💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was/Is Nicki Minaj really the "Queen of Rap"...?

Chlorine Sevigny

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster
19 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Of course she is. She’s made an enormous impact on female hip-hop.....how can you all deny that? :lmao: She’s still the highest-selling female rapper, for the record. :vegas:

Because she's on 100 songs a year that aren't even her own...:bear:

And I oop...:billie:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DenDenTired
21 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Of course she is. She’s made an enormous impact on female hip-hop.....how can you all deny that? :lmao: She’s still the highest-selling female rapper, for the record. :vegas:

She’s had literally no competition. The new girls are catching up *very* quickly. 

weed

hmm,,, it is difficult bc there really was no competition, Cardi B shook the game up and now Megan and others are following. I would give her the title of being the queen from 2010-2017, no one else could have the title for that period. Maybe Iggy for 2014.

MaybeKermit

Why is everybody mentioning Doja?

Ok she raps onnsome verses but she isnt really known for her freestyles/rapping?

No matter how pop Nicki got at some points, she always had the BARSSSS. Anf everybody knows it. Her iconic fteestyles still go round etc, she has iconic RAP verses and is imo very appreciated and not only by gays (90% of my friends are straight and they all listen to her stuff (even old mixtapes) 

So tbh I don't think u can still compare the 2. 

And even Meghan imo isn't that impressive? Most of hee songs are the same and she has still to prove that she can make a solid, rap song and not just tiktok rap verses imo

And this is coming from a normal Nicki fan - no barb

Gagas lil monster

Yes. She is the Queen or rap. I don't even like rap but I like her music 

With Peace and love

BloodyJudas
4 hours ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

The delulus will say yes :smh:

The delulus will say no :bye:

Stephen
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

is doja not an R&B artist with pop and rap influences? seems that way to me. never really heard her spit extensively.

I see her as a pop star/rapper hybrid. Both equal parts. 

I don't really listen to rap in general, but I think you just can't deny Nickis impact. We even talked about her in our social sciences classes back then when she was huge with Anaconda for example.

I think she had almost no competition back then, besides Iggy for a short time, and now that some other female rappers came up, some people start to deny that she somehow made it possible. We'll see how these girls are doing in some years when their career turns as old as Nickis is right now.

For my taste she just hops on too many songs, I don't really like when artists do that because it seems kinda desperate? 

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

DoremonLove

Lol no. She never was the queen. Shes just lucky she has so many fans who completely ignore her ugly personality. Otherwise she wuld have been cancelled long time ago.:ohwell:

Cardi the real Queen of rap.:legend:

How can anoyone not love gaga

highlikegaga

I think she did have impact and she put "female rap" on the map for the generations that were kids, teens in the 2010s and she is the queen of rap for many people from that generation. BUT i feel like her choices recently ruined her legacy beyond no repair, thinking she's above being held accountable for her tightly associating with problematic people to say the least. i think she has a God complex that was fun in the 10s, but it's off-putting for many nowadays.

FentyGa

she’s only successful in the absence of others, and every hit she’s had was due to a gimmick. HOWEVER, lyrically, she’s head & shoulders above the other girls. so yeah, she is.

FentyGa
4 hours ago, Agunimon said:

is doja not an R&B artist with pop and rap influences? seems that way to me. never really heard her spit extensively.

doja is definitely a popstar

she is a rapper, because she raps, but genre-wise, she makes pop music, not hip-hop or r&b

important distinction, rap is not a genre. hip-hop is. rap is just a medium for lyrics, like singing or prose.

Elohim

Maybe. Idk.. 

Her latest albums she put out was very weak imo. It's like since she ditched her pop persona and tried to ride the trap wave, she lost her charm.

Also when Cardi showed up and got the attention of the GP, she was really acting like a panicing wounded animal. 

ToxicHot
4 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Because she's on 100 songs a year that aren't even her own...:bear:

And I oop...:billie:

So? That just goes to show how in-demand she is. :billie:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived