💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi’s family has adjusted to non-binary pronouns

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ToxicHot

How cute. Wish I had a supportive family. :( 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya I thought this was sweet to hear... I spent most of the last week getting misgendered and misnamed constantly by one of the few people I've come out to, no matter how much I gently pushed back on that, so it was reassuring to see not everybody gets the same indecent treatment. And that maybe it's worthwhile to keep trying and find other people who are more supportive / less dismissive and go forward with additional / more medical aspects of transition instead of totally retreating back in the closet socially.

Idk it felt nice to see a nice outcome for someone for once, is all I'm saying :deadbanana:

⚡🐲

Reality
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

Thank you... this is absolutely... :wtf: . Imagine writing a whole dissertation about how demi is white and rich when they're just saying their family adopted their pronouns... is it not tiring to be this negative for no reason

It's upsetting because many of us here are LGBTQ, so many of us should know better than to minimize someone else's journey or experience being LGBTQ. Like, if you don't like them personally, fine. I'm not even a fan of Demi, but it's alarming that people are hateful and aggressive towards them.

🃏🖤👹

ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, Reality said:

Do some of y'all just refresh GGD to see if any new Demi Lovato threads pop up and reply with snarky gifs all day?

I legitimately don't understand why there is so much vitriol around them. Just because you don't like them personally doesn't mean that you can invalidate their experience and/or identity. 

It’s because they’ve queerbaited before and this feels like it’s solely to repackage their image after the whole yogurt thing. Part of me seriously doubts they’re NB.

she also makes it very hard for people with ED’s to talk about their issues. Demi has made it into a victimhood thing and only uses it to bring attention to herself and not advocate for actual awareness.

its “me me me” constantly when if their actually gonna advocate, it should never be.

Reality
16 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

It’s because they’ve queerbaited before and this feels like it’s solely to repackage their image after the whole yogurt thing. Part of me seriously doubts they’re NB.

she also makes it very hard for people with ED’s to talk about their issues. Demi has made it into a victimhood thing and only uses it to bring attention to herself and not advocate for actual awareness.

its “me me me” constantly when if their actually gonna advocate, it should never be.

I never followed the whole yogurt debacle. I don't know what they said, and frankly, I don't care because I don't think it should invalidate their experience as a non-binary person. I also just don't think they're the type of person to "fake" being non-binary. I mean, from what I've seen of Demi in the past—cause I don't really follow them—they seem genuine.

And I mean...when a big famous popstar who used to be a child star "all of a sudden" (to the majority of the population) "becomes" non-binary, then of course people are going to ask them questions. Non-binary gender identities are still something that people are getting used to. If people want to ask about their experience, then you can't blame that on Demi.

I mean, they're not a pedophile, they didn't murder someone, they didn't rob a bank, they aren't participating in human tracking. They're literally just a pop star sharing their experiences being non-binary. I don't get why people act like they literally killed a kid on national television or something. If people think they're annoying, okay, whatever, but that still shouldn't invalidate their identity.

🃏🖤👹

Pennywise
1 hour ago, ToxicHot said:

How cute. Wish I had a family. :( 

I fixed it for me :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Lilbit

Demi threads always attract the disrespectful trash. It’s nice seeing exactly which members behave like this. 

ProfessionalClown
5 hours ago, Reality said:

I never followed the whole yogurt debacle. I don't know what they said, and frankly, I don't care because I don't think it should invalidate their experience as a non-binary person. I also just don't think they're the type of person to "fake" being non-binary. I mean, from what I've seen of Demi in the past—cause I don't really follow them—they seem genuine.

And I mean...when a big famous popstar who used to be a child star "all of a sudden" (to the majority of the population) "becomes" non-binary, then of course people are going to ask them questions. Non-binary gender identities are still something that people are getting used to. If people want to ask about their experience, then you can't blame that on Demi.

I mean, they're not a pedophile, they didn't murder someone, they didn't rob a bank, they aren't participating in human tracking. They're literally just a pop star sharing their experiences being non-binary. I don't get why people act like they literally killed a kid on national television or something. If people think they're annoying, okay, whatever, but that still shouldn't invalidate their identity.

Nobody is invalidating their identity, and if they are, they’re a$$holes. The issue is they have a history of queerbaiting and doing things to uphold their image. They used their overdose not as a way to promote drug abuse awareness until this Dancing With The Devil and before that it was a grab for sympathy. They made it about “me me feel bad for me” instead of spreading awareness. I’m not saying they should’ve right after the issue, but a lot of time passed and they kinda used it just for sympathy and milked it for all it was worth for their own good and not really wanting to help others.

same with their ED’s and self harm. They rarely ever talked about it outside of a selfish way and never really did a lot of activism to spread awareness as well.

im not saying that they should do those things but when you call yourself an “activist” for those things, you’d expect someone to do all that ya know?

For the queerbaiting, Cool For The Summer was a pretty easy one right there. It just kinda came at a time when they were getting a little bit of flack for body shaming skinny girls by saying they aren’t “real bodies” and such. They were like “omg im bi guys”. Same with the non-binary thing and the yogurt debacle. It just feels forced and not genuine at all. 

ProfessionalClown
7 hours ago, PEZ said:

Ya I thought this was sweet to hear... I spent most of the last week getting misgendered and misnamed constantly by one of the few people I've come out to, no matter how much I gently pushed back on that, so it was reassuring to see not everybody gets the same indecent treatment. And that maybe it's worthwhile to keep trying and find other people who are more supportive / less dismissive and go forward with additional / more medical aspects of transition instead of totally retreating back in the closet socially.

Idk it felt nice to see a nice outcome for someone for once, is all I'm saying :deadbanana:

What are your pronouns btw so I don’t misgender bc I’ve seen you comment more frequently so just in case :legend:

Shale101
16 hours ago, Reality said:

Doesn't mean that they can't have problems in their home lives though. I understand, Demi is in a position where they're more privledged than other LGBTQ people, but that doesn't invalidate their experiences. All LGBTQ people have a common understanding of feeling "othered" and I think it's kinda pointless to feel like only some LGBTQ people get your support.

Money doesn't solve all problems. We've heard Gaga talk about this numerous times. People can talk about their experiences AND advocate for others. They're not mutally exclusive. 

We don't need infighting in the LGBTQ community when this world's already against us. 

Do you support Caitlyn Jenner?  

Savage

This is sweet, give them a break! Gaga is literally the Queen of Kindness and many of us do not follow in our footsteps. Let’s be better 💕

Archived