Mark Wahlberg sings “Born This Way“ in new film

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CyanLights
1 minute ago, Kimmo said:

ALSO IF YOU BRING UP MARK’S PAST LIKE SOME OF YALL LIKE TO DO I WILL REPORT UOUR ASS FOR GOOING OUT OF TOPIC!! 

Just now, androiduser said:

isn't he a raging homophobe?

Y'all dont make moderating this site easy 

Helxig

Very weird... but... her impact I suppose :shrug: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

imnotyourbabe10

This looks like a beautiful film! Not sure how to feel about Mark — I know people are capable of change...regardless, this looks like an important story and memorial  

Also, Connie Britton :diane:

Helxig

P.S. I get that it's important to show the reality of what a lot of gay people go through, but I'm really sick of higher budget gay movies/TV shows absolutely torturing their gay characters.

Like yes, our existence can really suck, but it would also be nice to see us portrayed as just regular people for once. And probably healthier tbh for young gays to see themselves on screen as regular people instead of bullied, degraded, depressed, or dead

imnotyourbabe10
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

P.S. I get that it's important to show the reality of what a lot of gay people go through, but I'm really sick of higher budget gay movie/TV shows absolutely torturing their gay characters.

Like yes, our existence can really suck, but it would also be nice to see us portrayed as just regular people for once. And probably healthier tbh for young gays to see themselves on screen as regular people instead of bullied, degraded, depressed, or dead

Amen! Social change and representation can be so very slow. I can’t think of any quality film that represents a normalized queer experience after all these years. I honestly don’t watch a lot of lgbt media these days. Always roles or caricatures around being closeted, hypersexualized, suicidal, bullied, dysfunctional relationships — all you mentioned. 

CautiousLurker

I found that scene, and by extension the whole thing, uncomfortable - you don't hire an actor like Mark Wahlberg for a role like that - unprecedented violent outbursts is his lane, keep him in it :crossed:

Pennywise

He's gonna do what :messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Helxig
8 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Amen! Social change and representation can be so very slow. I can’t think of any quality film that represents a normalized queer experience after all these years. I honestly don’t watch a lot of lgbt media these days. Always roles or caricatures around being closeted, hypersexualized, suicidal, bullied, dysfunctional relationships — all you mentioned. 

They portray us and our lives as being so f.ucked up, and yeah, that might be the reality a lot of the time, but it's not healthy for us to grow up having that reinforced by media.

I think Schitt's Creek was the first time I'd seen a popular mainstream show that portrayed a gay relationship as totally and completely normalised. And that's because Dan Levy who wrote it is gay himself, and made a specific point of writing it that way for this exact reason. We need more of this

weed

oh wow, the trailer made me cry lol looks like a great movie

i want to cry from how sweet this looks, but i am also turned on by mistah mark :bradley: :lolly: 

also him singing born this way :pray: the way we won :tony:

mean girls feelings GIF

@Kimmo @COOOK help me here :giveup:

You chew beef, I wear meat.

• Admin changed the title to Mark Wahlberg sings “Born This Way“ in new film

Archived