💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eilish is unfortunately a one-hit wonder

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Meghan had hits but only for an era and a half. 💀

So far Billie has had multiple hits. If she keeps that momentum beyond this era we will see but she is not a one hit wonder. :smh: 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111

I don't mind Billie but I'm certainly no stan. After looking up all those songs that are her hits, they are sound very samey.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that non-stans won't be able to tell the difference between her songs.

I think the question that this thread really brings is... when an artist is popular enough to have their entire album get millions and millions of streams... does that mean they have multiple hits? I don't know, hard question imo.

alsemanche
37 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

You know what the real barometer is? She has no cross-generational appeal. She is a Gen-Z act and that's where her reach ends.

Nobody millennial and older is here for her whisper ****. Sorry to say. :bear:

Now we're just saying anything :fail:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

TheSlash

When I scrolled through my IG yesterday and Billie had a picture of her subtitled "I'm tired" with then over 11M likes :green:.

She has over 130M followers on the relevant platforms, has several multi-platinum songs, has had her own documentary at the age of 19, swept major Grammy awards two years in a row, has a song for Bond movie under her belt, has a sold-out world tour for an album that's not even released yet and her debut album was streamed over 7 billion times on Spotify alone.

But yeah, she's a one hit wonder

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Ew, David!

Runway

She hasn’t had a smash like bad guy this era but Therefore I Am was big. Also Everything i wanted which was a stand alone track

chromatic puzea

i mean by definition no she isn't but i agree with the overall message

outside of gen z and online, people don't really know who she is

i could ask my grandparents if they knew who BTS is and they'd have no clue yet they have huge streaming numbers

her fans love her lots but in the GP she doesn't have a huge impact and that's okay

she's found her niche and her fans have found her

not every artist needs to appeal to everyone or have a thousand grammys

i personally don't think artist last if they don't have artistic progression but i still think billie is a great artist with many great songs

i think as the younger generation gets older though we could see billie going into huge super stardom

i just hope the best for ma billie girllie

I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT 

Anderson123

She has a lot of hits and like 6 or 8 Grammys now lol. She's not a one hit wonder.

1 hour ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

I’m not mad about it though:ladyhaha: I think modern pop is getting a much needed disco revival ,thnx Dulo peep

You mean thanks Daft Punk.

PartySick
41 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

and po-po-po-poker face popopoker-face?

I feel like Poker Face isn't as "iconic" or "memorable" as Bad Romance and Shallow :oprah: at least to the GP.

Now a days, if someone mentions Gaga to a non-fan they'll either belt Shallow or do the claws and sing Bad Romance's hook wrong (rah rah ruhruhruh) :derpga:

🖤

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Staryu17 said:

Umm, what about "Therefore I Am", "When The Party is Over", "Everyone I wanted", "Bury a Friend"... ☠️

op  @ those songs

Nervous Women GIF by Worcester Warriors

Pretty Please
1 hour ago, PussPuss said:

She is def not that popular in real life. 

Is that a metric youve just plucked out of your ass or? Cos if you said her name to anyone ages 6-26 people would know who she is lol

ToxicHot

Unfortunately that’s not true....

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

GipJo

She is not by definition a OHW, but I can see her fall if she doesn't transition herself once she is no longer cool in GenZ's eyes, which is quite short a window for her, puberty is over soon.

Also her sound is falling short rn because her brother control her too much, if she doesn't learn how to produce and control her artistry all by herself, there is no many legs for her to stand on once she  is on her own.

We all see big debut before, and we all see One-Album-Wonder before, I won't be surprised if she is, time will tell.

Chlorine Sevigny
6 minutes ago, Pretty Please said:

Is that a metric youve just plucked out of your ass or? Cos if you said her name to anyone ages 6-26 people would know who she is lol

6 year olds do not know Billie Eyelash lol.

And... so what? She's a fad, plain and simple. Fame ≠ talent or impact. No one older than Gen-Z cares about her. We have real legends to stan. :flower:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived