💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eilish is unfortunately a one-hit wonder

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Naak Le Vaar
7 hours ago, PartySick said:

And when you ask a random person about Gaga they'll either go "rah rah ruh ruh ruh" or "SHALALALALALALOWWW" but she's far from a one hit wonder too :laughga:

Oh you don't even sound like a Gaga stan at this point. People know Paparazzi and Alejandro those were v popular too.

Lmao they blocked my signature

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luna Lovegood

bruh she’s only 19 she still have time to grow as an artist, she’s not going anywhere trust and believe!

luna’s advocate

Ivannn

And people wanted her to win/or still hope she will win an Oscar for Bond song 😅😅

She and her brother are very talented.  She may be a one mega-hit wonder but she really is not a one hit wonder.  Besides, she's young and has many more years of work to do.  And by the way, the Grammys are not a measure of success, because it is not determined by public opinion.  🤷‍♂️

Electronic Pop Music Producer 🎹🎸🎶

Married the Night

Has she peaked? Probably. It certainly not a one hit wonder. 

Varys
3 hours ago, thedirtymonster said:

I've never heard of these songs. This isn't a sarcastic post. I honestly haven't heard of these songs.

Okay gagadaily user thedirtymonster hasn’t heard these songs therefore it wasn’t a hit. 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Fingerella

Its kind of early to tell that tbh and arent one hit wonders supposed to only have one hit like that girl that sang thousand miles? 

Pennywise

Oooooh lil kindness "monsters" are at it again :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

POPLOVER

Guys I think things change so what we used to call “one HIT wonder” should be renamed “one ERA wonder”. A lot of new artists, thanks to streaming services and the new gen’s devotion, tend to become THE MOMENT. So it’s pretty easy to see them getting one hit after another, like with Billie who is absolutely NOT a one hit wonder BUT looking at her new era she appears to be a one ERA wonder: recently everything, the music, the quality and the success has been nowhere near to her previous era. 
Olivia might be another example, now she’s having and probably will have one hit after another but what will happen with her next era? Will she still be THE MOMENT? People in general are very changeable, young people even more, so only time will tell but I’m pretty sure she will face the same scenario of Billie. 
Now let’s spread this new definition, we need to stick to the times, let’s start speaking about eras, the “one HIT wonder” times are over:ohwell:

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Levine said:

That's the damage Spotify does to these poor artists. 3x platinum thanks to 90% of streaming and they think they released the new thriller, but the GP doesn't even know their names. 

But this doesn’t actually have much substance as an argument. Uptown Funk was a generation crossing hit song. Yes. But that same year, The Hills by The Weeknd was a MASSIVE sales and streaming force and ended up being one of 2015’s biggest hits.

Uptown Funk’s cross-generational appeal doesn’t invalidate the fact that The Hills was a huge hit song, it was just one that younger people and people who consume music in more of an internet based fashion knew and loved.

Billie is a gen-z artist. She’s been releasing music as long as Spotify has been the biggest form of music consumption on this planet. Her massive success on the forum doesn’t mean her music should be perceived as being less successful than something that’s selling like crazy or getting huge radio buzz, because frankly that’s an extremely old fashioned and outdated way of measuring music success and impact. 

At the end of the day, a 3x platinum certified single with over a billion streams is a hit song, no matter how you look at it.  

While i’m on the topic of Billie being a Gen-Z artist, I want to clarify the fact that her appealing to mostly young people doesn’t mean she isn’t a MASSIVE star. Adele’s don’t grown on trees.

Nirvana, Alanis Morisette, Lauryn Hill, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, etc. are all artists who benefited from the fact that their fan bases were teens/young adults when they debuted, meaning they were able to be ushered into the conversations of being some of the all-time greats when their fans grew up. I’m not saying the same is going to happen to Billie, only time can determine that, but it’s not fair to cite this as a reason that she isn’t a big star. It’s yet another argument that holds very little substance. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

pedrohemg

Her fans switched to Olivia Rodrigo. And in some months, those same fans will abandon Olivia. This is the cycle of these new girls. They can't last longer.

Killa

Shes a spotify star. Even one hit wonders dont really exist anymore. But shes not carly jepsen or las ketchup. She made a name for herself. Tho i say this new album is a flop, i see no waves whatsoever

gstring
12 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

When you make laundry list of Gaga songs with no Gaga name attached on it, GP people will recognize them. There’s the difference and that’s what I meant.

she's really popular in the GP especially among younger people... i mean u can't compare ur experience with others...

and u just making assumptions about that, i'm sure a lot of ppl knew who billie eillish is

Little little

Lmao she's the 13th most played artist on Spotify right now, where are you getting this

• Admin locked this topic

Archived