💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Michael Costello posts open letter to Leona Lewis 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

7ed8592e57e548b3a182f27701978c83_md.jpg

Designer Michael Costello shared an open letter to musician Leona Lewis, after the singer said she was "deeply hurt" by Costello's behavior at a fitting with her for a charity event in 2014.

She claimed the two were paired for the event by organizers, but was left feeling "very awkward and uncomfortable" after Costello and his team "clearly did not want to alter" the dress to fit her body. Lewis said she "was so humiliated by it all" and decided to speak out because his comments about Chrissy Teigen allegedly bullying him felt like "the pot calling the kettle black."

After releasing a statement to TMZ in response to Lewis, Costello took to his Instagram to address her directly with a lengthy letterbeginning with "Dear Leona."

"I reached out to you directly in an Instagram DM after seeing your Instagram Stories, but I have yet to hear from you," he wrote. "Given that you have publicly shared your experience with me on Instagram without coming to me privately first, I have no choice but to respond to you here as I tried reaching out to you privately without much luck."

He wrote that he was "really surprised" to hear about her experience with him at the 2014 event, saying he believed the two "had a wonderful time at the fitting." He claimed she said she "absolutely loved the dresses" and said he's dressed her many times since. Costello said the most recent request from her team came as recently as May 2021.

"I don't take accusations of body shaming lightly, as I have built a career as celebrating diverse women of all shapes and sizes. But if I did unintentionally hurt you, and you continued to support me, I want to apologize to you directly," he continued. "This caught me by surprise, I am completely blindsided, as you have always looked fabulous in my gowns, and I thought you truly loved them."

b50bd720a2694a2d8af33992875c13a8_md.jpg

He expressed disappointment that she never reached out to him directly, especially during a time where he was "not in a good mental state of mind." He said, "I wish you spoke to me directly instead of on Instagram, especially when I am at my most vulnerable moment. After years of trauma and getting blacklisted with receipts shown to me by my friends and allies, I have been suicidal and often feel no purpose to live."

"I pray your intentions are pure, and that you're not acting recklessly in an attempt to smear me and all the dresses I created for you to save a friend," he continued. "If you were in my position, I'm sure you would equally be as shocked. Someone who has continuously reached out to ask for more dresses, someone who has supported you, worn you, tagged you, all of a sudden comes out and say that you hurt them 7 years ago."

He concluded his post writing, "Whenever you're ready, I'm here. Let's have a heart-to-heart-conversation."

In addition to the letter, he also shared an alleged screen shot of an e-mail exchange between someone assisting Lewis' stylist for an event in 2021, and of a post she shared in 2015 in which she said she felt "so sassy" in one of his designs. "Leona I am still a fan and I am not coming for you. But let's talk about what you were feeling about this dress I thought you were happy," he added.

Source

ProdigyARTPOP

why is he being a messy gay,

all these celebs need to learn how to just go back to doing their jobs, all this drama is annoying honestly at this point 

Bonkers

It's odd Leona Lewis would feel the need to come to Crissy Teigen's defense.   I don't understand why a fit woman would feel "humiliated by it all" because he and his team did not "want to" alter the dress.

If it didn't fit - why would they not want to alter it?  And if it was really uncomfortable and awful - why did she continue to work with him?

Even still, I just don't see it as in the same ballpark is going on attack and threatening to end a career without even listening to the explanation that in the end proved it was false.  

One case is not getting what you want from a designer, the other is a viscious attack and Leona Lewis thinks that's "pot calling the kettle black."  That's obnoxious.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Kadikaado

This was posted already in the morning.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Kadikaado
Just now, Bonkers said:

It's odd Leona Lewis would feel the need to come to Crissy Teigen's defense.   I don't understand why a fit woman would feel "humiliated by it all" because he and his team did not "want to" alter the dress.

If it didn't fit - why would they not want to alter it?  And if it was really uncomfortable and awful - why did she continue to work with him?

Even still, I just don't see it as in the same ballpark is going on attack and threatening to end a career without even listening to the explanation that in the end proved it was false.  

One case is not getting what you want from a designer, the other is a viscious attack and Leona Lewis thinks that's "pot calling the kettle black."  That's obnoxious.

We had more information on this same subject thread this morning, the dress was too small for her, you can fit a bigger dress to a smaller body, but you can't always adjust a small dress to fit a bigger body, he also offered her lot of other options. BTW the celebrities borrow these dresses and pay nothing for them, doesn't sound fair to me alter something you spent your pocket money on for someone to use once and not paying a dime for it, he even flew to fit her on the dress.

They kept being pals for years and worked together other times, seems like she wants some attention from him since he is being a bigger name than her. I think it's disgusting. Michael was always very sweet on Project Runway and if I recall correct he suffered from fat shamming on school.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Squidward T

A bunch of 40 something millionaires airing out there drama in public=pathetic 

Archived