Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Born This Way lyric change?

LandonM170

Do you think Gaga should sing this lyric over the original?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Change the line, "transgendered life" to "transgender, ace"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not, "transgender, ace" (comment what you think)

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Gaga isn't gonna sing it any different than she has for the past 10 years...:saladga:

she wrote it the way she wrote it...alright

GIF by Bravo TV

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debithius
59 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Not you trying to equate possibly offensive word use with.. pronouns :laughga:

No one buys these wack right wing arguments anymore :billie:

How is Transgendered life offensive?

ProfessionalClown

I’m surprised the “asexual/aromantic aren’t LGBT” people aren’t here yet lol

Pennywise
25 minutes ago, Debithius said:

How is Transgendered life offensive?

https://time.com/3630965/transgender-transgendered/ 

and it is not only that word anyway 

also: please note that I said "possibly" offensive, as it may not be offensive to every single person ever

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Debithius
15 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

https://time.com/3630965/transgender-transgendered/ 

and it is not only that word anyway 

also: please note that I said "possibly" offensive, as it may not be offensive to every single person ever

I didn't read the whole thing since I am at work but...what, we should avoid saying gay, lesbian and bi too? This is getting even more out of hand if the word transgendered starts becoming offensive to some people. They transitioned into a different gender/sex so obviously they are transgendered. People getting offended over that needs to reevaluate their thinking. 

I can see how calling somebody transgendered alone and not transgendered male/female might get on your nerves but even then, people need to chilé:saladga: 

River

so here I solved the problem

the "transgendered life" is a mistake in the booklet

it's actually "transgender life".

Genius confirmed it and corrected it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LandonM170
48 minutes ago, Debithius said:

I didn't read the whole thing since I am at work but...what, we should avoid saying gay, lesbian and bi too? This is getting even more out of hand if the word transgendered starts becoming offensive to some people. They transitioned into a different gender/sex so obviously they are transgendered. People getting offended over that needs to reevaluate their thinking. 

I can see how calling somebody transgendered alone and not transgendered male/female might get on your nerves but even then, people need to chilé:saladga: 

This is why I said it was an outdated term, there are better words to use on this link, and the original purpose of this wasn't because of it being outdated, but that if you took transgendered life out and replaced it with transgender, ace it would still fit and include more people into the song.

https://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender (scroll down to the "Terms to Avoid" table and it tells you why you shouldn't say words/phrases and what to say instead)

Debithius
1 minute ago, LandonM170 said:

This is why I said it was an outdated term, there are better words to use on this link, and the original purpose of this wasn't because of it being outdated, but that if you took transgendered life out and replaced it with transgender, ace it would still fit and include more people into the song.

https://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender (scroll down to the "Terms to Avoid" table and it tells you why you shouldn't say words/phrases and what to say instead)

I would just keep the lyrics as is. This is so unnecessary.

LandonM170
Just now, River said:

Ok well that is cool however I still make transgender, ace has more people are included and the original purpose of having that be sung live instead of transgender life was just to include more people. It wasn't because of transgendered life (however that did add to it though)

Thank you cause I didn't know this!

LandonM170
Just now, Debithius said:

I would just keep the lyrics as is. This is so unnecessary.

I wouldn't say it is unnecessary because it would just be a change when sung live and BTW wouldn't be re-recorded or taken down like how DWUW was (obviously to very different problems and DWUW is a 10/10 while the mistaken lyric as a 1/10). Also the lyrics is just transgender as River said so I am fine with transgender life.

js4754394o9823

There's nothing to change now, because it was done years ago

I didn't hear her sing that live at all

Even in 2011

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

js4754394o9823
1 hour ago, River said:

Really? When did they say that?

Booklet was not the only place with transgendered

Her official website had it too

https://web.archive.org/web/20120103005123mp_/http://www.ladygaga.com/lyrics/default.aspx?tid=23592566

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Stephen
39 minutes ago, River said:

Came here to say this. Not sure if that's what she says in the song, but pretty sure she sings it as "Transgender" in live performances for a while now. Easy fix.

She also stopped saying "Behind the Aura / behind the Burqa" in Aura, changing it to "Behind the Aura / You little monster" :billie:

Phlop

If you don’t like the song don’t listen to it, it’s clearly phobic to you :ohwell:

And ace sounds stupid, it’s not asexual. This song is over 10 years old so yes, it’s not going to have the QIA acronyms included.

Gaga wrote this out of love and support idk why y’all making it problematic. If anything is problematic is her Chromatica promo.

BYE

2 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I’m surprised the “asexual/aromantic aren’t LGBT” people aren’t here yet lol

Scared Mr Krabs GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Archived