💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jon M. Chu respond to In the Heights Colorism 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Idk wtf you keep mentioning white passing because not once have I said that. Move on.

Because that is literally the phrase the reporter used. You move on. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

It’s because we finally have a decent movie that portrayed Latinos well and there’s STILL outrage over it not being “diverse enough” when there’s like no “white” main or even minor character. It’s diverse as hell.

Nobody said it isn't diverse. It's diverse and still colorist like many Latino projects. Don't pretend you don't see it, please. 

Morphine Prince
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Because that is literally the phrase the reporter used. You move on. 

ZERO of my replies in this thread have ANYTHING to do with what that reporter said. You always reply irrelevant stuff to people in order to gaslight. I know your game, it's not my first rodeo with you. 

Morphine Prince

Anyway, I absolutely loved this movie and felt it represented many aspects of Latinos in the US.

Unfortunately it fell victim to the typical miscasting when it comes to dark skin people.

That being said, the director apologized and hopefully his future projects get it right. 

ProfessionalClown
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Nobody said it isn't diverse. It's diverse and still colorist like many Latino projects. Don't pretend you don't see it, please. 

I literally don’t lmao and MANY PEOPLE are saying it’s not diverse lmaoo. Just go on Twitter Jesus 

Morphine Prince
Just now, ProfessionalClown said:

I literally don’t lmao and MANY PEOPLE are saying it’s not diverse lmaoo. Just go on Twitter Jesus 

You literally don't. Then you must be blind. 

People have repeatedly explained to you why they are upset with the casting choices and you don't want to see it.

It's your right to be blind. Have fun. 

Morphine Prince

Y'all hate black and dark skinned people so much that you got a movie with mostly light skinned Latinos and you are upset they are demanding accurate representation.

Imagine if the movie actually had more dark skin Latinos. Y'all would have a stroke in the movie theater. 

ProfessionalClown
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You literally don't. Then you must be blind. 

People have repeatedly explained to you why they are upset with the casting choices and you don't want to see it.

It's your right to be blind. Have fun. 

There’s many others, including many Afro Latinos, who have no issue with it. 

I ain’t blind im just happy to have a representative movie for the first time 

Morphine Prince

There’s many others, including many Afro Latinos, who have no issue with it. 

I ain’t blind im just happy to have a representative movie for the first time 

Good for you. 

Many others disagree, and have a point. 

ProfessionalClown
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Imagine if the movie actually had more dark skin Latinos. L

There were. I guess you’re just blind and didn’t look hard enough :huntyga:

Morphine Prince

There were. I guess you’re just blind and didn’t look hard enough :huntyga:

Key word: More

Learn to read.

ProfessionalClown
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Key word: More

Learn to read.

“There were” in the context means there were more than what you said.

comprehension isn’t hard :vegas:

Morphine Prince

“There were” in the context means there were more than what you said.

comprehension isn’t hard :vegas:

Clearly it is for you as demonstrated by every single one of your replies in this thread. 

ProfessionalClown

Anyways, I’m done with this thread. 

im happy we finally got a good representation  for once that isn’t drug pushing gangsters or cheap sex workers or illegal immigrants mowing lawns for a living.

it means a lot being Mexican and from what I saw there was a LOT of diversity in shades. 

Also considering us middle of the road Latinos and skin complexion have practically 0 representation :hor:

everyone have a good night :sis:

JusKeepBreathin
20 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Y'all hate black and dark skinned people so much that you got a movie with mostly light skinned Latinos and you are upset they are demanding accurate representation.

Imagine if the movie actually had more dark skin Latinos. Y'all would have a stroke in the movie theater. 

Girl stop. No one hates anyone. All the sudden everyone is racist because they don't agree with you. 

Even this Black Latinx reporter only has a job at The Root because she is black. They don't hire Brown Latinx people at The Root. 

This isn't about hate. There is literally less opportunity for Brown Latinx people then there is black Latinx people in media and Hollywood.

Again I am not talking about white Latinx people.

The only time we get to see a non white Latinx protagonists in a movie is when Salma Hayek does a movie every four years or JLo does a movie every one or two year. 

And the only reason these two latinxs are where they are is because they produce the majority of their movies. Other wise they would have disappeared in Hollywood years ago and we'd have no Latinx protagonists in Hollywood. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived