💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi’s family has adjusted to non-binary pronouns

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“When it comes to family, Lovato said relatives have "done an incredible job" adjusting.

"I’ve noticed [older sister, Dallas] using 'them' and 'they' and it just, it really does warm my heart up that people are trying," Lovato said. "I used to identify family as blood-related, and now my queer family has become more family than friends. And I feel like I now have two families. I have my blood relatives and then I have my queer family, and that family to me is the chosen family."”

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameltoe Chariot

I'm so glad this multi-millionaire american has a supportive family comfortable with switching to they/them pronouns :triggered: now pass the microphone or start advocating for your community Demi.

enissa11

of course because demi pay their bills hahaha just even dare to misgender them and they'll see!

Mad Architect of Light

Reality

Do some of y'all just refresh GGD to see if any new Demi Lovato threads pop up and reply with snarky gifs all day?

I legitimately don't understand why there is so much vitriol around them. Just because you don't like them personally doesn't mean that you can invalidate their experience and/or identity. 

🖤👹

Reality
21 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

I'm so glad this multi-millionaire american has a supportive family comfortable with switching to they/them pronouns :triggered: now pass the microphone or start advocating for your community Demi.

Just because you have money doesn't mean sh*t. Their experience as a member of the LGBTQ community is still valid and it's always a good thing to see families being supportive of their relatives who are LGBTQ. God knows we need more accepting people.

They can share their own experience while still advocating for the community.

🖤👹

LadyEnigma

i don't get all the negativity around their pronouns, you don't have to like them but you need to respect how they identify

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, Reality said:

Just because you have money doesn't mean sh*t. Their experience as a member of the LGBTQ community is still valid and it's always a good thing to see families being supportive of their relatives who are LGBTQ. God knows we need more accepting people.

They can share their own experience while still advocating for the community.

The experience of this ultra rich, privileged and entitled non-binary person is far removed from my experience growing up as a poor gay boy in a rural town where I was literally the ONLY "other", and the climb I had to do on my own to make a life for myself after escaping that small town.

I appreciate that there is room for everyone and their stories, but I'm not going to sit here and clap for this rich white pop star because their family is using their correct pronouns. The world is on fire, trans people are being murdered every day, LGBTQ+ rights and protections are being challenged and dismantled 24/7 ...and Demi is using their platform to talk about themselves. AGAIN.

They get zero of my pity or support. Next.

Glamourpuss

If you don't like Demi please just move on to another thread. It's good that they have a fully accepting and supportive family who are understanding of their pronouns. And Demi's talking about their queer friends that have become family. It's pride month so be kind about it. 

Arcadia
21 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

of course because demi pay their bills hahaha just even dare to misgender them and they'll see!

They would’ve yogurt shop’ed them! :bear:

Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

The experience of this ultra rich, privileged and entitled non-binary person is far removed from my experience growing up as a poor gay boy in a rural town where I was literally the ONLY "other", and the climb I had to do on my own to make a life for myself after escaping that small town.

I appreciate that there is room for everyone and their stories, but I'm not going to sit here and clap for this rich white pop star because their family is using their correct pronouns. The world is on fire, trans people are being murdered every day, LGBTQ+ rights and protections are being challenged and dismantled 24/7 ...and Demi is using their platform to talk about themselves. AGAIN.

Demi isn't some regular rich white person though. They've suffered with real problems that almost resulted in them dying. You could do with extending your empathy to people who are insecure and have mental health issues. It doesn't matter how rich or talented you are, you can still feel depressed, inadequate and you can still feel the urge to self harm and self sabotage. 

Demi seems to be in the process of finding their true self and understanding who they are. For someone who is as insecure as they are who doesn't like themselves it takes alot of work. I just think you could be kind about it and not compare their struggles to yours. 

Reality
24 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Doesn't mean that they can't have problems in their home lives though. I understand, Demi is in a position where they're more privledged than other LGBTQ people, but that doesn't invalidate their experiences. All LGBTQ people have a common understanding of feeling "othered" and I think it's kinda pointless to feel like only some LGBTQ people get your support.

Money doesn't solve all problems. We've heard Gaga talk about this numerous times. People can talk about their experiences AND advocate for others. They're not mutally exclusive. 

We don't need infighting in the LGBTQ community when this world's already against us. 

🖤👹

Archived