💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people hate Madonna

GagasEarCondom

Featured Posts

insight
31 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

I don't like Madonna because she doesn't seem like a nice person. She comes across as very arrogant and diva like.

She expects to be treated like a queen by everyone both professionally and from her fans. There's a video of a fan giving Madonna flowers at a M&G and she scoffs at it saying she hates that kind and throws them to the side. That alone tells you enough about her character. 

That was not a fan. He's an Ukrainian prankster. He even attempted kissing Will Smith on the red carpet.

https://youtu.be/XXNm28b_2I4

Or attacking Gigi Hadid

https://youtu.be/IjsPmjqmcvs 

https://youtu.be/F32HB9xT1Ws

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

I don’t think her music has aged well.

Nope, Madonna's music aged like a great wine, and that a fact not an opinion :classy:

1. She is a woman 

2. She is succesful 

3. She is relevant 

Plain and simple. 

vixdean
49 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

I don't like Madonna because she doesn't seem like a nice person. She comes across as very arrogant and diva like.

She expects to be treated like a queen by everyone both professionally and from her fans. There's a video of a fan giving Madonna flowers at a M&G and she scoffs at it saying she hates that kind and throws them to the side. That alone tells you enough about her character. 

Lots of incorrect information in 300 words.

First, Madonna has never in her entire career done a Meet & Greet, because, well, that’s beneath a star of her magnitude and she doesn’t need to do it.

Second, the flowers were given to her in a Q&A at the Venice Film Festival for her film.

Third, the flowers were not given by a fan, but by a prankster named Vitalii Sediuk - who targeted several celebs including Kim K, Gigi Hadid, and assualted Will Smith. He knew Madonna hated hydrangeas and did on purpose pretending to be a journalist.

Lastly, as a result of the prank we got the iconic “I absolutely loathe hydrangeas” line, which couldn’t be more Madonna.

So yes, this post is a perfect example of the kind of narrative people create around Madonna because she is a tough and no-bullshit kind of person. I wished there were more celebs like that, instead of the constant whiny and self-victimising personalities that we have today.

C1trus
2 hours ago, Nemanja said:

only LMs hates Madonna, because she shaded Gaga for Born This Way song. But BTW song kinda sound similar to Express Yourself. 

Born This Way is also similar to Waterfalls and Sympathy For The Devil but the artists of those songs didn't shade her. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

vixdean
1 minute ago, C1trus said:

Born This Way is also similar to Waterfalls and Sympathy For The Devil but the artists of those songs didn't shade her. 

The similarities weren’t brought up by Madonna in the first place. It was the press and twitter.

Gaga spoke about it way before Madonna even said anything, in response to the press not letting it go.

Remember the Leno interview where Gaga said that she had heard from Madonna team and everything was okay? Well, Madonna’s publicist denied that anyone from Gaga’s camp had ever been in touch.

Madonna only spoke about it almost a year later when asked in an interview.

WhiteWitch

I adore her art and career, but it’s entirely because she’s petty and acts like half of the comments you see on this thread. That said, she’s also kinda earned the status I guess. 

24 minutes ago, vixdean said:

The similarities weren’t brought up by Madonna in the first place. It was the press and twitter.

Gaga spoke about it way before Madonna even said anything, in response to the press not letting it go.

Remember the Leno interview where Gaga said that she had heard from Madonna team and everything was okay? Well, Madonna’s publicist denied that anyone from Gaga’s camp had ever been in touch.

Madonna only spoke about it almost a year later when asked in an interview.

Well, Jenniferella herself said that Madonna did bad things to Gaga that no one knows about and that if she was Gaga she would hate her. My guess is Madonna and her team lied about that.

The sort of far right nutjobs who describe Gaga as a harlot were saying the same stuff about Madonna before Gaga was even born, so yeah, those guys hate her, but I think the majority of people simply respect her as a great artist and pass no judgement on her as a person because they don't know her and it's none of their business anyway. 

huttont

I’ve never been a huge fan. But not because of anything gaga related. She just always seems to have a sense of entitlement and is totally removed from reality.

Like one thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was her being super late to concerts. Although that could be management and scheduling issues.

However, even though I’m not super knowledgeable about her music, I can’t deny what she has done for the music industry 

Ronk

Because they don't know Madonna.  They latch onto some negative opinions they heard, or hold a grudge for something that was said or done long ago.  Because of the negative feeling they have, they don't bother to discover how extremely talented she is.  They don't realize that irl she is a very good person.

Every word of that can also be said about why some people hate Gaga.

Madonna posted this:

Madonna-Gaga.jpg

I live outside the space time continuum.

PussOfYonce
4 hours ago, Jose P said:

She had a publicity feud with Gaga and LMs are still hung up over it.

She’s also confident which is a no no for successful female artists, and managed to remain successful for 3 subsequent decades. She once said “the most controversial thing I’ve ever done, is to stick around”. Pretty much sums it up. And remember that she’s always been bold and unapologetically sexual and in your face, combine that with her big confidence and continued relevance for a long time and you can imagine the result.

so basically the same reason why people would think of hating on Bey + LM's just being hung up on the BTW shade

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

MadreMonster

I really didn’t care for her when she came for Gaga - I was 18/19 and just followed the hate train. But looking back, it wasn’t really anything THAT bad and I’ve come to appreciate and love her discography!

Wish Gaga and Madonna would have had a strong relationship at all times though - what a powerful duo they would have been!

Im hoping they do a song or cover together some day. Or a live performance together. Would be awesome to see Gaga do a legacy performance of Madonna songs and have Madonna collab with her for the final song.

LaLuna

I just find her extremely unlikeable and arrogant. 

Plus as someone else said, she used to be a trend setter, now she follows trends. And to me, everything she's put out after COADF is absolute garbage.

And no, I don't dislike her because she had a feud with Gaga 10 years ago, I appreciate the impact she's had on pop music, pop culture in general, her activism, etc. But I just don't care for her anymore.  And that's coming from someone who literally grew up listening to Madonna in the 80s and 90s.

Archived