Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people hate Madonna

GagasEarCondom

Featured Posts

GaGaAst

Hating and disrespecting her is a crime.She is a legend since 80s.

You can still respect and dislike her though. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a love/hate relationship with Madonna.  I LOVE many of her songs, especially 2005 and earlier, but she’s always been a mean girl, even WAY before Gaga came on the scene.  That always turned me off big time.  

nodandsmile

I wouldn't go as far as saying "hate"

people just make fun of the cringy sh*t she be doing on social media

now lms can be a hot mess but I never saw them going as far as organizing whole smear campaigns the way Madge stans be doing (especially during ASIB era)... let's not act like it's a one sided beef! 

MonsterofFame
5 hours ago, vixdean said:

First, Madonna has never in her entire career done a Meet & Greet, because, well, that’s beneath a star of her magnitude and she doesn’t need to do it.

Second, the flowers were given to her in a Q&A at the Venice Film Festival for her film.

Third, the flowers were not given by a fan, but by a prankster named Vitalii Sediuk - who targeted several celebs including Kim K, Gigi Hadid, and assualted Will Smith. He knew Madonna hated hydrangeas and did on purpose pretending to be a journalist.

Lastly, as a result of the prank we got the iconic “I absolutely loathe hydrangeas” line, which couldn’t be more Madonna.

So yes, this post is a perfect example of the kind of narrative people create around Madonna because she is a tough and no-bullshit kind of person. I wished there were more celebs like that, instead of the constant whiny and self-victimising personalities that we have today.

Does it matter that it was given at a Q&A instead of a M&G? No. 

Madonna had no idea it was a prank so her behavior is still inexcusable. 

Hate to break it to you, but you sound like a delusional Madonna fan with Stockholm syndrome from her. Although that's how most of her fanbase is, so I can't say I'm surprised.

MonsterofFame
6 hours ago, proxy said:

She said nothing to this fan, she said quietly when this fan was away to person next to her that she dont like that kind of flovers, you think she's rude becouse she don't like some type of flowers, she just being honest, you see what you want to see, but considering how much hate here you all spreading towards her not a surprise! 

Yeah, said so quietly that people in the crowd could hear it as well as being on video. So much so that it became a noteworthy moment in her own fandom in some sick way praising her reaction. Not to mention the eyeroll.

Biden Harris 2024

Honestly, they both have lost a bit of relevancy over the years so I see them as torch bearers. They both don't really affect the charts or command the attention they once did. Madonna was from my generation and she is very special to me in that regard. Gaga did her thing in the 2010's and I'm sure she's special to the twenty somethings. The new gals like Billie and Olivia Rodrigo are where the energy is at now. Let's put this Madonna hate threads to rest.

insight
2 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

BTW many people said the same thing about Madonna in 1989 when she released Expressed Yourself because it sounded too  similar to Respect Yourself by The Pointer Sisters (1987).

The Staple Singers not Pointer Sisters :fan:

Kadikaado
3 minutes ago, insight said:

The Staple Singers not Pointer Sisters :fan:

This is the version that sounds the same, not the old one.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

M i K E Y

they destroyed Michael Jackson and Britney but in al those years, they've never seen Madonna Breaking down. An dthey tried to end her. They don't like a strong Woman.

FFXIV WhiteMage

She’s the queen of bops. I will never hate her. 

Although I also get this diva attitude from her (and from Mariah as well) but I tend to separate the artists from their body of work

srslyepic19

She just comes across as a selfish diva… don’t get me wrong, she has done a lot with her life/career that it might be acceptable - it’s just that we have a lot of artists these days that are on her level but also are never caught being as derogatory towards fans. The video of her saying she loathed hydrangeas that a fan gave her ended any appreciation I had for her. Also her attitude towards born this way shows how much she dislikes Gaga for being “the new her” - to some people the songs sound similar but at the end of the day both of these songs have done so much for the gay community so why not support it instead of hate on it. Also how is something reductive when the lyrics are 1000x more direct and forthcoming with the message?! I didn’t see her at the super bowl saying god made no mistakes towards gays/trans, but I did see her force people to carry her out to lip sync a song dedicated to herself. 

insight
16 minutes ago, srslyepic19 said:

She just comes across as a selfish diva… don’t get me wrong, she has done a lot with her life/career that it might be acceptable - it’s just that we have a lot of artists these days that are on her level but also are never caught being as derogatory towards fans. The video of her saying she loathed hydrangeas that a fan gave her ended any appreciation I had for her. Also her attitude towards born this way shows how much she dislikes Gaga for being “the new her” - to some people the songs sound similar but at the end of the day both of these songs have done so much for the gay community so why not support it instead of hate on it. Also how is something reductive when the lyrics are 1000x more direct and forthcoming with the message?! I didn’t see her at the super bowl saying god made no mistakes towards gays/trans, but I did see her force people to carry her out to lip sync a song dedicated to herself. 

The guy that offered her the hydrangea was not a fan. He's a certified prankster and he knew she hated hydrangeas. He's attacke Kim K, Gigi Hadid, kissed Will Smith, shoved his face inti Clooney's and Brad Pitt's bulge.

ChicaSkas

Shes affected at times but I still love her as the original 3rd generation Italian American blonde bombshell pop singer of our time ( the other two being Gwen and Gaga) .

Sometimes I dont understand why these fanbases feud. There is so much good in both fanbases. So much good in both artists. I love Madonna and Gaga. It doesnt mean I love Gaga less because I love Madonna also. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

One of the things I like about her the most was her honesty in interviews.

She was once asked why she didnt do drugs at parties. She replied, "I want to be in full control of my body."

I loved that line and I hold to that belief myself. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived