đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was/Is Nicki Minaj really the "Queen of Rap"...?

Chlorine Sevigny

Featured Posts

Agunimon
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

doja is definitely a popstar

she is a rapper, because she raps, but genre-wise, she makes pop music, not hip-hop or r&b

important distinction, rap is not a genre. hip-hop is. rap is just a medium for lyrics, like singing or prose.

Her discography seems very R&B to me 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M i K E Y

It kinda seems like Nicki forgot her musical roots. I remember listenig to her old 2007-09 stuff. That was real Hip Hop. She peaked with the pinkprint but in like 2017 (to me) she really faded. 1000 collaborations where she was only yelling ,,I'm the queen of rap''. Yes we got it. Overall it's hardcore mainstream to get high positions in the carts sadly.  But still she managed to stay in the game let's see how Doja, Cardi, Megan will do... 

FentyGa
12 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Her discography seems very R&B to me 

if that’s the case, i don’t think you know r&b very well:shrug:

Bebe

I wish I had a little more time to respond to this right now - but the way this site discredits Nicki's impact and success is 100% misoginoir and reveals a complete lack of understanding and respect for rap and black culture

Skabi

i believed nicki was the queen but tbh, as soon as cardi surfaced (ghost writers or not) nicki really lost it. it's funny how she was like "competition why yes i would love some" only to have a massive breakdown as soon as she did.
she still has an amazing flow and talent but i think she is not "queen" material. a queen does not lose it when a new it girl appears, nicki has been the it girl of rap for YEARS! it was pretty sad to see her reaction tbh

Agunimon
29 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

if that’s the case, i don’t think you know r&b very well:shrug:

idk. her primary genres everywhere I look are hip hop, pop, and R&B and she's usually grouped in that category for awards. I found Hot Pink and Amala to be very R&B.

HeardASine

Obviously this is very subjective, but I think Nicki has a sort of respect from the industry that cements her as a rap legend. I think if you went out on the street and polled random people, most would say she is the queen of rap. 

Jewels n Drugs

Obvi. She hasnt been outrapped and if u think so youre delulul

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Butters Stotch

Queen of the festurings.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Chlorine Sevigny
7 hours ago, FentyGa said:

she’s only successful in the absence of others, and every hit she’s had was due to a gimmick. HOWEVER, lyrically, she’s head & shoulders above the other girls. so yeah, she is.

Her lyrical prowess and flow do edge out the others I'll say that. 

holy scheisse

Yes and the gaggle of gays in this echo chamber are so wrong saying no

Archived