following a compilation video that apparently shows the musician using an Asian slur and mocking accent.

The TikTok video, which was shared by user @lcxvy on Monday, features a compilation of undated clips of the star, where she appears to use the word "c***k"—a slur against people of Chinese descent.

Eilish, 19, is also seen appearing to use a mock Asian accent, while a caption purports that her musician brother Finneas "calls her out for using a blaccent"—or speaking African-American Vernacular English.

No other context was added to the brief video, which has already been viewed thousands of times on the video-sharing platform, as well as shared on Twitter.

While Eilish has yet to publicly address the video, there are growing calls on social media for the "Lovely" singer to issue a public apology.

https://www.newsweek.com/billie-eilish-racist-video-controversy-1601541

https://www.wionews.com/entertainment/billie-eilish-slammed-by-netizens-for-mocking-asian-accent-and-using-racist-slur-392354

Compilation videos of her with the stuff that is going viral on tik tok and social media:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think it is important to note she was like super young (probably 15 or 16?) when this happened...still not an excuse as most people by that age know not to use C word and stuff but yeah...Netizens online want her to make a comment apologizing and I think that is a fair demand tbh...sure she was young but you still hurt some Asian fans so why not apologize?

Economy
7 minutes ago, dit said:

I personally think it is important to note she was like super young (probably 15 or 16?) when this happened...still not an excuse as most people by that age know not to use C word and stuff but yeah...Netizens online want her to make a comment apologizing and I think that is a fair demand tbh...sure she was young but you still hurt some Asian fans so why not apologize?

Its definitely no excuse but ppl also do and say a lot of stupid and insensitive things as teens. I know i myself would be cancelled as a celeb right now if things i said as a teen 10-15 years ago were brought to light as would 95% of the population tbh. We learn and we grow to be better (well some of us do anyway)

I think she should take ownership and apoligize since as a public figure comments like this surfacing could hurt Asians hearing these comments now.

But if she sounds sincere i dont think one should keep focusing on this. Her problematic boyfriend if anything rn deserves more scruituny id say

I also wanna add that ppl that constantly search to dig up dirt on politically incorrect statements from celebs on stuff that already happened years ago are not helping anyone. Ppls feelings wouldnt get hurt and then need to be adressed and apoligized to if past was left alone in the first place

dynamite

Why does stuff like this (seemingly) randomly surface? Are people just going around looking for stuff? And not actually caring about it but just wanting to start some ****?

3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Its definitely no excuse but ppl also do and say a lot of stupid and insensitive things as teens. I know i myself would be cancelled as a celeb right now if things i said as a teen 10-15 years ago were brought to light as would 95% of the population tbh. We learn and we grow to be better (well some of us do anyway)

I think she should take ownership and apoligize since as a public figure comments like this surfacing could hurt Asians hearing these comments now.

But if she sounds sincere i dont think one should keep focusing on this. Her problematic boyfriend if anything rn deserves more scruituny id say

100% agreed. This is the same for most people I think. If all the things we said as teenagers was exposed we would probably be cancelled a millions times. Not necessarily racism as I think a lot of us grew up not saying racist stuff but just in general maybe some rude jokes etc...

I guess it is the burden of being famous. You kind of have to own up to things that happened many years ago even if you grew up and dont say those things anymore etc...I hope she apologizes so this can hopefully pass. She is being watched a lot under the microscope lately. Feels like ppl want to be upset at her for anything really and idk...it seems weird. 

edit: of course this is not to excuse what she said as the C word is VERY wrong. 

Noah

I think, no matter how young she was (or how some people blame their mental health (a dark place)), you can always apologize for what happened and if people are offended, you should realize they have a right to. It‘s easy to blame the society or the people that ‚love to get offended‘ but that always downplays those who actually feel hurt by these clips. Think about your favorite Pop Girl having a homophobic past. It would hurt you too, even if it wasn‘t yesterday but 10 years ago. How do you know/think she hasn‘t changed?. Address it. Call out your own problematic behavior.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

alsemanche

She definitely needs to apologize for this and I really hope she does because otherwise...

I get that she wasn't even an adult back then and I doubt she'd do it after growing up and becoming the mature person she is now but this is still bad. She owes them an apology, period. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BleepBloop
5 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Why does stuff like this (seemingly) randomly surface? Are people just going around looking for stuff? And not actually caring about it but just wanting to start some ****?

yes.

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The Billie Eilish fans excuses department coming in 3, 2, 1.. 

i don’t like billie at all. i don’t like her music or aesthetic. BUT, that being said, this is getting a little ridiculous.

should she have said that? absolutely not. it’s vile. she should apologize for what she said. however i would LOVE to see all of your texts, etc from when you were 13-17. you NEVER said anything racist, sexist, etc? that’s the thing that’s annoying about this. that none of us are above making those comments at some point.

gumzy3000

We have all said and done stuff in bad taste growing up. We are allowed to make mistakes and grow, especially as a teenager. She should apologize for this and everyone should move on. 

trolly troll troll

Economy
11 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Id say so tbh. I find ppl that take social justice and moral superiority to an extreme get a genuine thrill of finding dirt on someone so they can criticize and feel superior :rip:

Theres genuine constructive criticism and genuine activism that calls out bad behaviour as it happens so we can make the world a better and more just place. Not all "cancelling" is always bad and unjustified

But digging up stuff from years ago nobody remembers anymore unless its a serious crime like murder or rape is just not it... it doesnt help anyone. It just reopens scars that could of been left alone :emma:

That being said, because there are ppl who dig up stuff for thrill, it forces celebs to apologize because stuff like this will naturally hurt peoples feelings and if it comes out it needs to be adressed. Now that its out Billie cant ignore this, she has to adress it and apologize... but my point is if this stuff from years isnt dug up in the first place that would be even better

I would not wanna be a celebrity past 2017 lemme just say that. Ur constantly walking on eggshells and u have to think every single sentance thru. The smallest slip up will create a huge internet situation against u :emma: (although this Billie situation is not trivial but you get my point)

• Admin locked this topic

Archived