Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people hate Madonna

GagasEarCondom

Featured Posts

I absolutely love Madonna's music. I was a fan of her first before being a little monster. And I'm aware of the "feud" her and Gaga had like 10 years ago (which honestly, i think it was just a publicity stunt). I may not like very much her personality, to me she sometimes comes off as kind of rude. But her music is absolute gold. I've loved all of her albums (well, except for MDNA which i thought it was kind of lame and "reductive" for an artist like her), my favorite is definitely Confessions followed by American Life. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vixdean
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Well, Jenniferella herself said that Madonna did bad things to Gaga that no one knows about and that if she was Gaga she would hate her. My guess is Madonna and her team lied about that.

Of course you would say that, as will lots of other little monsters. Because that’s what fits with the narrative that Madonna is a villain. 

I don’t take Madonna for a liar. In her 30+ years career, she has always told it for what it is, and doesn’t shy away from telling the truth, at whatever cost. So no, don’t believe it for one second she was lying.

On the other hand, I can give you plenty of examples from people in Gaga’s camp calling Madonna an “old hag” and worse.

Just now, vixdean said:

Of course you would say that, as will lots of other little monsters. Because that’s what fits with the narrative that Madonna is a villain. 

I don’t take Madonna for a liar. In her 30+ years career, she has always told it for what it is, and doesn’t shy away from telling the truth, at whatever cost. So no, don’t believe it for one second she was lying.

On the other hand, I can give you plenty of examples from people in Gaga’s camp calling Madonna an “old hag” and worse.

I didn't say nothing, Jennifer said it. You know, Jennifer who sued Gaga and hated her guts. Went on a press tour slandering Gaga all over the place and she still said Madonna did terrible things to her. 

Some of the people here seem to take things very lightly, but the point is Madonna is a very difficult person. I'm obsessed with her music, I even own a couple of her albums on CD and vinyl, but I don't really see much compassion from her. Cher, the goddess herself, has spilled some truth about her that I totally agree about. But still being arrogant doesn't make her music and her impact less important, and she has done great things for so many people, for the LGBTQ community, for women, and her charity works in other countries such as Raising Malawi.

Anyway, I also agree that certain things should be looked deeper towards, cause there are problematics surrounding her and some of her previous works, such as is displayed in the Strike A Pose documentary. But I'm not one to cancel Madonna, even if I think most of her latest albums are trend-followers and trying to grab the GP almost desperately, in comparison with all she has done before.

3 hours ago, C1trus said:

Born This Way is also similar to Waterfalls and Sympathy For The Devil but the artists of those songs didn't shade her. 

and Fashion of His Love is literally I Wanna Dance With Somebody with an updated production and different lyrics, but I guess it's not worth throwing shade unless you have an awful album which everyone believes it's better to forget about..

Crescent Bloom

She has her cringe moments (especially within the past ten years).

I don't think people necessarily hate her, but it just becomes embarrassing to watch her taint her legacy as a pop icon with some of the choices she has made as of late. In the 10s, she has allowed the current pop culture landscape dictate where she chooses to take her artistry, which is the complete opposite of what she has always done.

Some LMs hate her because of the BTW swipe, but to Madge's credit, BTW's chord progression/melody does sound very similar to those of Express Yourself. Although she had a right to feel annoyed by it, it was extremely embarrassing (as a pop legend) to watch her perform a medley of Express Yourself/Born This Way/She's Not Me. Not only was it a mess production wise, it also just reeked of desperation.

I will say for years I didn't really like her after that — simply because I was young and felt I had to choose between Gaga or M —, but within the last couple of years, I have delved entirely into her discography and she has become one of my all-time favorite artists.

