💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi’s family has adjusted to non-binary pronouns

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Benji
34 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

The experience of this ultra rich, privileged and entitled non-binary person is far removed from my experience growing up as a poor gay boy in a rural town where I was literally the ONLY "other", and the climb I had to do on my own to make a life for myself after escaping that small town.

I appreciate that there is room for everyone and their stories, but I'm not going to sit here and clap for this rich white pop star because their family is using their correct pronouns. The world is on fire, trans people are being murdered every day, LGBTQ+ rights and protections are being challenged and dismantled 24/7 ...and Demi is using their platform to talk about themselves. AGAIN.

They get zero of my pity or support. Next.

Agreed 120%

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy

Wonderful to hear their family is supporting of their new pronouns. Im sure its taken some getting used to on the families part, but soon enough it'll be natural!

I see the haters are still seething though :billie:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

HuffsAhoy
11 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

When will Gagadaily??

Never because non-binary phobia, much like transphobia, is allowed to run rampant here :yennefer:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

js4754394o9823
56 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

The experience of this ultra rich, privileged and entitled non-binary person is far removed from my experience growing up as a poor gay boy in a rural town where I was literally the ONLY "other", and the climb I had to do on my own to make a life for myself after escaping that small town.

I appreciate that there is room for everyone and their stories, but I'm not going to sit here and clap for this rich white pop star because their family is using their correct pronouns. The world is on fire, trans people are being murdered every day, LGBTQ+ rights and protections are being challenged and dismantled 24/7 ...and Demi is using their platform to talk about themselves. AGAIN.

They get zero of my pity or support. Next.

Yes Demi is privileged, it's probably easier for them than most of us

But don't you think that celebrity being open about their identity, talking about family being supportive can eventually help someone too?

It's a form of representation, it's important

You don't need to clap for them, no one is expecting you to

But some poor kid can hear about this and whatever is happening to them, maybe have at least some hope for a better future, because they are going to see that it is possible to be queer, happy and accepted by people you love

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

BUtterfield 8

Demi threads need to be banned at this point bc y’all don’t know how to act 

765.jpg

Cookie Tookie

Haven’t seen anyone wish death on anybody yet in this thread. Wow, we’ve made progress. 

BUtterfield 8
6 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Haven’t seen anyone wish death on anybody yet in this thread. Wow, we’ve made progress. 

There was a death threat in a Demi thread?

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Reality said:

Do some of y'all just refresh GGD to see if any new Demi Lovato threads pop up and reply with snarky gifs all day?

I legitimately don't understand why there is so much vitriol around them. Just because you don't like them personally doesn't mean that you can invalidate their experience and/or identity. 

Thank you... this is absolutely... :wtf: . Imagine writing a whole dissertation about how demi is white and rich when they're just saying their family adopted their pronouns... is it not tiring to be this negative for no reason

chaeri pls

littlepotter
15 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Yes Demi is privileged, it's probably easier for them than most of us

But don't you think that celebrity being open about their identity, talking about family being supportive can eventually help someone too?

It's a form of representation, it's important

You don't need to clap for them, no one is expecting you to

But some poor kid can hear about this and whatever is happening to them, maybe have at least some hope for a better future, because they are going to see that it is possible to be queer, happy and accepted by people you love

My little sister, who just over a year ago was homophobic like every other person in our environment (middle east), recently became supportive of the LGBTQ and actually asked me how she should refer to Demi, all because she stans them. So yes, you're absolutely right, representation does have a huge impact, even if it only impacted one person that means that I now have someone safe in my family I can possibly come out to. Some of yall don't understand how huge this is and how important for "rich celebrities" to be vocal about it. But sure what's better than ranting and dragging someone on Gagadaily for reaction points. 

chaeri pls

Cookie Tookie
10 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

There was a death threat in a Demi thread?

Umm, a user was literally telling multiple people to die because “they’re not respecting Demi”. 

Hyperballad

The way they literally just said "my family members are being really supportive, it’s cool!" and everyone here is spinning it to sound like they called the cops at Stonewall, criminalized homosexuality nationwide, and said the F-slur… :rip: I don’t even like Demi but settle down y’all jeez :poot:

Cameltoe Chariot

All I'll say is representation doesn't matter when trans kids are getting forced genital examinations in order to participate in sports, or when queer people are being denied housing because of who they are, or trans women are being murdered without even a blip in the media.

So many of us are more invested in seeing our reflection in media than actual progress and legal protections for our community. It's honestly alarming.

Anyway... congrats Demi :awkney:

Archived