MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

question

Does Gaga hate DWUW or just the R Kelly version?

Featured Posts

ARTVENUS

So we know DWUW ft. R Smelly was removed, so does that mean Gaga would erase all versions of the song, or does she like the solo version and Xtina version?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ARTVENUS

• Nathaniel Arven

• VoidTwo

• Angelina Stefania

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her biggest hit that got away, honestly this song was slaying back then, even non gaga fans were listening to it, no choice but to stan this problematic hit.

It probably would have been one of her staple singles if she released the solo version. I don't think she hates it but there's SO much baggage attached to it now It's sad too. It was her Tabloid

I'm sure she has a hard time listening to it considering that it's really a trauma based song. She was on tour hurting, then she got hurt, media was against her.. then reminded of the mistake of worki

Space Cowboy

I'm sure she has a hard time listening to it considering that it's really a trauma based song. She was on tour hurting, then she got hurt, media was against her.. then reminded of the mistake of working with r. kelly and with terry.. it's a shame because it's has a beautiful meaning behind all the drama

• Like 24
  • YAAAS 1
PartySick

It probably would have been one of her staple singles if she released the solo version. I don't think she hates it but there's SO much baggage attached to it now :toofunny:

It's sad too. It was her Tabloid Junkie. Her Piece of Me. A defiant "f-you" to the media :noparty:

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
  • Like 28
  • YAAAS 2
Rahrahbitchson

Her biggest hit that got away, honestly this song was slaying back then, even non gaga fans were listening to it, no choice but to stan this problematic hit.

Stop singing my part now, baby!
  • Like 35
  • YAAAS 1
Monsterabriel

I hate the R smelly version too, only solo version for me

My biggest enemy is me pop a 911
  • Like 3
GipJo

R.Kelly's version is superior without a doubt, yes he's a shitty person but that version is better than cheesy and noisy xtina version.

I don't think Gaga hates it but it has so much bags attached she just prefers not to think about it for good.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
LandonM170

It is sad we will never hear her sing the song again. I love the solo version however I understand why she chooses to act like DWUW never existed I just wish she would perform the solo version one day.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
Magneto
1 hour ago, GipJo said:

R.Kelly's version is superior without a doubt, yes he's a shitty person but that version is better than cheesy and noisy xtina version.

I don't think Gaga hates it but it has so much bags attached she just prefers not to think about it for good.

I always love how he's on a complete different song

Gaga's like: screw you media, idc what you say about me

Barf Kelly: Chanel this, Chanel that hell yeah. All my girls Chanel vintage, baby

Edit: I'm just as off topic as I was just describing. I think the song is too controversial in any form and we probably won't hear it live ever again 

Edited by Magneto
Free my mind
  • Like 4
Phlop

Considering she didn’t even want it as a single, having it associated with him doesn’t help.

She wanted Aura as the lead but gave into Applause. So I’m sure she wanted to have some control over the next single. The Applause video legit introduced the Aphrodite/Venus character.

It was known she wanted Venus as the second single and she planned a visual and everything for it. Even the commercial had her wearing a flower panty, but her label reworked to include DWUW instead and her label released it as a promo before Venus. She even performed Venus and gave it a mini era before having to scramble back to the drawing board for DWUW. And we know how promo singles work (TEOG and Hair ruining Judas’s run and MR replacing AYO).

She probably felt she had no control and the song kinda reflects that too.

The sucky part when these last minute decisions are made is that we get bad music videos (TEOG and MR), and in the case of DWUW/Venus we didn’t get anything for months until GUY.

Edited by Phlop
BYE
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
vpez

As most of you pointed out before, I also don't think that she actually hates the song, I feel like she really loves it no matter what happend, but chose to pretend it never happend because of all the drama attached to it.

Which is quite sad, because it's an amazing song, not only lyrically but overall. It could have been huge with an other feature, proper video etc. 

I've heard that R.Kelly would still get some money off of the solo version, because of writing credits, I don't know if it's true but that would also be a reason why she acts like this.

Personally I understand and respect the decision obviously, but am quite sad about it because it still is in my top 3 gaga songs, which might never change, and knowing that she probably won't ever perform it again.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.
  • Like 2
Benji

If we separate the artist from the art, Do What U Want is one hell of a bop.  It’s unfortunate the solo wasn’t the album version and R. Kelly just hopped on a remix or something but it is what it is.

Also, I think if Gaga can be a fan of Michael Jackson, she can be a fan of her song with R. Kelly.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
SevenWonder

It's impossible to hate that song. It's fing perfect. But she has a ton of other huge songs that she can perform. And it wasn't a big enough hit like BR or Shallow where it would be too weird to not have her perform it. Just easier to let it collect dust. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
S0436

I feel like she was forced to ‘cancel’ the song, maybe in 20 years time she will openly defend the song.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Pretty Please
3 minutes ago, S0436 said:

I feel like she was forced to ‘cancel’ the song, maybe in 20 years time she will openly defend the song.

In 20 years the last thing shes gonna be thinking anout is dwuw and i genuinely pray that this fanbase finds more important things to care about by then

• Like 1
Nathaniel Arven

I think that she even recognised herself that the song is not just about claiming that she's more than a body that the world can criticise... And considering the imagery that surrounds it, I think there is a darker layer to it that has been exposed by the R.Kelly meltdown... I'm afraid it may have took over the first intention of the song. Like 'can't unsee'. 

But I also hope that it can at some point be reversed again, because honestly it's really about opposing the body to the aura, and refusing to be just an image for the people to play with. 

And I think that the song is one of her best too. Musically it's excellent. 

• Like 1