Ray of Light might be my favorite album of all time. Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories, True Blue, Music, American Life, & Confessions on a Dance Floor are some of my favorite albums of hers :heart:

Kadikaado

I am the same age as Gaga, so I used to love Madonna when I was young. I liked her rebel attitude and her music, she used to be one of my favorite singers. I didn't like her Hard Candy Album (I honestly didn't like any album from her ever since), but once I started having access to the internet I noticed about her diva behaviour, like feeling superior to other people, not allowing people that work with her talking to her directly or even her dancers couldn't make eye contact with her... At the same time I saw her inciting her fans against Lady Gaga that was a newbie back then and a huge fan of her, she used to incite people against Gaga in her shows and her fans were very, very, VERY mean spreading Gaga hate on the internet back when Gaga was starting her career.

I stopped listening to Madonna songs for a few years because I was very disapointed at her, let's be honest, she is a mean girl, or used to be. These days I listen to her music again, the old ones I like, I don't dislike her anymore, but I don't feel any empathy towards her as well anymore.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

vixdean
29 minutes ago, Luk said:

and Fashion of His Love is literally I Wanna Dance With Somebody with an updated production and different lyrics, but I guess it's not worth throwing shade unless you have an awful album which everyone believes it's better to forget about..

An “awful” album that led to a tour that grossed $344.04 million, making it the second best selling tour of all time after her own Sticky and Sweet Tour.

You interestingly mentioned Cher on your post above and how she spilled some “supposed” truth. All I have to say to that is that Cher has spoken about Madonna, shading her multiple times, when Madonna has never said even a word about Cher. But, you know, Madonna is the difficult one. 

This image that people like to paint of Madonna of being arrogant or difficult or whatever is based on completely false perceptions. You can easily find that all throughout M’s career plenty of other artists attacked her without any need, making derogatory comments, and she never replied.

Madonna is tough, ambitious, hardworking, and doesn’t take bullshit or plays the victim. In today’s society you seem to need to be the opposite to be perceived as ‘nice’, ‘relatable’ and ‘likeable.”

LovingIsACherryPie

I personally don't hate Madonna, I just hate how annoying and rude some of her fans can get towards Gaga. 

Kadikaado
6 minutes ago, Crescent Bloom said:

Some LMs hate her because of the BTW swipe, but to Madge's credit, BTW's chord progression/melody does sound very similar to those of Express Yourself. Although she had a right to feel annoyed by it, it was extremely embarrassing (as a pop icon) when she performed it on tour in a medley of Express Yourself/Born This Way/She's Not Me. It reeked of desperation.

BTW many people said the same thing about Madonna in 1989 when she released Expressed Yourself because it sounded too  similar to Respect Yourself by The Pointer Sisters (1987).

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

BUtterfield 8
6 hours ago, insight said:

She has been exposed to and endured an unprecedented wave of hatred, which Gaga hasn't experienced even s fraction of it.

There was even book published "I hate Madonna handbook".

81pzehfo3oL.jpg

Jfc

nswain1110

Her discography is incredible - one of the best. Her perceived “arrogance” and the way she’s been documented as treating others and those she’s worked with is the main reason behind the dislike. I say she’s earned her spot - her environment and what she had to consistently fight through to secure her spot is how she developed her attitude and grit. I believe she’s vastly misperceived, especially by the younger generations. No one can ever deny she’s an icon, trailblazer and that she paved the way for every modern pop star. Gaga would not be the same Gaga you know and love today without Madonna. Fight me. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Aussie

Madonna built her career on controversy and still continues. It’s like saying why do people hate Marilyn Manson. Some do, some adore her. She isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and has been known to be difficult to work with.

Starmie25

I don't hate her, however to get THAT bitter over a song comparison is just a bit ridiculous. I mean, a ton of songs share melodies and lyrics. 

Still it seems they both made peace with it 

RAMROD

I mean, she got lots of questionable moments. And she is usually the ones that start the fight. 

With Whitney, with Janet, with Mariah, with Gaga, among others. She most likely have some ego issues with attacking every artists that got meteoric rise.

So, no surprise that fans of the pop girls that got history with Madonna are not really into her, as iconic as she may be. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived