đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was/Is Nicki Minaj really the "Queen of Rap"...?

Chlorine Sevigny

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO

She was until she started working with pedos and marrying a murderer/rapist lmao 

I used to be a big fan from her debut up until right after the Pinkprint  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naak Le Vaar
On 6/14/2021 at 11:52 PM, BloodyJudas said:

The delulus will say no :bye:

Lmao you're too funny. You should do standup. What a joke haha

Lmao they blocked my signature

MANiCURE 6

No competition for years so of course she is the Queen when there's only her in her Kingdom :ladyhaha:

PussOfYonce
20 hours ago, HeardASine said:

Obviously this is very subjective, but I think Nicki has a sort of respect from the industry that cements her as a rap legend. I think if you went out on the street and polled random people, most would say she is the queen of rap. 

Respect? no not really they tried to get rid of her and we know how that went, they've just kinda accepted her existence at this point :/

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

PussOfYonce
8 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

She was until she started working with pedos and marrying a murderer/rapist lmao 

I used to be a big fan from her debut up until right after the Pinkprint  

yall still running with that lie, goddamn its not even sad to see it anymore

ALGAYDO
On 6/16/2021 at 2:44 AM, HausOfARTPOPII said:

yall still running with that lie, goddamn its not even sad to see it anymore

It’s not a lie. You’re just in denial lol 

PussOfYonce
14 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

It’s not a lie. You’re just in denial lol 

yes 6ix9ine is a pedo however her husband aint a damn rapist, he was falsely accused istg

Bebe
On 6/16/2021 at 3:41 AM, hardcore1996 said:

Sorry but can you explain how it is misoginoir when everyone else mentioned in the tread (minus iggy but she doesnt count imo) is a WOC? Yeah she’s successful, but her “impact” really comes from the fact that there was a void left in hip hop for the hypersexual, hyper feminine glamour barbie since lil kim went to jail and never made a successful comeback after and the new generation of kids thought nicki invented that.

It's misogynoir in the same way tearing down white pop girls in favour of other girls can be misogynistic. 

It's misogynoir to reduce such an influencial black woman's impact to "hypersexual, hyper feminine glamour barbie" especially considering the history of the Jezebel stereotype. 

You can see the influence of Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Lauren Hill, Missy Elliot in Nicki Minaj in the same way you can see the influence of Salt-N-Pepa and MC Lyte on those women or the influence of the male GOATS on the rest of hip hop.

Nicki Minaj's impact on Hip-Hop as a whole is genuinely too high to list. I'll briefly mention a couple and limit to Female Rap as it is the most obvious. She came up in a time in which Female Rap was essentially dead, Lil Wayne was even advised against signing Nicki as female rap was not seen as profitable. Nicki opened doors for other female rappers by proving she could not only be a profitable rapper, but one of the biggest stars on the planet.

As Nicki herself put it:

"There wasn’t a big female rap presence right before I got in. So, my role was reintroducing the female rapper to pop culture. I aligned myself with a lot of brands and I was able to show that a female rapper can sell products. Whether it was the makeup, the lipsticks, whether it was the nail polish, headphones or anything like that."

She came into the game with unique, animated alter-egos that went far beyond what mainstream rappers had done previously, even Slim Shady was basically just Eminem's Id, Nicki had multiple character's often in the one song and her cadence, voice, lyrics, flow, tone all change to reflect those characters.

Time stamped examples:

Spoiler

You can see the influence of her alter egos, not only in the rap-alter egos of other females (Megan's Hot Girl Meg, Tina Snow, Suga or Rico Nasty's Trap Lavigne and Tacobella), but also in the animated delivery of artists like Doja Cat.

Nicki was told by several record labels that they didn't get her to sing and rap, telling her that she wasn't Lauren Hill. These days, whether you are Cardi B, Lizzo, Doja Cat or Megan it's expected that you have songs where you sing and rap.

Spoiler

Nicki Minaj mixed pop and hip hop in a way that hadn't really been pushed so far before. Super Bass, Starships, Turn Me On, Anaconda are all pop smashes that opened the door for pop hits from artists like Iggy Azalea, Cardi B, Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion and others to enter that pop lane too for more mainstream success.

Nicki Minaj has an insane pen game. She brought her unique talent, double/triple entendre's, wordplay, homophones, homographs, hyperbole and her unique perspective to rap for over 10 years now and in that time has stood toe to toe with greats like Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Eminem, Drake and either had the better verse or stood toe to toe with them. She has 118 songs that have hit Billboard 100 and has proven herself to be a giant in the pop world and in the rap world. The idea that you can dominate a genre for 10+ years, influence the culture in numerous ways and open the doors for a slew of new artists and then have your legacy questioned/be treated as disposable because some other girls have found success is misoginor in it's finest. 

Rappers like Jay, Wayne, Eminem still get their props and respect despite the rise and super success of other male rappers. Not many rappers, let alone simply female rappers, have the longevity, commercial success, pen game, catalogue, cultural impact, versatility, classics that Nicki Minaj has. 

Archived