💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Born This Way lyric change?

LandonM170

Do you think Gaga should sing this lyric over the original?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Change the line, "transgendered life" to "transgender, ace"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not, "transgender, ace" (comment what you think)

Featured Posts

LandonM170

The term, "transgendered life" is an outdated term that is incorrect. I understand the song was written 2010-2011, and I not mad at Gaga for using that term (I am not trans so maybe trans people will disagree) however I think that she could replace it with "transgender, ace". It fits in the same amount of time as the original lyric (everytime I sing BTW I sing this lyric instead of the original.

Also, the reason I chose ace instead of something or popular like pan or nb is because it represents the asexual and aromatic people. While pan is similar to bi (NOT THE SAME) and nb is technically trans, so transgender includes nb.

What do you think?

Edit: This would only be sung live, the studio version on physical copies and streaming / digital download services would never be changed!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phlop

Idgi what’s ace??? Transgendered life sounds fine tbh. I don’t see trans people being offended.

If anything should be changed it’s chola and orient :duck:

BYE

ThatGagaBoobStan

Y’all to problematic these days :bear:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡

Debithius

I don't think she should change the lyrics everytime a new term becomes more accurate than the last :bear:

Future Lovers
3 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Idgi what’s ace??? Transgendered life sounds fine tbh. I don’t see trans people being offended.

Ace typically is the shorthand for “asexual”. I’m not sure if that’s what the OP means but that’s what I’ve known it to mean.

Pictures

Soon yall will want to change "It doesn't matter if you love him" for "they" to make it sound more inclusive or something :lolga:

LandonM170

Ok first off this change was mainly for more members of the LGBTQIA+ community to be included in the song, but also it helps that that the term used is outdated however that is not the main reason for it.

LandonM170
9 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Girl you didn't even read the whole post lmao

20 minutes ago, LandonM170 said:

Also, the reason I chose ace instead of something or popular like pan or nb is because it represents the asexual and aromatic people.

There you go, in the second paragraph

Pennywise
4 minutes ago, Pictures said:

Soon yall will want to change "It doesn't matter if you love him" for "they" to make it sound more inclusive or something :lolga:

Not you trying to equate possibly offensive word use with.. pronouns :laughga:

No one buys these wack right wing arguments anymore :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Married the Night

No. Like The pride flag, you run the risk of the song always needing to be updated. We are recognizing new sexual identities and genders every year. It needs to be left alone and recognized for the progress we have made in 10+ years. 

LandonM170
35 minutes ago, LandonM170 said:

Edit: This would only be sung live, the studio version on physical copies and streaming / digital download services would never be changed!

Just wanted to clarify for you guys

Archived