Billie Eilish is unfortunately a one-hit wonder

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thedirtymonster
5 hours ago, Staryu17 said:

Umm, what about "Therefore I Am", "When The Party is Over", "Everyone I wanted", "Bury a Friend"... ☠️

I've never heard of these songs. This isn't a sarcastic post. I honestly haven't heard of these songs.

FentyGa

bad guy and everything i wanted are both hits

but yeah, other than that, everything else has been underperforming. that said, she is a cultural phenomenon. britney wasn’t doing well on the charts until 2008, but she was a phenomenon 

YoungWildCanadian

I think we have to admit sometimes... a lot of us Gaga fans are getting older... and we’re not always going to appreciate the younger generation... but let’s not go around calling multiplatinum artists one hit wonders. God forbid we act like Madonna fans and start bashing the younger generation and their faves. I hope that doesn’t come across as shade because I totally get where you’re coming from. But Billie is no one hit wonder. And she’s very much still at the start of a massive career. 

YoungWildCanadian

whoresup

While she is not a one hit wonder I can see your point. @Gagz4GagaThe launching singles for this record have had more of a muted response and she’s getting a bit of online backlash so it’ll be interesting to see how the album does. 

Bolkins

One hit wonder I don’t think so. But is she becoming that kind of annoying Artisté who has an inversion to having hit records, like she was practically forced to write bad guy so they’d have at least one smash. I think she’s more than capable of having hits but she just doesn’t want to do music like that, it’s her career if she wants to last 5 minutes that’s up to her 

HelloBarbara

She’s really not.

Ocean Eyes

Lovely

Bellyache

Idontwannabeyouanymore

You Should See Me in a Crown

When the Party’s Over

Bury a Friend

All the Good Girls Go to Hell

Everything I Wanted

My Future

Therefore I Am

all want a word

Hiiieee

GucciGa
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Majority of mods are Muricans, they sleeps at these hours. Give it time.

Also, you are in danger too for discussing moderation. :green:

Huh? Don't know what you're talking abouttttt 😶😶😶

😇

TheSlash
3 hours ago, Medusa said:

Did you read the comments on it though :(

The tide is turning on her now sadly as she is very young to deal with such a backlash after being the IT girl for a while, I dont think she's a one hit wonder, she might be a 1 album wonder though

I just read some comments and omg, are they really pressed about her "I love girls" post?

They need to chiiiiilllllll :lmao:

Ew, David!

RahrahWitch

Just because she hasn't had the colossal success of her last album doesn't mean she's a one hit wonder.

Yes, Her recent singles haven't made the impact people expected but she's still doing pretty well.

Economy

If u mean big hits on the charts and radio maybe although she has other internet and streaming hits too which should count also.

But regardless her career is too big and shes too relevant for me to think of her as a one hit wonder tbh.

Even if she has no more big hit singles, when i think of a 1 hit wonder i also think of an artist that has their moment and comes and goes which is not Billie Eillish

It really depends on ur definition of 1 hit wonder. I can agree potentially she might be if ur purely talking about chart toppers (or top 10s). 

But by most considerations shes not what most ppl think of when they think "one hit wonder"

BornAsUnic0rn
6 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

tumblr_pznmd7QtLi1wf5511o1_500.gif

Name at least 3 famous artists who have been influenced by Billie’s sound and fashion 

quickly  :triggered:

Ummm.. have you heard new music at all? I’m not even a Billie fan but her musical style and her vocal delivery has swapped into most major releases.

The thing with Gaga 2008-9 had a lot to do with luck. Gaga, Guetta and the Black Eyed Peas had a huge impact with more electronic dance music. Yes. But it was something that was already starting to take off, more and more included in pop and waiting to happen. None of it was new, they just were the first in a long time to have incredibly huge success with it, and others followed. 

Gaga had a huge impact, yes. But musically it was a mix of quality product and great luck & timing. She had a far bigger impact with fashion, aesthetic and performance style.

Everyone wanted to know who that girl was and where she got those nerves to perform, act and dress like that as a “nobody”/newcomer.

Economy
2 hours ago, thedirtymonster said:

I've never heard of these songs. This isn't a sarcastic post. I honestly haven't heard of these songs.

They were bigger internet hit. Check their streams and youtube views thry were pretty solid... but the GP wouldnt have heard it on radio and stuff much

Levine

That's the damage Spotify does to these poor artists. 3x platinum thanks to 90% of streaming and they think they released the new thriller, but the GP doesn't even know their names. 

Helxig

Flamebait 🙄

None of this bs matters

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived