society

Canada Aims To Complete Full Vaccination By July... Aims 90% Vaccination

Featured Posts

Economy
5 hours ago, FATCAT said:

The contrast between pre-Biden covid and post-Biden covid is wild. I swear the US is light years ahead of the world with the vaxx rollout, so much so that we’re donating millions to other countries, yet we were the laughing stock at the start under Trump. Wild.

Hes been doing a really good job. Although the US having so many doses was due to a number of different contractual factors much of it having nothing to do with Biden... 

But logistically speaking Biden hes managed it well on the Federal side from what ive seen

The US is actually donating to Canada as well (1 Million doses of moderna) but im honestly not sure what were gonna do with it all. Were giving away doses also now cuz we have more than we need 

We have 38M ppl and ordered 400M doses so theres only gonna be more surplus going forward just like in the US

Economy
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GregJA said:

In my province we all become eligible June 24th for 2nd dose (as long as enough time has passed between doses) 

I’m really really hoping to get my second Pfizer asap - but the delay in Pfizer doses has me sad - but I hope to just get it over with within the next couple weeks 

I got mine May 20 or 22 (i forget which but it was on a saturday if i check calender id remember)

Anyway imma make sure theres a gap of at least 40 days pass before i take 2nd shot. The immunity effectiveness is boosted with a bigger gap than the trialed 21 days and with the delta variant dominant in my city i want max protection!

Mind u the gap makes a bigger difference for older people than young people but still

Edited by Economy
Economy
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Is there any information on vaccines percentage they uses in Canada? Wanna see if they uses Moderna, Pfizer and AZ evenly :sis:

In the USA, we mainly use Pfizer and Moderna. AZ is not approved because back then the trial still going, but then we got enough dosage on Moderna and Pfizer, so I guess they Gov just forgot ir dropped about AZ altogether since? and J&J have stopped production for now. 

Pfizer has been the overwhemingly majority of shots. Not sure the exact percentages id have to try and find it

J&J only sent a small shipment so far which never got released cuz of possible manufacturing tainting

Astra Zeneca at first was approved for older people but got discontinued after a short while cuz of the clots. Only that small geoup of people who already got 1 shot of AZ most provinces are allowing a 2nd shot of it for the people who dont want to mix vaccines otherwise its not being used anymore.

Moderna for the longer time was delaying shipments and sending smaller batched than promised cuz they were behind. This month is gonna be the first time they send more than a couple million

So the vast majority has been pfizer

If i broke it down with an educated guess id say its been something like:

- Less than 10% Astrazeneca

- around 20% Moderna

- Over 70% Pfizer

Again thats a rough estimate. If i come across exact percentages ill show u the stats :)

@RAMROD

Edit: the daily vaccination tracker at the bottom shows how many were given in total of each time i didnt know that was there: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.cp24.com/news/2021/6/18/1_5476526.html

Pfizer: 18.51M doses given

Moderna: 4.87M doses given

Astrazeneca: 2.18M doses given

My educated guess percentages were pretty close :ladyhaha:

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1
Economy
2 hours ago, homomo said:

Meanwhile I’m not due the first dose until August/September :cryga:

:noparty:

GregJA
On 6/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, Economy said:

I got mine May 20 or 22 (i forget which but it was on a saturday if i check calender id remember)

Anyway imma make sure theres a gap of at least 40 days pass before i take 2nd shot. The immunity effectiveness is boosted with a bigger gap than the trialed 21 days and with the delta variant dominant in my city i want max protection!

Mind u the gap makes a bigger difference for older people than young people but still

I got mine Monday may 17th :vegas:

so I’ll be 38 days (5 weeks and a bit) if I got it the 24th (which I won’t cause that’s just eligibility date) I’m aiming  for the 5-6 weeks between doses for maximum effect 

Mr. No Award Winner 2020
Economy
10 minutes ago, GregJA said:

I got mine Monday may 17th :vegas:

so I’ll be 38 days (5 weeks and a bit) if I got it the 24th (which I won’t cause that’s just eligibility date) I’m aiming  for the 5-6 weeks between doses for maximum effect 

Same. I got mine May 22 but i wanna leave over a month gap for max benefit might as well

I mean the longer gap seems to he more relevant for older ppl but still, i assume for younger ppl it still helps somewhat