💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Born This Way lyric change?

LandonM170

Do you think Gaga should sing this lyric over the original?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Change the line, "transgendered life" to "transgender, ace"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not, "transgender, ace" (comment what you think)

Featured Posts

Benji

I miss the LGBT+ community having a thicker skin.  A song dedicated to us ten years ago when it really wasn’t cool to support us being critiqued over including “transgender life” in its lyrics… we wonder why the straights have had enough of our moaning :bradley:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
55 minutes ago, Phlop said:

And ace sounds stupid, it’s not asexual

it literally is...

It really amazes me how the slightest criticism (that isn't even attacking gaga in any way, only SUGGESTING 2 words to be changed live as a possibility) triggers so many sh!tty responses. Y'all are so quick to jump on the "hurdur wokeness is so lame and stupid stop changing words nothing is offensive you're just a snowflake" bandwagon. I find it hilarious that y'all keep saying "fake woke" people are easily offended then have a meltdown over this lmao. 

I've seen many trans people express dislike over the term "transgendered" and it's their right to find it offensive. No one gets to speak on their behalf except them. No one is trashing Gaga for using it back then (idk if it's a mistake or not, but that's not the point). No one is saying we should crucify her for some parts of that song. People are only pointing out that some of the lyrics are outdated and that it would be nice to change them to fit the times. The song is 10 years old, a lot has changed since then. 

Enough with the same rhetoric used by conservatives to trash us. It's really getting disgusting. Y'all sound like hetero boomers who lose their sh!t whenever someone tries to be even a slightly bit more inclusive. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Diamond Heart

Not everything needs this level of weird criticism
Like, its a song. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Sneaky Oliver

She could change it to “trans lady or guy” to rhyme with bi. 

I might be uneducated on this topic but I don’t think ace/aro people suffer the same hate issue like gay/lesbian/trans do. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

PartySick

I don't think you need to add the "ace" in there honestly. For the longest time, I thought it was "transgender life", not "transgendered life". Just sing the former. I think she already does when she performs BTW on the piano. I've never noticed a hard "-ed" at the end of the word :laughga:

The only thing that triggered me was hearing Orville sing "latinx" :messga: use "latine" like actual Spanish speakers do, not the fake term from white people on Twitter :messga:

🖤

DeluluSwine
3 hours ago, Phlop said:

And ace sounds stupid, it’s not asexual.

It literally is

Lady Palutena

AHEM

As a Transgender woman, the lyric "transgendered life" does not bother me in the slightest. It's been pointed out by members that the lyric is "Transgender life" so there is that. Also, I think if we are reading the lyric rather than singing it, it translates differently: No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgender life. It's not just trans life, but all life. I think so, anyway. You can feel free to provide a rebuttal but being Trans, I will use identity politics and claim that my answer is the only real answer because of my transness and you are being transphobic for questioning it. :neyde:

Spoiler

Also, in order to work in "Ace", you would have to change the first three orientations around to "no matter straight, bi, or gay" to rhyme with "transgender, ace" and straights being first is a no-no. :huntyga:

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

JazzGa

It needs to rhyme with "bi" and there is no point in trying to include every label because u will never be successful at including every label. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Stop. WTF.  If a person is living and is transgender, they are living a transgendered life.  I’m gay. I have a gay life. 

We ok in here? Make sure y’all live your real lives today, at least a little bit <3 

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

enissa11

why outdated? being transgender is a way of life, just as it is living as a men or a woman.

Mad Architect of Light

Born This Way

No but I like how Orville changed it from transgendered to transgender. But this is a song, not an acronym. 

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

PinkJelly

Not a song I go back and play regularly so I guess I haven’t paid it much mind until the anniversary and updated rework from Orville. 

I personally don’t find it offensive at all, being a trans woman. Though I did wonder about the ‘chola, orient or beige’ lyrics when it was first released.

Archived