đź’“ Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" đź’“

question

Does Gaga hate DWUW or just the R Kelly version?

Featured Posts

Cookie Tookie

Ummmm no. I think she just knows the negativity attached to that song, so she avoids it.

Edited by Cookie Tookie
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ARTVENUS

• Nathaniel Arven

• VoidTwo

• Angelina Stefania

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her biggest hit that got away, honestly this song was slaying back then, even non gaga fans were listening to it, no choice but to stan this problematic hit.

It probably would have been one of her staple singles if she released the solo version. I don't think she hates it but there's SO much baggage attached to it now It's sad too. It was her Tabloid

I'm sure she has a hard time listening to it considering that it's really a trauma based song. She was on tour hurting, then she got hurt, media was against her.. then reminded of the mistake of worki

Anderson123
3 hours ago, Ayden said:

I don't think she hates it, but it's definitely a song with a troubled history that must've caused her a lot of headaches and complications in the past. It's a shame because I think is one of the strongest songs on the album. If only she could have just released the solo version instead... she really didn't need any collab IMO. I blame the label for that. 

The label had nothing to do with that. DJ White Shadow suggested to bring R. Kelly because he's the king of R&B and it fit the instrumental and Gaga's vocals and she loved it. And fans need to stop "blaming" whoever decided to make that song. They didn't know things would blow up in a few years.

• Thanks 1
HuffsAhoy

She definitely doesn't hate it. But I'm glad she realized working with a vile man like R Kelly was a serious error in judgement. It's a real shame honestly because its a great song. 

Rain on Me
  • Like 1
ARTVENUS
7 hours ago, ILLUSIONISTIC said:

wasnt she supposed to perform the song at coachella 2017 since the backdrop video leaked??

What backdrop? Is there a link?

NAMURO
10 hours ago, Phlop said:

Considering she didn’t even want it as a single, having it associated with him doesn’t help.

She wanted Aura as the lead but gave into Applause. So I’m sure she wanted to have some control over the next single. The Applause video legit introduced the Aphrodite/Venus character.

It was known she wanted Venus as the second single and she planned a visual and everything for it. Even the commercial had her wearing a flower panty, but her label reworked to include DWUW instead and her label released it as a promo before Venus. She even performed Venus and gave it a mini era before having to scramble back to the drawing board for DWUW. And we know how promo singles work (TEOG and Hair ruining Judas’s run and MR replacing AYO).

She probably felt she had no control and the song kinda reflects that too.

The sucky part when these last minute decisions are made is that we get bad music videos (TEOG and MR), and in the case of DWUW/Venus we didn’t get anything for months until GUY.

I agree on everything you said but... TEOG being a bad music video?? :what: Ok, it was a low production after Judas but the looks and the energy on that video makes it great to me!

LaLuna
15 hours ago, PartySick said:

It probably would have been one of her staple singles if she released the solo version. I don't think she hates it but there's SO much baggage attached to it now :toofunny:

It's sad too. It was her Tabloid Junkie. Her Piece of Me. A defiant "f-you" to the media :noparty:

Oooohh Tabloid Junkie, haven't heard that one in a while, such a good song :lolly:

I don't think she hates it but I'm forever grateful the video never came out, one of the best decisions she's ever made in her career. Just seeing the snippets made me uncomfortable :fatcat:

FATHER, SON, HOUSE OF GUCCI
  • YAAAS 2
PartySick
13 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Oooohh Tabloid Junkie, haven't heard that one in a while, such a good song :lolly:

It's slander! :rockstar:

With the words you use! :rockstar:

You're a parasite in black and white, do anything for news! :rockstar:

I love to tour 🤌🏼
  • YAAAS 1
Noir

I wish in another world, she featured a different artist or even just Xtina, but thankfully like other users have said it's not one of her bigger hits, so it's not weird to the GP that it's not performed. 

I'd like to hear her perform the solo version, but can completely understand if she just wants to let the song die. 

• Like 1
Angelina Stefania

If she does, good. I hate the song. And how it ruined the chance to get Venus as a single and music video. 

Angelina Stefania
8 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

The label had nothing to do with that. DJ White Shadow suggested to bring R. Kelly because he's the king of R&B and it fit the instrumental and Gaga's vocals and she loved it. And fans need to stop "blaming" whoever decided to make that song. They didn't know things would blow up in a few years.

Actually Tara did as well, Tara was always playing his records while on the Born This Way Ball tour. And "King of r&b"? Hahaha. No

Edited by Angelina Stefania
Bella Goth

her solo version is forever in my heart, this is her song, her voice, her prayers during that time. it's so beautiful and pure. i think she just had enough because all the drama she basically better keep it to herself

• YAAAS 1
PropaGaga
18 hours ago, Magneto said:

I always love how he's on a complete different song

Gaga's like: screw you media, idc what you say about me

Barf Kelly: Chanel this, Chanel that hell yeah. All my girls Chanel vintage, baby

Edit: I'm just as off topic as I was just describing. I think the song is too controversial in any form and we probably won't hear it live ever again 

I actually feel like R. Kelly's presence adds a much darker tone to the track than some people realize, and that's before you factor in everything he's done.

Ironically, he's kind of playing the part of an executive using his position in power and all these lavish things in order to convince Gaga to give herself to him. She can have all these things and more if she does what he wants, whatever that may entail. This becomes more blatant during the AMA performance when they bring the "Marilyn and the President" concept to life and they get caught in a sex scandal. R. Kelly claims not to know her and Gaga is the one left to pick up the pieces and suffer backlash.

LandonM170
18 hours ago, ILLUSIONISTIC said:

wasnt she supposed to perform the song at coachella 2017 since the backdrop video leaked??

Where is this cause I need to see it.

16 hours ago, Quenty said:

It was released on a French radio's compilation album

Really? When did this happen?

10 hours ago, NAMURO said:

I agree on everything you said but... TEOG being a bad music video?? :what: Ok, it was a low production after Judas but the looks and the energy on that video makes it great to me!

I wonder what the original TEOG concept was. Something that we will probably never know since it was just a concept and never filmed. 

PropaGaga
7 minutes ago, LandonM170 said:

Where is this cause I need to see it.

Ruth Hogben accidentally posted it on Instagram in 2017. It was up for less than a day before being removed and replaced with a different song. This is it but the audio isn't enabled

ARTVENUS
11 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Ruth Hogben accidentally posted it on Instagram in 2017. It was up for less than a day before being removed and replaced with a different song. This is it but the audio isn't enabled

So I’m assuming this was supposed to be for her to perform the solo version?