💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Henry Cavill's gf Natalie apologises for photos from 2008 Namibia trip

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

44390509-9701301-EXCLUSIVE_Henry_Cavill_

Natalie Viscuso ,31, (Henry Cavill's  girlfriend) who earned fame for appearing in a 2005 episode of the MTV reality show My Super Sweet 16
was accused of 'cultural appropriation' after pictures show emerged of her dressed in east African tribal attire and her skin coloured from neck down.

The images were taken from a 2008 MTV reality show when she was just 18 and she spent time with an African tribe in Namibia who dressed her in native clothing.

She  has publicly apologised :
'Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm sorry if this image surfacing has caused any offense. It is a photo from 2008 for a TV show in Namibia.
'The tribe I was living with painted my skin as part of an initiation ceremony and an acceptance into their culture.
'Never in a million years did I think that this would be offensive, in fact, I felt honored that they would initiate me
'However, with the lessons that we are all learning in today's climate, it is important that I recognize that this is potentially hurtful. My deepest and most sincere apologies.' 

44390461-9701301-image-a-88_162402740272

Despite her apology, industry insiders are branding the controversial campaign to remove Henry Cavill from The Witcher for photos his girlfriend did 13 years before they even met.
A petition was created in a bid to force Netflix to drop the Superman star.  https://www.change.org/p/black-lives-matter-replace-henry-cavill-on-netflix-s-the-witcher
44390587-9701301-image-a-83_162402679005
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Living

No but that’s some twisted s***. 

I would go after the producers more then her tho, it’s likely she was told by them to do this. 

weed

ofc my first thought seeing it is like "omg yikes" but if the people living there wanted to do that for initiation, and she was like umm.. no thanks I feel like that would've been disrespectful? 

RainingOnMe

:toofunny:

Edit: Ok so the tribe painted her and dressed her in that outfit. Plus she didn't profit off of it so I'm not sure how it's cultural appropriation. :air: This is peak "cancel culture"

Bonkers

Hello white lady, we want to initiate you and ask you to kindly pose for our bottled water company so we can go viral on social media

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

River

It's henna lol  :toofunny:

and why Henry needs to pay for this

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

boyerased

if the people there were fine with it honestly it’s okay with me… it really bugs me when the west dictates the definition of what is cultural appropriation. There are cultures who’d take pride when you’re wearing their clothes for example. 

Chromatography

if the tribe actually painted her body that color out of some tradition or something, then the white libs keyboard crusading on their computers need to calm down. who gives them the authority on everything?

thatfoxyfeeling

Honestly just reading the description of the petition says it all really. There’s so many miserable people wanting to see other people who are successful and happy be cancelled. It’s really sad how far people will go, she was 18 and it was part of the initiation ceremony. 

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

He can beg me for an apology all he wants, on your knees Henry! 

393a3d5bc3fcfe3cad91025a5c6ab652c0237eab

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Archived